Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception#3 - April 07

Hi Ladies

Sonya - Im so sorry to hear the body is playing like it should! But dont give up yet, i have my fingers crossed for you!

BW - Yay to the PJ's i wish!

Ellie- Congrats on the results

Loula - Hope you are doing ok hun.. if you ever need a shoulder!

To everyone else good luck and fingers crossed..

Things here are good Af has just left us... Yipee and now we wait until thurs to see if this double dose is working. The side affects definatelly are! Thurs will also be the end of our 2 week sabatical after the lap.. and dh can't wait. hehe. That's one thing that i've never heard mentioned in here.. the BDing .. it goes from being scheduled and drs telling when to and to just do it all the time.. and then with IVF lots of abstinance.. frustrating! Oh well ignore my rant..

Went shopping today for my new neice who should be arriving in the next 2 weeks.. and am now ultra clucky.. but it was fun.

S

Hi all,
    Horray Ellie on your good bloods. Is it monitoring how your hormones are building up on their own to support a pg???? Sounds promising. hope you enjoyed yourself yesterday.
    Sonya, darn that stubborn body of yours... I hope you do get a response in the next couple of days so you can keep on going. We are thinking of you!
    Lou, hope you are going ok... are you in pain? I am thinking of you and hope next week is a positive one with lots of good results.
    Shannon. lol at the BDing. You will have to make it special after such a wait And yes you are right, in this thread we dont really talk about it much 'cause for a lot of us it doesnt really effect the conception side of things, it is just for sport! hehe.
    BW, Summer, I know what you mean about being told to stop stressing, my husband does it all the time. He just doesnt understand at all, as much as he tries. I cant just switch it off! It is infuriating because I want him to tell me all the reasons why it is going to be ok not jut tell me "dont worry" "stop stressing" "you will make yourself ill" (referring to my mental state in the past). Ok, I'll just stop that shall I?

Me Had transfer today and all went well. We have 2 day 4 blasts traveling aboard the mother ship and another two ready to freeze monday. BW I got all the info today regarding compacting embryos and apparently it is a good thing and you want that to be happening because that is what they do just before they are "hatching blasts". If they dont compact they will not get to the next stage and will not be viable. We had two like that left after transfer but the other 5 havent done that yet. If they havent caught up and done that by monday (freeze time) they will be deemed useless and discarded (!) I hope I dont need them!
    I was pleased they did transfer with an ultrasound too so we could see the blob of embryos and fluid left in the uterus as the catheter was removed and are sure they are actually in there!
    Question time now... when do they "Stick" is it day 5-9 somewhere? When should I start testing? The clinic says dont do it at all as it wont be true but girls on here do... when can I track the drugs fading out and my hormones kicking in when I have had day 4 transfer, not IUI and crinone up till the day I have my BT? I havent heard from anyone in my position I dont think. Help, I am a nervous wreck already
    Hi to everyone else
    Sazz

Sonya Hun - anger like thiat is an emotion i can totally relate to - my body has done the exact same thing - TWICE! it's not an easy thing to deal with - i went through the guilt and hatred of my body too, the feeling of letting myself and my DH down by not responding - and being so overwhelmed by it all that i just wanted to throw in the towel - there's nothing i can say that will magically make it ok, but i do want to join BW in saying that it's great they are monitoring you so closely - my FS admitted there are times when people don't respond well and can end up on injectables for several weeks while they're being monitored so that they get an appropriate response - so there's still hope. i really hope they give you some answers this week and can work out a plan to move forward. my email addy is in my profile if you want to chat off the forums - i'm a pretty good listener (and have been through it fairly recently, so i can completely relate) - good luck sweetie

BW - yay for the PJ day! i kicked around in my PJ's til around half four, then umped int he shower and ended up in trackies and a singlet - barely a change! i figured you were kidding earlier - i just had to jump in and rescue the kidlets from each other so didn't really have much more time online today!

to everyone else a big hi - was going to do more personals, but was in the middle of typing this and one of our neighbours turned up (rather drunk) deciding it was time to have drinks with bro and DH - yay - finally get bro's kids to sleep so we can have a quiet night, and noisy neighbour turns up!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr (i'm so glad i bought the full West Wing series seeing i'm now going to miss the final ep!! not happy!!)

Hi Ladies,

I haven't posted for about 6ths I just needed some time away for a while, so I hope you don't mind if I join in here? I was posting in the 6mth + thread before but considering that we are fast approching the 2yr ttc mark I thought I might feel more comfortable posting here.

I'm off to catch up on as much as my brain can handle

ickimum Guest

Default supplements to support IVF

Is anyone taking any alternative or health supplements to support your health though IVF treatments.........I've come across a supplement called Ovulex and just wondered if its worth a try??
    I have done years of natrual and alternative therapies, and although I felt great on these obviously nothing has assisted that egg and sperm to do the dance .....So I just wondered if anyone has any suggestions or reflections??
    Hugs

Hi all, feeling a little better today iam viewing the clean out for Tuesday as a great way to get rid of any toxins for my TF on thursday, just wish it wasnt all so close together, its almost 24hrs from each other thats why im a little stressed.

I am really worried though, the last thing i want one day b4 tf is to find out something that will push back out TTC again.

Does anyone thhink that the proceedures so close together will do anything?

sorry for the lack of personels

Ickimum i try every thing alternitive i am seeing Antonia Rudal

lou, is it worth contacting your clinic and asking them what they think about having the tf so soon after other procedure - they'd be the best judge of whether it would have an impact or not? i know you don't want to delay the tf at all, but i'm guessing you don't want to have anything that happens that will reduce the risk of the embie sticking...

good luck - and glad you're feeling better hun!

Rachm, you have been missed! Welcome back. I hope the break has done you good. You should find a few familiar faces still around, too.

Ickimum, I don't think it's a good idea to take much stuff with IVF. I keep going with the acupuncture treatments, but I cut out all the other supplements I take and only take the prescription meds that I can't be without. There's even some of the prescription meds that I need that I can't have, so I assume that taking anything without it first being cleared by your FS is a bad idea.

Lou, I hope the colonoscopy goes fine and doesn't get in the way of the transfer. Here's hoping for good results all round for you.

BW

ickimum Guest

Ovulex has some huge claims, so I am always a bit cautious. I've done everything in my day from herbal, to all the wacky therapies you can think of........10 years is a lot of time to play with these things. I have to import them from the USA, and they are a bit pricey(not bank breaking though) I might give it a go while I am waiting for the FS to start us off..........ya never never know ;O) But I am level headed about it,
    Hugs Nickimum

When i spoke to the clinic they seem to think that it will be ok as its a very standard proceedure and its really only up to how i feel.

They will be thawing our 9 embies at monash on Tuesday afternoon, prob while im asleep in op! so hopfully i will get good results on Wednesday for tf Thursday if all nine grow to blastie then we will refreeze the remaining. i already had two pg from this batch of eggies but before i had my tubal op, so hoping that they will stick, stick, stick by the weekend.

Thanks BW, it's nice to be back. I have missed the support.

thanx girls for your support and encouragement. i am just going to wait and see what is happening on my ultrasound tomorrow morning and then take it from there. hopefully there is something happining in my ovaries RIGHT NOW and things will be looking up. i am just a bit selfish because i have only had my tubes tied and thought this would be fairly manageable, compared to you strong women who have a variety of complications. It just goes to show, no matter what your situation, IVF is a frustrating and emotionally demanding time. today would have been my EPU if puregon had worked as last friday 13 should have been my original transfer if AF was on time and body had reacted to Synarel i just hope this cycle isnt cancelled for some reason.

oh well enough sooking about me. Ellie- everything sounds great for you!!
    sazzafrazz- sticky vibes for you honey, congrats on the transfer
    rachm - welcome back, i'm new but sure we will chat soon.
    BG - THANKYOU so much for the offer of personal support. this is why i joined BB because the one girl i know that has done IVF got OHSS after 5 days of treatment but had transfer 1 month later and now has beautiful twin girls. so chatting to peo0ple with experience, both physically and emotionally is so helpful (though i wish none of us had to go through these things!)

Oh well positive thoughts for today. MIL cooking roast chook lunch, will have to let her know what going on without crying. might just say i having scan tomorrow to see where im at. dont feel like actually speaking the words of NOT RESPONDING at the mo. but good side is no dishes, no cooking and getting out of the house and driving somewhere apart from the clinic. YAY!

HAPPY THOUGHTS HAPPY THOUGHTS HAPPY THOUGHTS!!!

have a good sunday girls and will chat again tomorrow.....(if i can keep myself away from here, SOOOO addicted!!!)

hehehe on the addiction to BB - i think we all have that same addiction! enjoy the roast lunch, and just tell MIL you're being monitored closely - an easy and very non-committal response!!

RachM - welcome back - really hoping the break has helped you out - i wasn't around in the past to get to know you, so looking forward to getting to know you now!

Lou - really hoping the rest of your embies are just as strong as the earlier ones - and that the tubal op has done the trick in getting you ready for an even stickier embie this time round!

Rachm - welcome back, i was wondering where you dissapeared to, hope the break has done you good.

Loula - sounds like you've got a big week ahead of you. Goodluck, hope everything turns out well.

Sonya - goodluck with your scan today, hope its all good news.

Hope everyone else is doing well, i will try to come back later and catch up with you all.

Hi everyone,
    Just a quick one today. Has anyone else ever done their injections in their thigh? My nurse said i could do tummy, thigh or bum - whichever i preferred. So, jab one and two went in the tummy on either side. Then DH suggested my thigh might hurt less (not that the tummy hurt that much).
    So this morning i jabbed my thigh, pressed the button, counted to 5 and pulled it out. Not only did it bleed - aargh, but also some of the injection/liquid came back out - WTF???
    Needless to say i'll be back to the jabbing the tummy from now on, but has anyone else had the stuff come back out after you removed the needle? It wasn't just a drop - it seemed like quite a bit.

Hope everyone has a great day. Good luck with the ultrasound Sonya, and welcome back Rach.

Hi Ladies!!!!

Just a quick one - nothing much going on here!!!

I haven't been on for a while & there are too many personals to catch up on!!!!
    Congrats to Sazz on your great blasties!!! Heres hoping they stay nice & snuggled in where they are!!!
    To everyone else on the 2ww... good luck xxx
    Jo, in regards to the leaking of the pen after you have taken it out... this has happened to me a few times over my cycles, regardless of holding the pen in for a few seconds after injecting.
    I rang my clinic the first few times but they assured me it was fine, even if there was a little left over, you would have gotten the dose you were supposed too. Hope that helps

Boo - OMG you have just achieved the dream we all would love - falling by yourself whilst getting ready to start!!!
    Congratulations, you must be sooooo excited!!!
    This little one was meant to be here xxx

As for me - AF arrived mid last week... exactly 28 days again so good to see I'm back to consistency I guess!!! Not that we had a chance with BDing because of all of the dramas during ovulation anyway!!!
    Felt like crap this whole cycle with fluid, etc - and had to miss a few acupuncture appointments as she was sick (god you notice the difference without it!!) - so for the first time in a long time I was more than happy for AF to arrive!!!! (i had no doubt she was coming as a baby this month wasn't happening anyway!)

So - we are still plodding here... just about over my period of patience as far as doing it on our own goes!!!
    We are on our way to the soccer in Melbourne early June, and I have made an appointment to see Antonia Ruhl.... please please please anyone who has seen her I would LOVE to hear about your experiences with her.. I am very excited about seeing her!!!

Anyway gotta go - Hi to everyone I have missed & I'll pop back in soon when I have more time!!!

Holly
    xxx

Talking

hi girls.

well its not all doom and gloom. had my scan with dr mazz today. he looked concerned before scan and said 'not much going on hey sonya?' so i held my breath and tried to focus on not breaking down.

when he looked at right ovary there was nothing there. he said it looks like it fallen asleep... (at least something in my body getting a rest!) but great news! my left ovary has quite a few follies...

i didnt count how many coz i was just excited. i know they are all between 10mm and 14mm so i go back wednesday for scan and BT and hopefully will take my trigger home!!!! they asked if i wanted to take it home today, but i didnt want to jinx myself.

i know dr mazz was aiming for 8 follies and he said there is enough there so i am guessing there beween 6 and 9! i know i saw at least 6.

so even though in the beginning i was hoping for about 15 but after all the ups and downs i am so happy with what i have. i just hope they all have eggs and their strong little buggers!!!

do you girls know if this is a reasonable number? i knew something may have been happening coz in the last couple of days my tummy constantly achy and burning and i go to the loo every 15 minutes!! (well, it seems that often)

enough chatter. good luck everyone wherever you at... congrats to all the transfers and girls in the TWW.

Hi girls,
    Nice to see you again Holly, hope life has settled down a little now and you can get back to TTC.
    Kotare, I used to do trigger in my thigh and once had what seemed like a lot come out after. I was soooo worried being the trigger one and when I told nurses they kinda freaked me out but it made no difference to EPU at all. Must have got most of it in there!
    Sonya, Hooray for your follies! You must be so releived and excited that you did indeed have a response. I am not sure what the percentage is of follies having eggs in them but they would not be going through with the invasive, expensive procedure if they didnt think it worthwhile.... in my first cycle I had 6 picked up and they werent dissapointed with that so my guess is that you are doing fine!Keep going Sonya, you can do it!!!!!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast