Thread: Last Embryo to Implant!!!! Couple of questions!!:)

Default Last Embryo to Implant!!!! Couple of questions!!:)

Hi all. Im in the middle of taking Synarel and Estrofem. Im going on the 5/10 to have an ultrasound to see how thick the lineing is in the womb and then will be having a transfer done.

What I want to know is my last embryo is an Blasticyst and was wondering if many Blasticyst survive the thawing process.

Also I think for a Blasticyst it takes 2 days to implant can anyone confirm that????

Another question is, I have a 8 month old and is it ok to lift him after the transfere???? Just want to give this little bub all the chance to take.

Thanks so much

Missy

Last edited by Missy; September 26th, 2006 at 01:14 PM.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Missy,

Blasts do tend to thaw better than day 2 embryos, so that's the good news. As for implantation, that happens between 7-10 days after fertilisation, so anywhere from 2 to 5 days after transfer.

Lastly, as far as lifting your baby there are people who would believe that you're best not to take chances and stay off your feet and not lift him, but there are others (like me) who think you should just continue with normal life, including lifting your son.

I have done both (rested and been extra careful, and also pretending it's like any other day) and when I fell pg, it was actually on a cycle when I was doing things like carrying a tonne of groceries and cleaning the house etc. Some say that the increased blood flow from exercising is good for you!

Good luck with it, Missy. I'll be crossing my fingers for you!

Hi Sushee

Its hard to know what to do. All I know is that I want this last one to work so much as I really dont want to go through it all again.

Thanks so much for you advise.

Missy