Thread: How think should the uterus lining be at transfer?

Question How think should the uterus lining be at transfer?

Hello,
    We have just had our second BFN. When talking to the nurse today, she suggested talking to our FS about our next FET cycle including treatment to ensure the uterus lining is nice and thick at transfer.

I was on progesterone pessiaries following the transfer as I often have post 'o' spotting before AF. I talked to my FS, and she did not think that I required anything else (we are doing IVF due to issues), and that we should get pg with one of three embies left.

So I just thought that I would ask her about lining thickness when I get scans done, to see if it is ok. My prob is, I dont know what the thickness is meant to be at the different stages eg at ovulation, 2DPO when the transfer is done etc, and what is optimal for implantation.

Can anyone help me with this info or point me direction of good info on this?
    Thanks
    FG

Hi Farmgirl,

I am currently on the TWW with FEt #2 of donor embies. This cycle my uterus lining was not ready after 2weeks of oestrogen tablets it was only 6.7mm - ideally it should be between 7 - 12mm but then again there really isn't a perfect rule. I have heard of pregnancy with less than 6mm lining and my friend did a fet with 18mm lining and got a BFP - all i know is this clinic and the last clinic i was with like it between 7-12mm - this last transfer my lining was 8.6mm. HOpe this helps - but just talk to your FS about it.
    Good luck with the next one

slyder Guest

Our clinic says anything over 7mm. Hope this helps.

Hi FG
    Im not sure what the lining should be, but have been told to drink lots of pineapple juice to help the lining, could be worth abit of research!?

FG - my paperwork that i have here says that anything over 6mm will allow transfer to go ahead on a medicated cycle - so i'm assuming a similar thickness would be required on a "natural" cycle.

hope that helps

Thanks everyone - that is useful and I now know what to be asking