Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often to BD???

Question How often to BD???

Hi All

Just wondering, this is my fourth month of clomid and u/sound yesterday showed two 19mm follicles. FS said that ovulation would be in about 2-3 days which will be Friday or Saturday.

My question is how often should we be BDing? Every night, twice a day or is it better to try every second day??

Wish I had clarified this with FS yesterday!

Thanks, any suggestions appreciated

CatherineL Guest

IDK Deanna - i know we tried for 2 years and didn't fall and then we didn't 'try' and had sex two times in the month we concieved and fell pg!

But good luck - hope you get a BFP

Deanna -

Hey there...me again,

Just wrote you a thread in my forum but thought I would repeat it here for everyone elses benefit as well...

My FS said to try and do it twice a week normally and then around ov time do it twice a day for two days. That can get awfully exhausting and no good has come of it as yet. Anyway Brian & I have decided not to do it as much as usual around that time (ie only once a day instead of twice) so then when result time comes around we won't have our hopes up as high in case it is a BFN.

To wrap things up I say to just do it as much or as little as you think you can handle (but make sure you do do it around ov time...) and then all you can do is leave it up to the baby fairy (she definitely needs to wave some of the baby dust over your way!!!)

Catherine -

My goodness..that's awesome and extremely lucky at the same time. Where can me & Deanna get some of that luck?

Thanks for sharing your story however it certainly gives me more than a twinkle of hope!

CatherineL Guest

Np Rara - our FS told us that we probably fell pg because the stress was off because we were told we couldn't have babies naturally due to Daniel having no swimmers! We were about to start our IVF (as we were instructed there was no chance of a baby naturally) and that's when we found out we were expecting And he also said that probably because we didn't have sex much that month, that the sperm had more time to mature and probably built up a viable amount?

Just goes to show miracles do happen

Catherine - Again I say that is awesome girl!!! Very proud and excited for you. You must be so happy that that little bub is growing inside of you (finally). I looked at your website and he/she looks sooo very cute and comfortable to be there.

I must say I LUV that name Sienna. It is original and exotic..

PS Good work to your man too!!!!

CatherineL Guest

Aww that's sweet Rara - thank you.. i just can't wait till it happen for all you gorgeous ladies

Btw - i didn't even mention that it was fraternal TWINS!! Gosh was Dan proud then.. unfortunately one didn't finish developing.. least we still have this little princess

Sorry Deanna - didn't mean to hi-jack ya thread.. Good luck!!

Hey there!
    my FS said to BD every 2nd day.
    If I knew that I was going to ovulate though I would do it once a day especially because my DH's sperm is really good.
    I have heard that if DH has a low count that every 2nd day is better because then they have time to develop some more....IYKWIM?
    Also...apparently sperm can last 3 days in the cervix waiting for the egg.

FIngers crossed that this is the cycle for you.

SAM

Thanks everyone for your replies, we (I) decided every day for four days should cover o day. If BFN this month we will be undergoing and third and final OI with IUI next month. Fingers crossed this month for a BFP.

Thanks again for your advice,

That should definately do it. I think by the 4th day ov may have passed altogether but it certainly wouldn't hurt to try.

Good luck and really do hope you will get a BFP in approx two weeks time Happy BDing!!!

Hey Deanna,

Have heard from you in a while. How did you go? I think I ended up ov yesterday and unfortunately DH wasn't able to get aroused because of the stress and frustration of it all...poor thing. Anyway we ended up BDing on Sunday only...so fingers crossed that the spermies were patient....stranger things have happened.

Make sure to let me know of your results soon okay?

Take care xxoo

Hi Rara
    I ovulated on day 16 (Friday) according to fertility friend and my temping. I had intense O pains on Friday morning and definite EWCM!!

BDing occured Tuesday, Thursday , Friday and Saturday!! Phew!!

Feeling perfectly normal, just a little tired (probably all the BDing). I have BT tomorrow (day 21) to check hormone levels.

Will POAS next Thursday (24th) if AF doesn't arrive before then. Trying not to get my hopes up but as you know that is next to impossible after all this time!

Good luck to you, hope you caught that egg!!

Hey D,

Sorry I didn't get back to you last night...our computer was playing up...Grrrr...

That is excellent girl! Good on you

I am really praying that this is your month....

Me on the other hand....well...what can I say...it is going to be a miracle baby if I do end up falling pregnant...so I guess for once I'm not as hopeful as I usually am so I guess that is good in one way. I'm getting a little frustrated with my fs though as everyone I seem to be talking to is doing this or that at the stage that I am currently at however my fs doesn't want to even see me until the end of next month. I don't think I can go through another month "naturally" if you know what I mean.

Enough about me. I am very interested in how you go so let me know....its amazing how close you feel to a stranger because of the circumstances you both find yourselves in....

Cya sweets

CatherineL Guest

for both of you

Good luck girls, hope you both get BFP!

Thanks Catherine. Much appreciated.....Luck is going to have to play a large role this month for me!

D sounds like she hit the nail right on the head

Hope your bub is going well

Cya!

Hey D,

How is everything going? Feeling any symptoms as yet? I don't feel any different but am trying to keep positive as I know it is far to early at this stage.

Hope you are ok.

Hi Rara
    Appart from extremely sore BB's and mild nausea (usually PMT symptoms for me) I am feeling pretty normal. I am CD27 today, 11 DPO.

I did cave yesterday afternoon and did a HPT, BFN of course as 10DPO and afternoon not FMU.

So wish I hadn't caved because now I am feeling pretty negative and expecting AF within the next two days. What CD are you on?

Keeping everything crossed for us both.

Hey D....

Don't worry about caving....we all do it....I do it every month...I don't know how many pregnancy tests I have bought that are supposed to detect pregnancy 5 -7 days before AF is expected to visit!

Am currently up to Day 22...only 6 days to go....I've been negative from the beginning about this cycle so it will come as no surprise if I get another .

Don't give up hope yet Ms D....It ain't over till it's over okay?

Keep your chin up and remember that I'm always here to chat if you need me....

Hi All
    I'm out this month - light brown spotting last night and this morning so expecting full blown AF any time now.
    Had a good cry last night and am now just trying to decide whether or not to go ahead this month with 3rd IUI or have a month off it all and start afresh in July? I would also love to change FS as I am certain now that the two previous IUI's I have been triggered about 2-3 days too early to fit in with the clinics and doctors schedules.
    What to do, what to do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast