Thread: Laparoscopy ....

Default Laparoscopy ....

Hey Girls

So I seen the gyno this morning, I must say he IS thorough! I like it (Kinda) LOL

This is going to sound REALLY bad - and I know it is, but this morning I had my FIRST pap smear At almost 27 yrs old, this is appalling, I know I know. Better late than never tho right?

Anyways - moving forward, Gyno wants to book me in for a Laparoscopy which will include a pressurized blue dye test (for the tubes) and a D&C (curet). Lucky me hey. DP says it might be a good thing, maybe a clean out is what I need? I am really hoping everything goes ok. I know alot of the BB ladies have had this done - and am kinda looking for a bit of advice. Is there anything I should prepare myself for that you werent told about? Was your Lap ok? What was the recovery time?

I AM SCARED. Not much scares me, but TBH this does - the fear of the unknown, what will they find? Will my little eggs be fine? I am over thinking, and I shouldn't - but I like to think of the 'what if's' just so i can get my head around it all - ITMS?

Hi Naenae,

How exciting, things are moving forward for you. I've had two laps, DC's and a a dye test, and I guess the only thing I found that was underestimated by my fs was the feeling from the gas they use.I wasn't prepared for the feeling in my shoulders,ribs and collarbone. It wasn't deadly painful, but it was unexpected.

Just make sure you rest rest rest!

yeah, the referred pain from the gas is the worst part I think.
    It's very minor surgery, you'll be fine. And whatever they find (if anything) will only take you a step closer to your goal.

Hi Naenae,

To be honest the shoulder pain was the least of my worries - I was told by both my OBS/GYNO (who did the suregery) and my GF of the pain associated with it. At first that was probably the worst b/c hard to get comfie in bed etc... but my tummy took quite a while (nearly 3 weeks) to be pain free. The stitches in the belly button seemed to be 'pulling' & they didn't disolve on their own (they were suppose to) so I went back & had them removed & the pain went that night - thank goodness.

I also wanted to tell you that I fell pg two months after my Lap / D&C (but unfortunately m/c) GL it will be worth it

Hey Naenae,

I think I found coming our of the anesthetic the worst! I never have any worries with it but for some reason on that particular urgery I did.
    I got a nasty infection as well which took a while to clear up. I had about 4 days off work I think.

Goodluck, there isnt really anything to be worried about just think of it a bit like period pain.

Aim xxx

I recovered well from both of my lap surgeries. The referred shoulder pain was the worst for me. I love going under an anaesthetic (I know, I'm a weirdo)..... I get quite euphoric from the anaesthetic drugs - apparently not a common side effect but I have to say I like it!!

It took me about 4 days to be totally pain free. And the pain wasn't even that awful. Just make sure they give you good analgesia.
    Good luck.
    Sue xxx

Cool - you certainly put my mind at ease. Ive never had any sort of surgery done, so its kinda scary 'going under' itms? ONLY time I have been in hossie was to have DD!

Thank you all for reassuring me!