Thread: HPT on BT day

Question HPT on BT day

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows.I will have my last Pregnyl injection 1500iu on Thursday morning. I am then due to have BT on Monday but because of work I am not having it until Tuesday. Will I still have pregnyl in my system on monday? If I did a HPT on Monday night would it be accurate. Just want to get a heads up before the incredible wait on Tuesday.

Hi Saph

I think you could do an HPT on the Monday, but I'd be pretty cautious with the result to protect yourself.

On the cycles that haven't worked for me I was still getting faint but clear lines on HPTs on BT day, so the pregnyl can definitely linger in your system.

I would think that if you get a really dark, strong line with FMU on Monday then you're in with a really good chance.

I guess your other option is to test each day and monitor whether the line gets lighter or darker, but it can be really hard to see those two lines - even if you know it's pregnyl it still does something to your head!

I would definitely do an HPT on Tuesday morning so you get some advanced warning of the result.

Good luck!!!

ETA - didn't read what you said about testing on Mon night - if you keep your liquid intake down for a few hours to get strong wee in the evening, that also might be a good idea and give the pregnyl more time to get out of your system.

xxxx

Hey Saph
    Just butting in again. I know i still got a false +ive 5 days after last pregnyl, what i would suggest (and i know it may mess with your head a little) is to POAS say sat or sun and keep it then POAS again tuesday mornin if its darker then its lookin good, if paler then not so good, but i dont think one is going to give you a conclusive result.
    Really hope this is the one for you good luck and big

Thanks Scooby,I am not going to bother now as Have had really strong Af cramps for two days now so dont think i will even make it to BT day. I know that it is going to be a BFN so I am prepared for it now. Hope all goes well for you and you have a healthy pregnancy, I will hand around but this is my last cycle until probably November. I am working full time next term so it will be to hard to do any more cycles but I had also decided before that my body needs a big rest. I want to concentrate on getting fit losing a few Kg and giving it a better chance after our holiday in October. Best of luck and thankyou for your support, You dont know how much it means to me.

Saph Just wanted to say i still have AF type cramps from time to time and in the beginning they were very strong i was convinced AF was comin or i was going to MC, so hang in there!!!
    If not i think you are doing the right thing the stress of AC and fulltime work and DS is just too much and i think you deserve a well earned break and you never know what might happen in the meantime
    Stilll holding out hope for you all i kept thinking was ive done it before so i can do it again, we do have a bit of a heads up in that regard.