Thread: Just dropping in ....

Default Just dropping in ....

to say hello to you all, and to let you know that I am thinking of you all as well.

Where at you girls at currently. I don't pop in here very often so thought I would check up on you all.

Love :smt049

having a laporoscopy on Wednesday to check out the 'equipment', then starting on fourth IVF probably sometime in October.

Hayseed

Goodluck with your lap Hayseed. Let us know how it went when you are back on your feet.

Love :smt049

Hayseed,
    Just wanted to say goodluck with the laporoscopy on Wednesday and hope it all goes well.
    Will be thinking of you.

Nic.

Waiting, waiting, waiting for September 1st!

Have to see my doc next week for a referral, and prob some words of wisdom hehe.

Jo
    PS Good luck with the Lap Hayseed, why havn't they done this before?

Good luck Hayseed :luck:

Good luck Hayseed! I am waiting for my laparoscomy too!

Will be thinking of you [-o<

inkdust:

Melinda Guest

Let us know how you went with the laparoscopy when you can Hayseed - I hope it all went well for you.

OMG, good luck with the impending birth tootie!!!!! =D>

\/

Goodluck Hayseed, I hope it all goes well!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Hi girls,

Well, eventaully, I'm back from the laporoscopy. What an event!

Now I don't want to scare off anyone, because this lap was unusual for even me and I have had 2 previously.

I went down to Melb on Tuesday and stayed at my mum's house. She lives 2 streets away from Epworth Hospital, so we walked up there on Wednesday morning. I got my paperwork etc done and eventually went through to surgery about 12.45pm.

When I woke up, I was in terrible pain - like my belly was on fire. I have 3 doses of pethadine in the recovery area and then another shot in the step down recovery area. My gyno came through later in the afternoon and I asked why there was so much pain. Apparently they did a bit more work that just having a look.

I did have a bit of endo and one of my ovaries was stuck to the adbomen wall. Nick suggested I stay in hospital that night to manage the pain (much to my mum's relief!).

However, the next day, I couldn't pee. Try as I might, I could feel it coming down the urethra, but then it would stop ](*,) . And I was BUSTING. They ended up putting in a catheter - phew :roll:

Then, I started vomiting. As soon as a tiny bit of food would hit my stomach - up it would come. Straight away. I felt sorry for the girls that shared my ward. So I was on a drip to hydrate me and to deliver anti sick drugs, injections to dull the pain, a catheter to relive me and teeny tiny amounts of food to feed me! Sheesh!

I stayed in hospital until Saturday afternoon and came straight home. I worked form home today and did a bit of walking around, and I am absolutely buggered. I have never felt this washed out from an operation before. And I am still sick to boot. I take maxalon to stop me vomiting aftr most meals...it is getting better, but still.....

When Nick came in on Saturday afternoon, he told me that the endo was not really really bad, but it was certainly enough to affect pregnancy and may be the reason for all the miscarraiges I've been having.

Interestingly, one of my ovaries never performed very well on IVF - maybe it was the one that was stuck to my guts!

I have an appointment in mid September to discuss where to from here.

Oh, adn while I was in, I met a girl who had done a heap of IVF (incl frozen) cycles and encouraged her to join us on the web site. I'll check out the introductions to see if she has made it yet.

Hope everyone else is ok (and I didn't worry anyone)

Hayseed

OMG, Hayseed, what an awful experience!! Wishing you a quick recovery! Hopefully after going through all of that the docs have figured out where to go from here and will be able to work out a new plan of action for you.

Take care and lots of get well vibes!!

Awwww Hayseed, you poor chook. I hope you are feeling better now.

Hopefully all will be fixed & you will be holding your baby some time next year

Sending you lots of inkdust: and :bluestick:

Sorry to cut and paste like this and I hope I'm not going against any forum ettiquete, but was a bit pooped to re-write the whole thing again and I've had great support from this forum web as well as the IVF one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayseed
    Hi girls,

Well, eventaully, I'm back from the laporoscopy. What an event!

Now I don't want to scare off anyone, because this lap was unusual for even me and I have had 2 previously.

I went down to Melb on Tuesday and stayed at my mum's house. She lives 2 streets away from Epworth Hospital, so we walked up there on Wednesday morning. I got my paperwork etc done and eventually went through to surgery about 12.45pm.

When I woke up, I was in terrible pain - like my belly was on fire. I have 3 doses of pethadine in the recovery area and then another shot in the step down recovery area. My gyno came through later in the afternoon and I asked why there was so much pain. Apparently they did a bit more work that just having a look.

I did have a bit of endo and one of my ovaries was stuck to the adbomen wall. Nick suggested I stay in hospital that night to manage the pain (much to my mum's relief!).

However, the next day, I couldn't pee. Try as I might, I could feel it coming down the urethra, but then it would stop ](*,) . And I was BUSTING. They ended up putting in a catheter - phew :roll:

Then, I started vomiting. As soon as a tiny bit of food would hit my stomach - up it would come. Straight away. I felt sorry for the girls that shared my ward. So I was on a drip to hydrate me and to deliver anti sick drugs, injections to dull the pain, a catheter to relive me and teeny tiny amounts of food to feed me! Sheesh!

I stayed in hospital until Saturday afternoon and came straight home. I worked form home today and did a bit of walking around, and I am absolutely buggered. I have never felt this washed out from an operation before. And I am still sick to boot. I take maxalon to stop me vomiting aftr most meals...it is getting better, but still.....

When Nick came in on Saturday afternoon, he told me that the endo was not really really bad, but it was certainly enough to affect pregnancy and may be the reason for all the miscarraiges I've been having.

Interestingly, one of my ovaries never performed very well on IVF - maybe it was the one that was stuck to my guts!

I have an appointment in mid September to discuss where to from here.

Oh, adn while I was in, I met a girl who had done a heap of IVF (incl frozen) cycles and encouraged her to join us on the web site. I'll check out the introductions to see if she has made it yet.

Hope everyone else is ok (and I didn't worry anyone)

Hayseed

Sorry bout that (above). I was trying to cut and paste into another thread. Maybe you can't??????

Hayseed

Wow Hayseed, didn't expect a big ordeal like that. Hope you feel better soon. Good to hear they got the endo though.

Nic

Hi girls,

I'm feeling HEAPS better today. I've booked in to have the stiches out tomorrow. How's everyone else's IVF journey???

Hayseed