Thread: IVF

KPow Guest

Default IVF

Hi all,

I am a newbie to online chats & really have no idea what I am doing (sorry).

I started on my 1st round of IVF a few days ago (with my 1st lot of drugs), but don't really know what to expect. I was hoping to talk to people who have gone through / are going through IVF or ART. I find the whole process a little daunting but am really excited about the end result.

If you have any wisdom or info to share, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks
    KPow

Welcome to BB KPow. I'm sure you'll find lots of support here.

Welcome KPow - hope your stay will be short IYKWIM (if you know what I mean). I was a newbie to forum life when I first came in here so I remember how hopeless I was with the acronyms and the way things worked. :smt102
    I think I found that more daunting than my first IVF attempt!
    You'll find lots of info and support in here and a few laughs along the way.
    Just ask questions when you need to - there's bound to be someone who's been through exactly the same thing. Having buddies to cycle with makes the world of difference - sharing with others who are going through it at the same time will hopefully keep you sane. 8-[
    I wish you luck with your journey, try to stay positive and calm
    Sue

skyelar Guest

Hi KPow! Welcome to BB =D>

If you join in on the monthly thread I am sure you will make some great friends!

See you there!

Hi KPow
    Welcome to BB and IVF land. Your first round of IVF will be a bit mysterious if your clinic is anything like mine.

The best way I can describe my first cycle is that it was like walking through a series of connected rooms in a large house I'd never been in before. I knew there were a lot of rooms to go through - I had a rough idea how many there were and that I'd get to the last room eventually. But on my journey the doors between the rooms were all closed so I didn't get to find out what was in the next room til I was invited to go in.

After going through the whole process one 'room' at a time, I was really glad that I didn't have to understand the whole 'floorplan' at once. It was too much to take in all at once and I had a lot of trouble trying to concentrate and remember what I was being told on each step.

I'm now on my second ICSI after a first failed attempt and failed FET. I now know the whole floorplan really well. And I kinda wished I could go back to not knowing.

Just take it one room at a time and be very kind to yourself.

I wish you a very smooth cycle, and hope you get good embies for transfer. Don't forget to drink lots of water if you're stimming. I hope your stay is a short one.

we have our first visit to the clinic on Monday, so I too am in the same boat as you. We're going ICSI. We're hoping that it will be successful early on due to circumstances of having to do ICSI (husband had snip but both of us have had no problems falling pregnant in the past - he has 3 kids, I had one miscarriage and i was on the pill and using condoms at the time but had a stomach bug).

We can learn together, cry together, celebrate together and virtually vomit together

Schaz

KPow - welcome to BB. I hope you find lots of great support here in your IVF journey. I have my first IVF appt on Monday in a fortnight's time, so I'm in much the same boat that you are. Wishing all the best and sending you lots of dust:.

Karbent - GREAT description - I've been scouring the net trying to find a logical sequence for what's going to happen to me, and haven't been able to really find what I'm looking for. So I think I might just take it one 'room' at a time.

KPow,

Best of luck with your cycle and well done for choosing BB for all your support needs. =)) No matter what the enquiry, there is usually somebody here who has been through something similar and can provide guidance and/or reassurance which makes the whole thing so much easier. The girls in the Long Term TTC and Assisted Conception forums are pretty spesh.

Schaz - Good luck to you too. Hope it goes really well.

Mel

Thinking of you ladies & your first appointments.

Kar, that was a great description, I think I was just happy knowing 1 room at a time also.
    But now with 2nd IVF coming up it all seems daunting because I 'know'.

take care & remember no question is too small & someone probably asked it before or hasn't got around to it yet.
    And definately join in the monthly threads!