thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    May 2009
    Brisbane
    3,105

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Rai, I highly recommend trying acupuncture! The best time to start is 4 months before the IVF to maximise egg quality (and 3 months before if you want to send your hubby to maximise sperm quality!)!! I'd also start taking 600mg of CoQ10 now for egg quality too. Oh, and contradicting PGTC, I would NOT take vitex to prepare for IVF without a naturopath or TCM practitioner supervising the use. I tried it briefly (on the recommendation of my acupuncturist) and had unpleasant side effects. I don't think it agreed with my body...

    3rdTL, glad to hear today's test was so much clearer! Congrats! FX for great numbers when you get your b/t!!

    PositivelyGTC, when I got the BFP with DD (via IVF), I was super bloated until 10wks. It disappeared a few days after trigger, but came back around 10dpo... I needed maternity pants right from the beginning...

  2. #2
    Registered User

    May 2009
    Melbourne
    272

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    TTL, congratulations!! Wonderful news. Wishing you HnH 9 months.

    1more, seconding jupiter's advice re acupuncture. I also take Chinese herbs as does DH. Statistics are behind acupuncture in relation to IVF success rates too. They are doing a further study on it at MIVF.

    PosGTC, keeping fingers crossed for your cycle.

    WW

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Aug 2013
    Perth
    202

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    1more - agree with Juniper and WW re the Acupuncture. I go every week when im not cycling and when I am I go on the therapists advised days. I love it, its amazing for stress. I have been going for over 2 years now and I know I haven't yet got my BFP but my health has improved and I'm happier for it too.

    Your Acupunturist will be able to prescribe Chinese herbs to assist with your specific needs. GL

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Dec 2011
    WA
    444

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    1 more congratulations on making your decision to go with IVF! I don't think you'll regret it and hopefully you'll get your bfp much quicker than IUI. Good luck with changing your diet and losing some weight, I'm sure you'll be successful because you have great motivation!

    Positively, id love to catch up! I live 3 minutes from Subi, does next week suit? I will try and PM you today, if it doesn't work are you happy to send me your email address?

    I agree with Juniper re the Vitex, I wouldn't take it unless your FS agrees. My natropath recommended I take it when I was leading up to my fresh cycle and my FS said not to take it? I didn't ever ask why to be honest - but I would definitely check before starting! I also agree with Junipers recommendations on what to take to maximize egg quality! The CoQ10 I reckon worked wonders for my egg quality (so far both embryo's transferred from that cycle have resulted in bfp's the first time! And I also credit it with getting 17 eggs and 12 fertilizing). Anything you can do to maximize the number of eggs collected and their quality is a brilliant idea....

    Positively I am the opposite to Juniper on the bloating front.. With the twins I had no bloating because it was a natural FET, eg I didn't need to trigger as I ovulated by myself (but I didn't take Clomid on that cycle either). This cycle - uuuuugggghhhh - the bloat happened almost immediately after I did the trigger... It started to disappear almost exactly the same time as I tested the trigger out of my system. So I look pretty normal now compared to the pot belly and muffin tops I had for a week straight after the trigger I honestly looked 6 months pg for the week after the trigger, but as soon as the trigger disappeared from my system the bloating eased (thankfully). Everyone is different - so don't be concerned if the bloating goes away, it doesn't mean your not pg or you won't get your bfp (I know you'll be watching for symptoms like a hawk) - and I know everyone is different with symptoms eg: some people get them and some people don't... But for me in both of my bfp cycles - sore boobies, like way spree than just the progesterone from about 3dpt on (this may be slightly later for you because you are having a day 3 and not day 5 transfer), pulling on front left side and sore lower back - both similar to ov or AF pain. I reckon those are the 3 main symptoms to watch for!

    Joski - I so hope your BT reveals more about what is going on At least then you'll know whether you ovulated or whether it was an anovulatory cycle? If it wad the latter, try not to be disappointed - my FS always said that the cycle after an anovulatory cycle, was always a really good one? Fingers crossed for you this is the case!

    WW it's nice to see you!

    1 more I forgot to say - if your accu recommends you start taking any herbs - make sure you check with your FS before you start taking anything! My FS and actually, my whole clinic advise you not to take any Chinese herbs while IVF cycling. Apparently some of the herbs can impact the way your body responds to the meds in a collection cycle? And actually I wanted to use herbs when I was doing my FET (the twins cycle) and my FS said no as well as apparently the herbs can impact the temperature of your uterus (which needs to be just so - so that the embie can implant). I did accu the whole way through though and it was awesome. With the twins I was such a believer that I actually did an accu session ore transfer and one straight after! Hahahaha - this cycle no accu and I still got a bfp, so obviously it wasn't critical in my case

    Hope everyone has a great day! I've decided not to test again before the BT, I was really happy with yesterday's line, so I dont see any point in doing my own head in over the darkness of the line (thank you gorgeous myturn for helping me see reason on this matter). I'm feeling really good about the result and strangely I generally worry about getting a bfp, but I don't worry so much about it sticking (probably because I haven't really had any issues in this area before), both of the mc I suffered were due to genetic abnormalities - so if I have a mc I know it's probably for the best because of a genetic abnormality. Hoping for an hcg level of above 100 tomorrow. I get that then I will be able to relax a whole heap more! What is everyone doing for Easter? We are going East and I'm really looking forward to it now.

    Xx

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Aug 2013
    Perth
    202

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Happy Hump day Ladies

    TTL - I am off next week decided to take the week off and make the most of the Easter break and it works well with having the transfer on Saturday. So I wont be in Subi however I will see how next week goes and try to arrange a catch up either Wednesday or Thursday. I will pm you my email address, hopefully you get it. Thanks too for the info on the symptoms I feel better armed to detect anything if as you say I am one who has any symptoms at all. Can you take the CoQ10 whilst you are undergoing treatment or is it to be used only for the months you are taking a break? I bet tomorrow can't come quick for you....so exciting!!

    Joski - thinking of you, hope you get some good news however if you haven;t O this cycle hopefully next month is a great cycle and you get the BFP

    Well Ladies wishing you all a really lovely day, love & light x

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Dec 2011
    WA
    444

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    My FS to,d me to take the CoQ10 for three months leading up to my egg collection cycle, to improve the number and quality of the eggs retrieved. I stopped taking it the night before collection... Your not supposed to take it when pg I don't think?

    Probably no benefit in using it leadingup to a FET as it is used to improve egg quality and the quanity of eggs retrieved in a fresh stim cycle? Also they say there is no point using it - unless your on it for the 3 months leading into your stim. So good timing for you 1 more, positively you would prob have wanted to use it before your egg collection. Hopefully you won't need to do another stim cycle to get your bfp (sorry I don't know how many embies you have in the freezer? Or how many you had collected and fertilized)? but if you had to do another stim cycle, then I reckon it's worth taking for 3 months before cycling again - especially if you wanted to increase your numbers and quality. I figure IvF is so expensive, 3 waiting 3 months is worth it if it saves you time in the long run and you can do less stim cycles to get your bfp.

    X

  7. #7
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Oct 2012
    BrisVegas
    273

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    TTL - fx crossed for you - hope you get some great numbers on your bt.

    my FS said the levels are rising (yipee!!) next bt is tomorrow.

  8. #8
    Registered User

    Jan 2011
    Brisbane
    57

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Just wanted to say hi! I'm new in here - we've been seriously trying for no.2 for almost 18mo but no sucess yet :/

    Thanks for the link Juniper!

  9. #9
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Dec 2008
    Melbourne, VIC
    4,637

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Yay Joski!!! Awesome news O is finally here, GL now with this cycle!

    Positively, how are you hun? Been thinking of you, hope all is as well as can be, just wanted to send you a big squeashy hug xx

    twollamas, I'm sorry it's been taking ages to fall pg with number 2, I hope it's not a long wait for you now

    Hello to every one in here

    AFM, I had some serious O pain yesterday, I had to take some pain killers as the pain on the left was that bad. I get so depressed when I have this kind of pain . I always wonder what my chances of catching that egg would be if I was with someone who didn't have severe male infertility. This may sound weird and I hope it doesn't offend anyone, but sometimes I dream of just jumping some guy's bones without OH knowing and seeing if I could get pg without doing this IVF crap lol. Seriously, I would never do it, but I sometimes wonder what it would be like to not have to worry about the other person's 'infertility'. Humf, having one of those days