Thread: how long after ET can implantation happen?

Default how long after ET can implantation happen?

I had a blastocyst transferred last Tuesday week and this Tuesday night I had a tiny bit of bright red stringy type discharge. I was wondering whether this could be implantation spotting so late in the piece? I am on crinone twice daily and have experienced dark brown staining of the crinone as well for the last 2 days - getting darker each day.

I am due for a BT in a couple of days and so far have had BFN HPT.

Any one else experienced this in the last week of the TWW and have any explanation for it?

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

dusty

crinone can irritate the cervix and cause some spotting. Implantation would have occurred within a couple of days of transfer. I would imagine that the spotting is from the crinone?

slyder Guest

DW had spotting, of both kinds you describe, with crinone. Particularly later in the TWW.

I had the yucky brown spotting with the Crinone too *bleurk*

As for implantation, with a natural conceived pregnancy it's between 7-10 days after ovulation. With IVF, I'd assume it would be 7-10 days after egg collection & fertilisation. So if you have a blast transferred at day five implantation would be 2-5days after transfer. Make sense?

thanks all, my nurse also agrees that it is most likely the crinone irritation. i didn't have it last time.
    does my head in coming this late in the piece!

I didn't have any spotting after implantation (actually i had managed to convince myself that i had pushed the embryo out when i was doing poo's the day i had the embryo implanted hehe) so i can't tell you my experiences but i can wish you lots of luck Fingers and Toes crossed When do u find out?

blizzy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mez80 View Post
    I didn't have any spotting after implantation (actually i had managed to convince myself that i had pushed the embryo out when i was doing poo's the day i had the embryo implanted hehe) so i can't tell you my experiences but i can wish you lots of luck Fingers and Toes crossed When do u find out?
    hehehe

I too havent had any spotting, but i am only4 days past transfer atm

Goodluck Blizzy

I had my transfer done on the Saturday morning and then had severe tummy ache on the Monday afternoon, in one particular spot. It was so strong that I thought it was early AF pains and cried all the way home from work! Had more pains on the Tuesday too. Then nothing until my BFP a week later

sounds promising sarah!

Mez - I asked the nurses if my follie would dissapear when i went to the loo straight after ET - I am sure I provided them with many laughs after that one !!!

Dusty - how are you hanging in there hun ????

Blizzy -I'm the same no spotting at all but am 3 days past ET atm .... feeling really good though .... fingers crossed it works ...