Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - February 2007

tiggy Guest

Default Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - February 2007

Hi girls,

New month and a new beginning! Here's to many BFPs this month! Remember, every new cycle is a chance at achieving your dream...

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows
    Sarah_H - [email protected]
    Cailin - [email protected]
    sushee - [email protected]
    tiggy - [email protected]

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Willow, sending you lots and lots of vibes and wishing you every success when your blood test comes around.

BW

Alex Guest

Hi again Willow,

try and stay positive over the weekend. If I were you I'd call your clinic on Monday and ask them for an earlier BT. I had mine moved forward and it was no problem.

Sending you more

Good Luck Willow, keeping everything crossed for you.
    I know exactly what you are going through at the moment and I feel like I am going crazy. I am so tempted to go and buy a HPT. I have done a natural FET cycle so I know I don't need to worry about false results because of meds so it's very tempting.
    My BT is on Monday (12 DPT) and I had awful cramping for most of yesterday so I was going to the loo every half an hour to check as well! Feeling much better today, no AF, no cramping and my temp is still high.
    Normally I have a 26-28 day cycle and I am currently on day 31 and trying not to get my hopes up but stay positive at the same time. Not an easy task.

I'm actually surprised by how calm I feel about actually being at the start of an IVF cycle now... but I guess I'm going to be a complete mess when we get to that end of the cycle. Having never really gone through a TWW before (apart from when my body has pretended to ovulate), it's going to be a whole new experience for me.

I'm sending lots and lots of vibes to you as well, Megan.

Just a quick question... is there any point to resuming temperature charting right now, or is it best if I just leave it all up to the clinic's blood tests and scans and stuff?

BW

BW, I didn't chart through most of my cycle and just left it up to the BT's. I found the whole thing daunting enough and enjoyed not having to worry about taking my temp at the same time each day. During this FET cycle I have just been taking my temp for the last 5 or so days, as it's always quite consistent and will give me the heads up if AF is going to arrive.
    Personally, I wouldn't worry about it as it can just add to your stress levels!!

The Westmead clinic (which is where I have my b/tests done) is open this morning - do you think I would be able to move my b/t to monday, 2 days earlier (this would make me 14 days post epu)? I might ring them and ask.

I need to end this torture soon!

BW, I agree, I wouldn't temp. You'll have enough to worry about so I wouldn't add any unecessary stress to the equation.

**ETA: The nurses called me back. B/test moved to Tuesday morning. They thought Monday was too early. Am happy with that, one day less is better than nothing.
    Last edited by Willow; February 10th, 2007 at 09:27 AM.

Yep, I would definitely ring them Willow. By BT was originally Tuesday and I managed to get it moved to Monday and last cycle I went in 2 days early as well.
    It definitely can't hurt to ask and you should get an accurate result being 14d post EPU.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Willow,

I'm going to play devil's advocate by telling you that your trigger shot will not affect the results of a HPT at this point. If all you've had is progesterone, and not pregnyl injections, you can POAS and expect an relatively accurate result.

Megan, I have so many for you, it's not funny! I'll be hanging out for your results on Monday.

I think we need fingers and toes crossed for you Willow and Megan. I hope next week brings you everything that you have dreamed off.

Summer, your appointment is so close now!

ugh! I'm really haing the synarel headaches right now - add them to lack of sleep and I'm not a happy person!

BW

Hi ladies,

SJ - big welcome to you!

Boo - so happy for you that you finally have a start date, lets hope in the end you wont actually need it.

Taffylou - Dh just don't get it sometimes do they! Like it's hard enough to fall pg let alone try & time the month you want them born!!!

Shaz - hope the rest of the 2ww goes quickly for you.

Kim - sorry to hear you feel so alone, I too had started to isolate myself just so I didn't have to lie to people but that actually wasn't very good for me.
    I have just recently told my work & the wait that has been lifted off me has been so great, I must admit I was embarassed too at first but I am just so over it all.
    I just want a little bubba & I don't care what anyone else thinks because they have no idea what it's like, as long as Dh & I are ok that's all that matters.

Willow & Megan - I have everything possible crossed for you.

Hi to everyone else.

As for me I have just hit first week post IUI & feeling really anxious.
    I have had a niggly type feeling in tummy (hard to explain) everyday since IUI, felt yesterday that I might even get af which is obviously impossible this early, I have also had heaps of cm and then Dh last night said my nipples looked bigger (which is kinda of weird of him to say) but I have promised myself not to get excited because I know that I am probably not pg & I don't want another dissappointment.
    Oh well time will tell.

Jo - 27
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    this will be the year!
    Last edited by DJTTC; February 10th, 2007 at 12:10 PM.

Now people beware of Sush - she is the POAS QUEEN! She will have you peeing on a stick every day of the year

Went shopping this morning and couldn't help myself. I bought a HPT. All the way home I was telling myself I wasn't going to use it so I put in straight in the cupboard.
    Well, it didn't stay there long.
    Would anyone like to know the result?? lol

Megan - how can you hold us hostage like that?
    Of course we want to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jo

LOL, sorry Jo. Couldn't help myself!!!

It's a BFP!

I think I'm still in shock.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am so extremely happy for you, you have waited sooooooooooo long for this & I know you will be a fantastic mum.
    I am sitting here with tears running down my face, they are such tears of happiness.
    Did you have any inkling this month.
    Jo

YAY Megan!!!

BW

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast