Thread: Hysterosalpingograph (hsg) tomorrow!!!

Default Hysterosalpingograph (hsg) tomorrow!!!

I'm booked in to have one of these tomorrow morning...it's when they inject dye into your uterus/fallopian tubes to see if there are any blockages...

Has anyone ever had one before?

My FS told me to take a couple of panadol beforehand as it gets "uncomfortable"

Does it hurt alot?

Also...should I take a undie liner tomorrow...just in case it leaks afterwards?

Thanks guys

Sushee, has had this done before and a few others as well. I think it is more uncomfortable than painful. Just relax and take a liner just incase

I have always felt abit uncomfortable when I have had it done but nothing too bad & I have always been given 3 panadol before hand.

Always good to have a liner just in case.

Hope it all goes well for you

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I did ...if your tubes are blocked - it can be very painful but not too bad more just as they do it - [paracetamol is pointles in my opinion] as they inflate your fallopian tubes instead of it draining - .The DR did it twice to me (few minutes apart -said it might unblock) and you only leak a little so panty liner is good idea or slim pad.
    if not blocked the fluid drains out and not painful but uncomfortable like a pap smear with speculum etc and small catheter they insert through cervix.

Hey all

Had my HSG today...

Thankfully...all is clear...nice to know that it's okay...but also a little frustrating as not sure why we can't conceive...every test has been normal so far...oh well!

It was fairly uncomfortable, especially when the big silver (pap smear) thing was being moved around...but apart from that it was fairly okay.

Feel a little strange at the moment (probably more emotional energy than anything) and so wishing I wasn't needing to go to work soon...

Anyway...thanks for your support...much appreciated!

Glad to hear it all went well Monnie.