Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - April 2007

Loula- Great to hear that you are starting your next cycle. Goodluck!!!
    BG & Sazza- Yay for starting the puregon. That's great that you'll both be basically at the same stage.
    Sonya-Great to hear that you'll be starting soon also!

Thank carrie - im hoping i will be able to catch up with all of you soon
    xx

Hi Ladies
    Just thought i would say hi -
    We are just playing the waiting game at the moment booked in for a lap next Thurs and then we double the dose of Clomid and try our FET cycle again.. i think it is going to be a long time until AF arrives though so we will just keep playing the waiting game!

Good Luck to everyone!!

S

Got my daily update call from the clinic... All 15 embies are still hanging in there! We do have around 4 that are going a bit slow that we are told may catch up, or may not go any further, and 6 that are fragmented. The good news is that the two groups (slow and fragmented) are the same embies, so we've not wiped out a whole 10 embies there. There's a good half dozen embies that are going fantastically! I was also told that the fragmentation won't be a problem if they get to blast.

I'll be happy if we get 4-5 good blasts in the freezer from this. Even though I know a lot can change between here and Saturday, it looks like we're well on track for that.

It's so good to know that even though I can't ovulate on my own, and DH has completely crap sperm, that once the technology is in place to counteract those problems it seems that we've got some damn good genetic material between us!

So... a quick little happy dance from me, before I realise that I'm still REALLY hurting and need to continue resting.

BW

Hi Shannon- Hope the Lap goes well next week and AF does what she's supposed to for you!

BW- Great news! Did you find out what fragmented means?? LOL with the crap sperm and not Oing, DH and I are the same, but when we finally got the egg and sperm together they did fantastic work with our little girl!!
    Got a letter from MIVF saying that we have 4 snowbubs!! YAY! Last time around we got none so I'm really happy with that! BT is set for next friday morning 9am.

Hip horray for all the positive vibes happening in the last couple of days!
    Yay for Carrie and her snow bubs
    Yay for Loula starting again
    Yay for Sonya catching up to BG and me
    Yay for BG starting puregon today
    and Yay for me with my puregon too!!! It is so nice to see action in here as we all feel we spend so much time sitting around waiting.
    My first injection went fine and hardly hurt. I love the pen, it takes all the worry out of it. I did get a small bruise and I hope I dont get one everytime or I will be a different colour by the time we get to EPU. hehe just call me smurf if that happens. If my calculations are correct we will have blast transfer on the 21st april. That still seems so far away but since we have waited from October, when we first made out FS appointment, until now, that time will fly in comparison.
    I have to work every day/or night over easter except for sunday which is Dh birthday so I may not get on here much as we are also painting kitchen and loo and passage (maybe). Hope everyone has a safe and happy easter!
    Hugs from Sazz

woo hoo little smurf!! we're painting our house at the moment too - right through! not sue yet if our spare time this weekend will be spent painting or planting spring bulbs - either way, i'll be achieving something! yay. shame you have to work over easter hun! i guess some places can't close down can they?

and i agree - this thread seems to have had a flood of good news lately - it is definitely helping when i feel a little low!!! here's hoping we get another rush of BFP's soon (fingers crossed for the girls in the TWW!)

BG, your blood test is the same day as our wedding anniversary. It will be nine years for us (eek!), but I'm really hoping the day brings you some good news, too. We chose Easter Saturday to get married, and that would have been the day of transfer if I hadn't hyperstimulated, but it will be the day the snow bubs get put to bed. I really hope this special time of year for us gives the rest of you some luck, too.

Sazz, it's great to see people in here so positive! It really rubs off on others and does lift people when they are feeling down, so lets keep spreading the joy! If it's any comfort to you, I got a bruise from my first puregon injection, but then didn't get another until my trigger shot... and the bruise from my trigger shot is a whole different story! Just be careful as you inject! I think it happened with the first because I was nervous and excited and shaking a little, but usually the first is the worst and after that everything goes fine.

Carrie, congratulations on the snow bubs! I'll be praying I can do as well as you! Are they blasts?

BW

Sazza- I'm glad the 1st injection went well. I also got a bruise on my first one but not after (i think I was a bit nervous too!). I hope the time goes quick for you til trigger. Have a great day on your one day off (poor thing!)
    BW- Thanks! I'm sure you'll do really well with the amount you have. Plus, no, mine didn't go to blast as far as I know (they would have told me I'm sure!)
    BG- Your first dose tonight yeah?

I was just thinking...I have my BT Friday week (2 weeks from transfer), wouldn't it make more sense to have it 2 weeks from OPU, as this is the O day?
    Ok, I'm really bad at waiting. What do you guys think of doing a HPT? Do you think it would be effected by any of the IVF drugs? I did one (well lots) last time in the tww and got a positive (which was correct), but wasn't on crinone then (had the injections).

Carrie - great minds think alike!! I'm on the Thur and was wondering exactly the same..we do need to sus out the trigger...hope you are doing great, any twinges? I've never been pg not not sure if I 'should' be experiencing anything at this stage? whooo hooo for your snowbubs, nice to see it in the form of a letter, I was even paranoid about them accidently telling me the incorrect amount

Fantastic stuff Briggs and Sazza!!!! You go girls, you are on our tails!! Hopefully you escape the bruises

Hi Loula, BW, Shannon to everyone else

Hi Smudge - Hehe, I'm sure I'll be HPTing it's just a matter of when. I have a 'Discover' one sitting in the cupboard that I can use 5 days before a missed period.
    When I was pg after my first ICSI I didn't really have any early symptoms. ATM my bbs are a bit sore but the crinone can do that. I'm really not a fan of the crinone, I'd prefer an injection!
    Smudge, I was thinking of messaging you today as you havn't been around for a while - how are you coping?

Carrie, all I know is that the crinone won't give a false positive. I believe the injections are HCG boosters? So they may give false positives. I just can't remember how long it takes for the HCG in the trigger shot to clear your system... a week?

BW

Thanks Carrie. Yeah we are doing really well actually! We've been calm and just going about our normal stuff this week..but I can feel myself getting a little unsettled as we get closer..this time next week we will know.
    I have found the crinone to be fuss free, no drama with side effects or leakage or discharge etc. Like you I had noticed sleep to be a disturbance, but not with nightmares. Are you still having them? Personal reactions to meds are so extreme aren't they.
    I was really happy with the synarel too, I was dreading it and the fact a friend called it psycho spray had me really paranoid! I was onto my second bottle of the stuff and my sniffs were all in the same nostril, no worries. I reckon I had hot flushes the first few days and that was it.

How are you travelling? Apart from the crinone you poor chook :hugs: Hopefully it'll prove all worth while next week. Is your DH getting anxious? As for the HPT, I don't have any in the house *yet*...would you recommend the discover? We had a negative experience with a round of clomid and testing...had a faint line etc and BT was neg..it was in a hot pink box, can't remember the name of it. Anyway, bit wary on the ol tests! Having said that I don't want to hear our result from a nurse while at work either...

Take care

Thanks BW - I'll hold out as long as I can!
    Smudge- Glad to hear you're doing good. Hmm your experience with the HPT would be bound to make you think twice before doing it again! Discover I think is quite good.
    I've been sleeping okay now, but still a bit disturbed, no nightmares though.
    You're lucky you've had no side effects of the crinone. I'm prone to thrush, and the crinone has given me that and - TMI alert, I feel like I'm totally clogged up with the stuff, ewwww.
    Last edited by Carrie; April 5th, 2007 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Adding comments for smudge

Smudge, I had a bad experience with a HPT in a bright pink box - pregnosis, I think. They say false positives can't happen... but they well and truly do!

Stay strong, Carrie! Although, I can't imagine not testing before the blood test, it would be best to wait as long as possible.

BW

Yes - that was the one! Evil. I reckon our cat could have got a bfp with those tests

hehehe... I have lost count of how many times I have stuck an hpt under DH's nose and gone "there's a line there isn't there? tell me it's a line!!"

I'm feeling really, really scared this morning. I think this OHSS is getting way worse than I thought. I've gained 5kg since my collection, my belly is so bloated it hurts - right up to my rib cage! I can't bend over because my belly gets in the way, I can't stretch out straight because the skin has no more stretch. And worst of all, I'm now feeling very short of breath... it's not that I'm struggling to breathe, I just feel like I've done some light exercise and I'm slightly puffed. The pain is no longer in my ovaries, it's everywhere inside.

I had really wanted to go to church this morning. DH is down there now doing sound. I'm just going to sit quietly with my powerade for a couple of hours until he gets home... then if I haven't heard from the clinic about my embryos (they always check on me at the same time - and today I will NOT minimise how I'm feeling like I did yesterday) I'll get him to call the emergency number the clinic gave us after the collection. I know something is very, very wrong here... I guess it's just a question of how bad it has actually got.

BW

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast