Thread: Laproscopy Question?

Default Laproscopy Question?

Hey Ladies,

Do you have to have a lap done at a particular time in your cycle? Like just after AF?

And also, what is the general procedure?

Thanks
    SAM

Hi Sam,
    The only time i couldn't have the lap was during AF. That's all we were told - any other time was fine. Then AF was a bit funny afterwards. It was a bit late.
    I had a lap, hysteroscopy, biopsy and dye studies (it think that is pretty standard?).
    Most of the ladies here have said they had 2 holes - one for the camera and one for the other tool. I ended up with 4, because of the amount of endo & adhesions they found. But they are seriously tiny little scars - one is in my belly button and therefore invisible, one is in my bikini line - also invisible, and the other two are over the ovaries, but hidden to all by my bikini.
    After my lap, i had shoulder tip pain - a result of being blown up by a balloon during the procedure. This was the worst pain - i had very little abdominal discomfort. Have some painkillers ready for when the anaesthetic wears off.
    I was first in, in the morning (7.30ish) and i left just after lunch. Then I lay on the couch for a couple of days.
    One thing that i wasn't prepared for was that you can't use tampons for a while afterwards (not sure the time frame) and i had a bit of bleeding after the op (nothing unusual) but i didn't have the right pads. Poor DH, at the chemist, on his phone to me, saying - there are sooo many varieties
    Mine went really well and i would do it again if necessary.
    Good luck.

I have had two laps done, and i think both were around 2-3 weeks after AF started. But both times after the time I would normally O. I dont know whether that was done on purpose or not, though.

Procedure for ones I have had - knocked out, then camera goes through a small incision in your belly button. For one of mind I had to also havce an incision just above my pubic bone because they needed to address some adhesions (but these are unlikely). The most painful part is usually afterward when the gas/air that they use to put through so that the camera can see reaches your shoulder. Thats the worst part - but the first one I had very little of that and the second I had a lot, so you never know.

hope that helps

*snap* Jo - we posted at the same time!

I also had hysteroscopy, biopsy and dye studies done too.

great minds aye Keen

Hi Sammy
    I am going in to have a lap on Thurs and was told they like to do a lap int he first two weeks to ensure that the patient isn't pregnant, but considering i cant fall naturally it doesn't matter when during the month and that having AF was also not an issue.
    Good luck with your lap.

Cheers

Thanks so much for the info ladies

Shannon, good luck on Thursday.