Thread: Human Growth Hormone

Default Human Growth Hormone

Anyone used this hormone in IVF treatment cycles?

Sheree,

I haven't heard about this one. Was it recommended to you by someone? If so, how does it help your chances?

Mel

I haven't used it but i was reading something about but i can't remember where i was reading it ( big helper i am )

Have heard of it.. but know very little. I will do a bit of research and see what I come up with... :-k

Ok have found a few things off the net:

First one says:
    Some evidence that growth hormone before IVF may improve pregnancy rates for women who have had unsuccessful IVF attempts in the past

Before starting an vitro fertilization (IVF) cycle, some women need help to ovulate. Growth hormone (GH) therapy is sometimes used in women who do not produce enough follicles in their ovaries. This aims to reduce the use of gonadotropin therapy to stimulate ovulation, a hormone that can cause multiple pregnancy. The review of trials found no evidence that growth hormone helps improve birth rates in women who are undergoing ovulation induction prior to IVF. However there is some evidence of increased pregnancy and birth rates in women who have a history of poor response to IVF. More research is needed.
    I always thought that HGH was used to increase the quality of the eggs, but I havent found that yet.... will continue searching!

Thanks Keen- you are a great help.

Ok I found some more:

Many women are also using Human Growth Hormone analogues like Insulin-like Growth Factor, a precursor to Growth Hormone (which naturally declines with age), to improve the quality and quantity of their egg production.
    although have not found details of how this works exactly...

Katem Guest

I was reading this thread and just wanted to say that I think it sounds really interesting.
    I be keen to know what your GYN thinks of it.
    Or if anyone has used it with IVF treatment.

Katem