Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just finished first cycle of ivf/icsi

mel3780 Guest

Default Just finished first cycle of ivf/icsi

I have just finished my first cycle of icsi last wednesday....

I am still in positive mode but thought maybe someone could shed some light on a few things for me....

Are my periods due the normal time since my last even though i had my eggs removed during that stage...

Also, if i do a home test would that show anything???

Its been just over a week and i am getting really impatiant....

Any help would be very very great....

Regards
    Mel [-o<

Really impatient is normal!!! 2WW (2 week wait) is the worst time. There is an article in the articles section of BB on things to help distract you. If you pop up into the Monthly Sticky Thread for April you'll find some other women enduring the 2WW at the moment. It's good to obsess with others in the same boat.
    Are you on any post transfer meds - like pessaries, crinone gel or pregnyl injections? Pregnyl will definitely affect any HPT's (home Pregnancy Tests) you do so steer clear of them if you are.
    Has your clinic given you a date to go and have a Beta BT (Blood Test)? All clinics differ on when they do this. Some tell you to come in a day after period is due, some tell you to go in 3 - 4 days after AF (period) would be due and some say only have the BT if you don't get a period when it's due.
    AF should be due around 2 weeks after you had your EPU (egg pick up op).
    Good luck!!
    Sue

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Sue's covered pretty much everything, but just wanted to add that progesterone support, in the form of pessaries, crinone or pregnyl (which is a shot of HCG - the same hormone as detected in pregnancy and can give you a false +ve, like Sue said) can also delay your period (AF) by a few days.

mel3780 Guest

Ladies,

Thank you both....

Ihave learned something new.... that means my periods are still not due for another 3 days.. i thought i was doing great... I guess time will tell in the end...

I do feel like i am getting me periods but then the pain goes away...

Fingers crossed and positive thoughts all round...

Have a lovely weekend

Cheers
    Mel

Hey Mel,
    Any news??

mel3780 Guest

I have 2 more days to go til i have my blood test and have just started to spot only very slightly this morning.... It is a very dark colour.....

Fingers crossed this will only last today and then be gone....

Either way i think i have prepared myself for worst as i know that i still have another 6 embroyos in freezing....

Also, is this spotting normal or is this the start of my periods, i have been feeling for the past 4 days that my periods are due....

Why do these things happen... ](*,) [-o<

Will keep you updated...

Ta Mel

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Mel

big hugs to you - it is a long and hard wait.

I too went thru WM and on 2nd cycle I got my BFP.

They usually make your Beta BT a few days (6-7) after AF is due - so maybe

The 1st cycle and 1st FET I had minimal spotting but BFN so I never got to BT.

2nd cycle
    I had spotting for a few days before was due (usually 14 days after egg pickup) and terrible cramping - I was convinced I wasn't pregnant but I did HPT anyway - and I got 2 lines and I'm now 25 weeks with twins.

Not that I want to build up your hopes but don't give up.It may have been implantation spotting you had or embryos digging in.
    I also had dark spotting from 5wk6 days to nearly 13weeks.

I [-o< and hope you that you will soon be seeing two lines.

Goodluck and take care
    Trish

mel3780 Guest

Trish,

I am impatient and have done 2 hpt to see and they both come back positive but i could still have the crione gel in my system which may show a different reading... i did stop the gel on Monday so maybe....

I am not spotting on my underwear but when i wipe myself after going to the loo i have blood marks on the paper....

Fingers crossed either way..

Thanks for the info and i will still think positive til is shows otherwise...

regards
    mel

Mel -
    Crinone does not affect HPT - you only will only show a false positive if you had Pregnyl (injection) in last few days -because it is HCG - Pregnancy shows positive too

It sounds good to me - we need a few more bellies in Pregnancy after LTTTC - stay positive

mel3780 Guest

Trish,

You have raised my hopes again, after this morning i started to think that it was impossible and had given up on this cycle... \/

I did have my last trigger injection though just before egg pick up well over 2 weeks ago.. so does this mean things could be looking a hell of a lot better for me then what i thought...

I praise you all and thank you O ... its not over til the fat lady sings...

Bring it on

Mel

hey mel lets hope this is it!!!

I'm really hoping for you - lovely to have another WM graduate too ...

Gag and Lock that Fat lady up will you someone

OOOohhhh Mel.... .I really hope this is it for you.

Like you I am in the 2ww and have 10 more days to go though. I am similar to you in trying not to get my hopes up too much but doing my best to think positively. I have never been able to rely on HPTs prior to the beta.

Remember never to give up until that evil fat witch starts to sing....

Did you have a two day embie, or 5 day blast transferred back? Or something other than that?

:bluestick: inkstick:

mel3780 Guest

Keen,

Everyones well wishes are amazing and i never really knew how much support was on this site, i normally just read everyones elses posts and potter along...

I had a egg pick up then 2 days later the transfer back..

All up i had 26 folicals, 17 fertilized but only ended up with 7 in the end... I transferred one with 6 in freezing....

Will keep my fingers and toes crossed for us both..

Mel

mel3780 Guest

Fingers crossed,

woke up this morning and no spotting, this has to be a good sign right...

I think i have turned into a hpt junkie, could'nt help myself but do another one this morning and yep its positive again...

What are the chances that you get no AF but the blood test is still neg...

I am aware that is till could not be??? But positive vibes around me a must at the moment...

Cheers
    Mel

Mel
    what day was your egg pickup ?

I don't know but a do know a few more people that got BFN on HPT then got a BFP at BT - \/

Goodluck is all I can say and fingers crossed !

with hope
    Trish

mel3780 Guest

I guess i will just have to wait and see Tomorrow..... one more day....

Egg pick up was on the 3rd April??? Is that a good thing???

This is my first cycle so everything is new to me at the moment...

Cheers
    Mel

Mel
    it means you are 16/17 days past ovulation - hopefully it is a good sign with positive HPT's as well

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast