Thread: Late AF on Clomid and weird PMS symptoms

12bliss Guest

Default Late AF on Clomid and weird PMS symptoms

Hi all,
    Just thought i'd see if anyone had experienced what i am right now.

Started my first dose of clomid CD3-7 (10/8/06-14/8/06) and i am pretty sure i ovulated on 25/8/06 (CD17) anyway.... for a while i thought i may have been pregnant but HPT's have proved me other wise... i took one on 11DPO and 12DPO - both negative.

BUT i have had AF cramps coming and going for about a week now, and quite tender (more like bruised) bb's about 4 days ago. See right now i should have AF or be expecting her tomorrow BUT i have no pains, very slight breast tenderness my cervix is still quite high and creamy CM.

I am pretty sure im not pregnant but wondering when the hell AF is coming.... anyone else had this happen, and if you are on clomid, how long after O can you expect AF????

Very confused

Hello, clomid normally regulates the cycles so you should get AF around 14-16dpo. You sound quite possibly pregnant to me.

How many dpo are you now? Have you tested since?

12bliss Guest

thanks for the quick response, i am 13DPO at the moment and i tested yesterday (12DPO) and a BFN - normally i would be in pain (cramps and swelling of the bb's) right uo until bleeding, but its just strange it has gone away. This hasnt happened to me before and i thought it may have been a side effect of clomid!

well my last cycle I took clomid and I did not get a BFP until 15dpo. Hopefully AF stays away and you get your bfp soon

12bliss Guest

oic thats excellent then... im not gonna get my hopes up though... i read about many women not getting their BFP untill much further down the track but i assumed they may have got a very faint line earlier (like around 12DPO) and i didnt so i thought i would stop testing and just wait for AF... but if she doesnt show in 4 days i will retest that will mean i am 17DPO and surely it would show by then. The only other thing is maybe i didnt ovulate because i was only using the OPK's i cant be sure that it actually happened.

Will update when i know... thanks for your response

if you got a positive opk, then you would have definitely ovulated.

No, I never got any faint lines at all. Hoping it all goes well fir you!

~Jane~ Guest

ooo me thinks you could be getting good news in a few days. Those pee sticks are annoying though, I always try and wait until I am overdue because you need to wait for the levels to be high enough to detect.

goodluck

12bliss Guest

I agree i absolutely HATE pregnancy tests! I really just want AF to show (or a positive HPT) BUT this waiting is driving me nuts... there is no use me going and getting anymore HPTS until i am late (which could be tomorrow or a few days longer). but being on the clomid would mean that if i O'd 13 days ago then i would be due for AF tomorrow or at the latest 16DPO wouldnt it? I am convinced that im not preg because i have NO symptoms all all except the slightly tender breasts.....

grrr i hate this waiting game... its no FUN!

thanks for your replies

I am currently on my 5th cycle of clomid and for me AF has always come on 14DPO. I hope you get a within the next couple of days.