Thread: HyCoSy tomorrow, what can I expect?

Default HyCoSy tomorrow, what can I expect?

Hello wise and wonderful ladies

I am having a HyCoSy tomorrow at 11.15am, and had a few q's for anyone who has experienced one.

1. Did you have to fast? (I'm sure you don't but not sure)

2. Did you have to have a full bladder?

3. Did you find out the results then and there (as in, did the person doing it tell you, could you see the dye go through/not go through?)

4. Did you get bleeding afterwards?

I'm pretty nervous about it all. Not too worried about the pain side of things, I'll just pop some pain killers about 30 mins before I go in. Any stories (and details) tips etc would be awesome

I haven't had a hycosy, but a little bleeding may be normal, I think. They should ahve told you if you needed to fast or have a full bladder (i think not on the bladder...)

Good luck!

1. Did you have to fast? (I'm sure you don't but not sure) - Nope, they just told me to eat a light breakfast. I think I had a couple of pieces of toast and a coffee

2. Did you have to have a full bladder? Yep, and they were running late so I had to hold it for another 45 minutes!!!

3. Did you find out the results then and there (as in, did the person doing it tell you, could you see the dye go through/not go through?) They told me that they were having issues with my right tube, that it looked deflated, that the saline didn't seem to flowing through it freely. Although, they didn't give me any details about it, and to be honest, I was too tired to ask

4. Did you get bleeding afterwards? Not a great deal, I wore the pad they gave me a couple of hours afterwards, but it was just like a light period. It's more uncomfortable when you sit down.

Thinking of you honey xo

Just a side note babe, don't forget I had a hysterosalpingogram... saline through the tubes, watched through a u/s. Not the dye and x-ray procedure...

Love xo
    Last edited by Elocin; July 27th, 2010 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Just thought I'd add...

I've been trying to work out what a hycosy is since I saw you post about it last week - obviously it;s short for something, but I can't figure out what! Is it where they put a camera in and have a look see?
    Fasting will depend on whether you are under ga or not
    Bladder I think is a no
    Dye results I would say possilbly as they will be able to tell then and there it goes through or not
    Bleeding, perhaps a little.

I should have asked, what is a hycosy? I don't know either. I had teh HSG, dye and xray. Is it the same thign or different? IF same, then answers were no, no, maybe.

It's similar to a hsg, but not with an X-ray, with a dildo cam and dye.

I have to ring up and book mine as soon as AF arrives. I'm hoping it happens whilst on holidays next week cause I don't think work will be generous in allowing me to have more time off.
    Hope it goes well. Like I said everyone I have spoken to said it was uncomfortable as opposed to painful.
    Take Care

it's different for everybody. Mine was very quick and straight forward. I have heard of women experiencing pain if their tubes are blocked, for instance.
    But aren't you a lucky girl, another dildo cam!

Lol yes, I always love the dildo cam Thankyou everyone. My main concern is just finding out the results asap, I hate it when you're in having a procedure done and the ultrasound tech or whoever doesn't tell you what is going on.

no advise PZ but just wanted to wish u the best of luck. i hope they find answers and its as simple as anything to fix.
    xxxx

Just wanted to say goodluck Sweety ! I know you've been waiting for this to kickstart things... Will be thinking of you xx

I can't offer any advice, but I just wanted to let you know I will be thinking of you and crossing fingers that it all goes fine and dildo cam finds everything is as it should be

hey PZ howd u go hun? hope ur not too tender xxx