Thread: IUI Cancelled :(

Default IUI Cancelled :(

I got the call from the nurse yesterday saying that my levels were high and that I should come in for an ultrasound. so I did this morning and it turned out that I had responded well with the injections.... too well infact.... about 10 follicles! Now I have been advised to take Provera for 10 days to ensure I dont fall pregnant because of the number of follices.

I lost it as soon as the sonographer told me that she could see more than expected one or two. She did tell me that I could probably try next month (not having to wait a cycle in between) as long as my ovaries had gone back to normal.... so that is something. They will probably reduce the Puregon dose by half. Has anybody had a similar experience? Its been about an hour since the ultrasound and I am not coping at all - I know it was my first IUI, I just wanted to at least try the insemination instread of cancelling the whole cycle...

So sorry Lisa. I can't offer any advice re IUI never having had it but I know a lot of girls in here have so they could probably help more.
    It sure is a big let down when you get treatment delayed and even worse when you start something and get it cancelled. I can't make you feel better honey, but just know that you aren't alone in here and you are definately justified in feeling devistated.
    Hope things go the way they should quickly so you can start again soon. I is good to know however, that your body is responding so well to the drugs and that they just need to adjust the levels so you can start again straight away. That bit is great news.
    big hug from me.

HI Lisa

i'm so sorry your IUI got cancelled Hun. i know how hard it can be - i had 10 days of injections and found that my body wasn't responding, so my first cycle got cancelled as well. i was devastated too. it took me a few days and another meeting with FS to get my head around what was happening. i guess i accepted it as i'd been told that the first couple of cycles are experimental until they can find the right dosage of meds for you. i know my situation is different to yours, but i can comepletely empathise with you.

i so hope that everything goes well for you next cycle

Hey Lisa,
    Sorry to hear your IUI was cancelled but they will never take the risk of having a multiple conception with an IUI & it sounds like you could have ended up with 3 or 4 babies!
    Still know it's a let down for you, good news you don't have to sit out next month.

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    First chlomid / IUI Jan/Feb 2007 - BFN
    Second IUI March 2007 - FINGERS CROSSED
    this will be the year!

Thanks girls. Still pretty upset today but alot better than yesterday. Hopefully the dose will be right next time and we actually go through with the insemination. I know it is a good thing that I responded well to the injections.... its just another month of no good news....

Just a question... I am on Provera for 10 days and was just wondering whether my period would start at the end of taking it, cause from what I understand, it is like the pill. Ta.

from my experience, AF usually shows a few days after finishing taking the tabs. i think the provera increases progesterone, and once you stop taking them, it drops, similar to what happens in a normal cycle.

Hi Lisa & all,
    I've come into this post late but I hope you're more 'up' today. I can't directly relate my experience to yours, but am experiencing the frustration of a cancelled treatment so I'm feeling for you but you'll be on track next month, keep the faith....I must tell myself that too!
    I went through round 1 of IUI naturally, with no success. The perceived issue had been that DH is overseas every 4 months and back for only 1 month (for the next 2 yrs!!) so it's been about making use of the months & the technology.....till today. My U/S showed that at Day 15 my largest follicle is only 9mm, so although I'll be scanned again on Thurs, it's most likely this round is cancelled. I asked the dr over the phone 'what I can I start taking now to improve this?' They think clomid for the next cycle.
    For all I know, my bod could have been doing this for ages before I started getting U/S.
    Questions: does Clomid take a while to kick in?
    Thanks & good luck to all of you.

Hi LisaC, I am sorry about your cycle being cancelled
    I have just taken Provera and I took it for 10 days too. Today is the 5th day since my last tablet and I am still waiting for AF. I have heard it can take up to 14 days after your last tablet to get AF.
    Hey lushlou, I have heard that it can take a couple of cycles of Clomid for your body to get used to it. (Fingers crossed this is true cause my first cycle did nothing).
    Good Luck with everything.
    SAM

Thanks sam, wishing you lots of luck for this cycle, hoping it all kicks into gear!
    I'll wait & see how this month pans out but fertility drugs are potentially the next step for me....still all new & unknown.

Lisa,

I am sorry to hear the news, although I do IVF I am a big folly producer due to pcos and its a ****ty thing.
    Good luck with next cycle.

Hugs
    Shazz.
    xx

Default cancelled cycle

Hi LisaC
    Hun, if you need to just let it all out ,just do it, I find that when I let it all out, have a good cry, I can be more positive for the next round. I had 3 bad cycles, not reacting, over reacting, blah, blah blah…..Im on my fourth now, and I think I will be getting another round of blah, blah, blah. But I have to stay positive, we all do.
    Good luck with provera