Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - April 2007

i have been on synarel for 16 days now. i got hte odd headache and slight itchiness, but for the last 4 or 5 days i have had pretty bad headaches and wicked hot flushes and sweats! but to me its a small price to pay and my Codalgin(strong panadol) are brilliant at managing my headaches. DH does wonder why in the middle of the night when he is rugged up i am starkers with my arms and legs in a starfish position coz im too hot to sleep! this is why we women are chosen for the journey as i dont think DH could handle the side effects.
    i had a friend who had absolutely no side effects from lucrin.

Good luck!!!!

Because synarel and lucrin do the same thing, they have pretty much the same side effects. The list includes: headache, mood change, muscle pain, breast tenderness, hot flushes and nausea.

I found the synarel gave me more side effects and they were worse than with the lucrin. But, synarel is a nasal spray so is fairly convenient and easy. Lucrin is injected, so isn't all that convenient or quick to take. Synarel is twice a day, lucrin is once a day... there are advantages and disadvantages for both.

I know for me I'll go with the lucrin again every time. Part of that is because it actually worked while synarel didn't.

Hope that helps, Boo!

BW

Thanks for the info girls, the way the nurse spoke she made it sound like it would be our choice of which one i take. I'm not keen on needles but i'm not keen on putting stuff up my nose either, but a girls got to do what a girls got to do! Just thought one would be better than the other - i like the idea of only having it once a day with the lucrin. We'll ask more questions on Friday morning and see which one the nurse thinks would be best.
    I'm sure i'm going to bombarding you all with questions next week

i'd lean towards the synarel personally - as much as it's inconvenient having to take it twice daily, it's so easy to use! plus you'll get your fair share of needles once you make it to the puregon...!

i find it so easy to take the spray. it doesnt matter where i go i just pack it with me and if im in public i pop to the loo for a second. i went to dinner in the city on friday and just had it at the table and not a soul noticed. i didnt get to choose, my FS has ordered the synarel and then 100 puregon when my levels are low enough.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

My Dr is a Lucrin man and I must admit I am glad. I like the jab and forget aspect of it. I've known women who have forgotten their synarel, but not anyone who has forgotten their Lucrin. I would also worry about whether my sinuses playing up is blocking the effect of the synarel, whereas with a jab, you get all of it in.

Plus the needle is so fine I seriously wouldn't even feel it go in 90% of the time!

Sushee, I'm pretty sure that's what stopped the synarel working for me first time round. I'm always prone to sinus problems, and the synarel made it infinitely worse! I did really like the fact that I was always sure I'd got all the lucrin in, but could never tell if my constant congestion was stopping me from absorbing the synarel. When they said it was two squirts of synarel twice a day or lucrin, I jumped right on the lucrin!

BW

i guess we're all going to have different experiences depending on what our doctor has asked of us! i'm not stressed about needles, so if lucrin was what i was asked to have, i'd be fine with it - but because i've been using the synarel, i find the convenience factor very appealing!

it might be a completely different can of worms during winrer or early spring when my sinuses give me grief (i hate colds/heyfever!)

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I'm awful about anything going up my nose any time of the year! Lol! Poke me with a needle anyday but don't put anything up my nose!

ETA yeah BW, when I read you developed a follie on synarel, I figured that my fears weren't completely unfounded!

Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    the way the nurse spoke she made it sound like it would be our choice of which one i take.
    Wow Boo - i felt completely to opposite. I had learned about all the different options from BB ladies as well as my own research and bascially we got told what we were doing - no room for questions.

I have always had synarel and find it always works for me. The main side effects I get are HEADACHES!!! OMG!!! I am prone to them anyway but wowsers, I have had a bad time with them on synarel. I have only had the occasional hot flush, a slightly stuffy nose and no mood swings. I know I will get them on puregon though.... The only other side effect I get is AF is nastier than usual but I usually have a terrible time with her anyway so it wasnt too much of an inconveneince as I have to deal with that every month anyhow! If I had to have lucrin instead it wouldnt bother me, I can cope with needles pretty well. In fact, I always watch when they take my blood etc as I find it facinating.

Me... I rang the clinic and as always only got to leave a message. It was 2.30pm before they got back to me but hooray, my bloods were "perfect". I will be starting puregon tonight and the nurse said to do it around 5pm because some shifts I get home at 5.30pm and other shifts I start work at 5pm so anytime around 5-6pm is fine. WWhhheww! big weight off of my mind as I was wondering how I was going to manage that one.
    So, bloods on easter saturday which, thankfully the local clinic will be open so I wont have to do a 265km round trip for that one... but I will for scan and bloods on 13th april and if all goes to plan EPU on Monday 16th with blast transfer on Sat 21st.... We shall see. Hooray, everything is going according to plan so far. Big relief. Makes arranging work so much easier for me and DH. We will probably only have to take one day off and I can arrange my shifts around everything else.
    Well, off to fiddle with my pen and get that first dose happening. BG are you starting today too?

still waiting to hear Sazz - i found out about the puregon at about 7 at night, so i'm not too stressed. DH just got home from work and told me to give them a call - and of course, the phone is engaged!

ETA:- left a message - here's hoping they get back to me soon

sazzafrazz- thats great with you starting tonight!!!

when i FINALLY got through about 10 minutes ago i was told my levels are still 'a little' too high. so i go in next wednesday (11th) and have my puregon demo and take all my drugs home. then i will go in the following wednesday for my follow up blood test.

gawd i hope my body reacts to the puregon better than it has to synarel. oh well at least i have a definate starting date now and wont have any 2 hour round trips at the moment to the clinic and back. so i am going to pig out on choccy over easter to make up for no alcohol and no caffeine!! i would KILL for a cappuccino right now. oh well better have a tea and honey instead.

gotta hate that sonya - i didn't respond exactly as they expected first time on synarel and my progress was delayed, but luckily only a couple of days

at least you have the start date now...

woo hoo - i have a green light!!! starting puregon injections tomorrow night with next blood test next wednesday - fingers crossed i actually have a response this time round!!

BG -thats great!!! its good to hear good news from other people!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

Just wanted to quickly pop in & say g'day! (haven't been around much, horrible m/s but trying not to complain, not after all this time of ttc).

Hope everyone is doing well.

Boo - not long to go now hun.

Bw - congratulations on 15, good luck.

To everyone else have a safe & happy easter break.

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 34
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    Second chlomid / IUI March 2007-

Hi ladies well im offically back to join you all. AF arrived today and boy oh boy im so pleases!! i call my nuese today but couldnt get to speak to her, but she did leave a message to say that she has NO notes for me (gotta hate that) i will call her beck tomorrow but just cant remember if i should be taking my meds today or tomorrow!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHH..

Cant wait to catch up with every one over the next few days and if your away for Easter have a safe and happy one

xx

BW- Fantastic news hun xx

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast