Thread: just found out we need IVF

Bells Guest

Default just found out we need IVF

Hi all

Never thought I'd be joining in here, but here I am.

Today, around 12 months after starting to try for a baby, we had our second appointment with SIVF to find out that we have little chance of conceiving naturally. Hubby's sperm motility is pretty poor and ICSI is the way to go for us.

A bit of a shock. I thought we were a long way off needing to do that.

So I'll be getting to know this section pretty well. I guess I'm still coming to terms with this information. We just didn't see it coming. I'll look forward to reading your stories, sharing mine and learning lots.

Bells

Melinda Guest

I'm sorry to hear your news Bells - I imagine it must all be pretty overwhelming right now - definitely a lot of information to try and absorb.

The ladies here are fabulous and I'm sure they will provide you with oodles of information and support........you're in the right place

Bells Guest

Thanks Melinda. I'm sure there's heaps to learn and share.

Bells

kirsty Guest

Bells, I'm so sorry to hear your news. We are almost at the 12mth mark of trying for another baby (first one took us 3yrs but managed it naturally in the end) & our Dr has started to talk about maybe needing some help. Very scary thought but if it is what is necessary for us to have another baby then I guess I'm just gonna have to get used to the idea.

I'm sure you'll get some great support & information from the wonderful ladies in here.

Hi Bells, I am sure ATM it all seems overwelming but once you have time to read all of the info/ask lots of ?'s and get your head around it, it can still be as exciting as conceiving naturally. We tried for 12 months with 3 rounds of clomid at the end (which i never thought would happen as i fell pg with DS whilst on the pill during a bout of vomiting mid cycle....so he was a surprise- even though we were just about to TTC) and then i had to turn to IVF as medication i was taking for arthritis was preventing a natural conception. Thankfully our first little eggie transfered well and we now have about 13 weeks until we meet our little man. A friend has just been through a similar situation to yourself and they are now expecting their first little bundle in May. I wish you both the very best of luck as you head down this new path of TTC and [-o< you get a BFP soon.

Hi bells welcome to our little family. I remember the shock as well of being told that IVF was the way to go for us. It just seemed so easy for everyone else. But once I got over the "why me" bit I embraced this technology and couldn't wait for the process to start. To be given hope when there was just questions with no answers gave me the will to carry on. I now have a beautiful baby boy and am in the midst of another IVF cycle trying for a 2nd. It's a scary and confusing process but we all go through it together and help each other through the highs and lows. Come and join us in the monthly thread - the more the merrier! Hopefully we can answer any questions you may have and have a few laughs along the way