Thread: Info on embies getting to blastie stage??

Default Info on embies getting to blastie stage??

Hi all

We probably have had this question before but Im going to ask again.

Im about to have my EPU on the 29th / 30th of this month. Now I usually have day 2/3 ET done but have decided to have blasties.

Im abit concern that my Embies wont make it to the blastie stage.

Can some of you lovely ladies please let me know how many eggs fert and how many lived to blasties.

Im thankful for anything you have to say.
    Last edited by Missy; October 24th, 2007 at 08:27 PM.

Hi there,

I had 7 of my eggs fert and 5 of them lived to blastie stage and i have two more growing well. I should have rang today to find out how they were going as i had my transfer yesterday, but i am going to the clinic tomorrow so i will find out then

Claire

Hi Missy

It is really hard to tell. I have had two stim cycles, the first one, we had 8 eggs, and 4 went to 5d blasties. 1 was transferred, 2 FETs and 1 did not survive the thaw. Each time, BFN

This time ...just this month, we had 9 eggs collected with 1 transferred and only one survived to be frozen. So I guess it really varies. These results were a big shock to the system because we had such a good result last time.

Sorry I can't offer advice, just my experience Good luck
    Mary

We had a total of nine eggs collected, six fertilised and four made it to blast. We had one transferred, which is now our bubba due next May & three frozen.

Good Luck!

hey MM
    there is a sticky above about day 2 v blast that may also have some relevant info for you. it is nice to hear of people's stories too so i hope you get lots of replies.
    hang in there hun, not long to go now
    xx dusty

Hi ladies.

Thanks so much for your replies. I guess its just out of our hands. This will most probably be our last cycle and first time letting them grow to blasties. I guess I just want to see some really good stories.

Claire. Just want to say good luck for this ET. I really hope your dreams come true hun. Id love to know how you get on. Good luck.

Mary. wow there was a big difference with yours. Im so sorry for you BFN's and hope your BFP is just around the corner. Good luck hun.

Awww Sarah Im know yours was a blastie and you had good results. Im very happy for you hun. And wow on how fast your pg is going. Now thats what we all need. FAST PG. Thanks for the reply.

DW I will have to check it out. Thanks hun xx

Well if you are after a good story (I think ours is a little unusual though, with quite high numbers, but it is a good story). We had 25 eggs collected, 18 fertilised, and apparently 12 made it to blastie! I have one on board, and 11 frozen.

I say apparently, cause I still don't quite believe that 11 were frozen, I questioned the nurse when she told me, but she said that was what the system was saying. I was surprised cause on the day of transfer the embryologist had said that there were about 6 really good looking ones, yet it seems that quite a few more ended up pulling through to be frozen.

Wow Nellie that is blowing me away. That is so many. Well done. I really hope you get your hun

we had 7 eggs, 6 fertilised and 5 became blasties. we had 3 cycles 1 fresh 2 frozen. each blastie survived the thaw, am now 8 weeks prego and still have 2 blasties still on ice... hope this helps

Oh Sonya that is what I love hearing.

Well I had my scan today and wasnt as good as I wanted.

had 2 on the left = 10 x 15 @ 19 x 10 and had 6 on the right but cant remember the size. Only know 3 were at the good size. I was meant to have my EPU on Monday but now they want me to wait till Thursday. hmmmmm Not really feeling to good about it but now hearing yours Sonya maybe I have a chance.

Thanks for sharing.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I had 10 eggs, 9 fertilise and 3 go on to blasts. Charlie is one of those, another was transferred with him but did not implant, and we have another is the fridge.

Missy,sorry to hear that EPU has been put back a few days, when is your next scan?
    Sending lots of growth vibes to your follies

Nic

Oh thanks Sushee. Its so scary. Awww when are you if you are going to have the FET??

I only need that really strong good one dont I. Well lets hope it works for me and not just me but all the ladies TTC. Its a real pain in the butt what we have to go through.

Oh Nic you got in just before me hun.

Im not having another scan. They were just happy for me to have it done on Thursday. I have a BT on Mon or Tues. Now that I think about it I wonder why they arent giving me another scan. Hmmmmm Maybe they think my other smaller follies will grow big enough.

Hmmmm what do you think???

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Lol Missy an FET is not on the cards for me anytime soon I'm afraid. Maybe late 2008 or early 2009 at this stage.

And yes hun you only need one good embryo Hang in there, you've got a good number of lovely follies, they're just taking their time to mature is all.

Well sushee when you decide to take to pung ill be right there cheering you one chickie....lol

I know sushee i just hate this waiting. Plus I feel like im 10 kg heavier in the stomac..

Im feeling ok and just want thursday to hurry up.