Thread: IVF Australia

Default IVF Australia

Hi
    Is anyone else out there with IVF Australia? I read something about there being some kind of walkout recently? Is there anyone who has changed clinics and found one with better attitudes etc?

:smt102 I have 1 or 2 niggling concerns about my treatment plan and would welcome any advice. I started Synarel 7/7, Gonal F (300) 23/7. My levels were not high enough (although they would not tell me what they were) by Thu 2/8. I only had 2 large follicles and a few smaller ones. As they only do EPU on the coast on Thursdays, I was kept on the GF until the following Thu 11/8. On Tuesday 9/8 I had 4 large (20mm) follicles and 3 smaller ones. I only ended up with 2 eggs, then only 1 2-cell embryo which was transferred 13/8. I asked the Dr who did my transfer but he wasn't the Dr (Quinn) who did the EPU (they rotate week about) so could not answer my questions as to why I only ended up with 2 eggs. I had no side effects whatsoever from 18 days on Gonal F. Any clues as to whether this is normal protocol? Am I just being a Paranoid Patty because I'm 2WW!!!
    8-[
    Any comments would be really appreciated.
    Sue
    :flower:

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Sorry Sue
    I can't help you much with this question but I will PM you something that might help

Thanks so much Trish.
    Pretty sure after my attitude to everything today that I am firmly in the grip of pre-AF aaagggggness. The hot water bottle is planted firmly on tum at the moment ](*,) No more spotting but the cramps are still there!
    Sue

Default To Trish

Hi, again Trish. Got your email. Tried to reply but was rejected!!! I tried your suggestion earlier today but am still waiting. It's not the same though is it???
    Thanks again for the support =D>
    Sue

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

one thing I do know is not all follicles contain eggs so that is why maybe you only got 2 eggs

take care and if you to talk I am here

angelique Guest

Hi Sue,

I have gone through IVF Australia (near wynyard station). I have found the secretary to be very cold and *****y. My hubby and I complained to our doctor about how they first handled our situation and they were put in their place. You just have to speak up really loudly so they know you wont tolerate the behaviour.

We only went here because Dr Pearsson is the best and we wanted only the best helping us on this long road. Is that your doctor?

Make sure you tell them off when they do you wrong. I found that IVF in Maroubra were soooooo nice.

ange

Thanks Ange.
    I'm with IVFA (north-shore - central coast clinic). I first started out with SIVF many years ago - there were no clinics on the CC then. Then CityWest IVF had 1 clinic day a week on CC so I changed to them. Then CityWest and a few others merged and I was then with IVFA....
    We're pretty much restricted here - only 2 clinics. The other is SIVF (CC). I thought their fees were always much higher, but now I'm not so sure.
    I always found the nurses and support people at SIVF soooo very gentle, kind and understanding. CityWest was pretty good too - Bev Lamont is an angel. Our IVFA (CC) nurse isn't rude but tends to rush things.
    I saw Dr Quinn - he is the director. I didn't actually have a choice!! I am more concerned that my cycle seemed to centre around the dr/hospital availability dates. The clinic is open 6/7 days for monitoring and transfers, but EPU only one day per week. I think a 7-day-a-week clinic is best. I haven't contacted SIVF here as they have no sperm donors - that's what I need. The other alternative is Hunter IVF (part of Monash) in Newcastle.
    I am guessing Bev Lamont is one of the nurses who walked out of IVFA. I would just really like to know the reasons behind it.
    Whether it's Newcastle or Sydney if I change, it means travelling and starting all over again!!!
    With a bit of luck from the baby gods - I won't need to do this again [-o<
    Sue

confusedegg Guest

Default Re: IVF Australia

Hi Sue,

I am with SIVF Australia.

I have huge fertility problem and i am in same boat as you when it comes to eggs... Gonal-F and Synarel.. i did not respond. My levels were virtually "0"... 1 follicle.. They had suggested egg donor.. i thought it was the end for me after 12 years ttc.

SIVF changed my treatment and i responded.. #1 i had 2 eggs to transfer after 5 day blastocyst (BFN), #2 cycle I had 2 transferred (over 100 cells - 5 day blastocyst - BFP -TWINS) and 2 to freeze.

Baby~amore is right.. not all follicles will release an egg.

I wish you luck and fingers crossed on 2ww.

If you like to talk further please email me [email protected]

Regards
    Chris

Thanks Chris, I have emailed you.
    Sue

Draco Guest

I cycled through IVf-Australia (chatswood) at the end of 2003.. I thought they were lovely.

Hi again Draco
    Did you have Dr Quinn? IVFA CC come under IVFA NorthShore's umbrella. I had my post IVF cycle appointment with him today and am feeling much more reassured.
    Cheers
    Sue :luck:

Draco Guest

I had Dr Leung (?) I think that's how you spell it... I'm going on memory here.
    He seemed okay, but like most doctors, he sat behind the desk looking important while the nurses/counsellors/receptionists did the real work.
    I didn't see much of him beyond the first and second appointments because half of my cycle was done long distance. We moved to rural QLD in the middle of the cycle lol... quite an experience.
    Lesley (I think?) the counsellor and the nurse that talked me through most everything over the phone were just lovely and wonderful.