Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Jan/Feb 2007

tiggy Guest

Default Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Jan/Feb 2007

Hi girls,

New month and a new beginning! Here's to many BFPs this month! Remember, every new cycle is a chance at achieving your dream...

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows
    Sarah_H - [email protected]
    Cailin - [email protected]
    sushee - [email protected]
    tiggy - [email protected]

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Last edited by sushee; February 9th, 2007 at 11:25 AM.

Alex Guest

Hi everyone,

WOW! So may posts on the old thread! I can't keep up, but it's great that we are all so active.

I'm also O neg blood, but am afraid I can't shed any light on this. So far in our long struggle to get pg I haven't managed it once, so so far it hasn't been something to think about.

2 weeks off work is great, especially as it's nice and sunny outside.

BW, I hope you are OK, I'm glad that you've been able to tell your principle at work, and it's good that your classes this year are going to be better. I am in Marketing so it's easier for me to take time off. But at least now you have the use of someone's office if you need it which is something.

Loula - no bookcase! But clothes and shoes are far better in my opinion! I also did a little bit of secret shopping yesterday, not much, just a pair of casual pants as I'm sick of being in jeans, but it boosted my spirits! what's even better is that I've been putting any loose change into a jar in the kitchen cupboard which my DH is totally oblivious about, this morning I tallied it all up and I've got over $100 - so I'm going to change it into notes at the bank. which means my new trousers were almost free, as the money is hidden away and I always forget about it!

RW - so sorry to hear about your BFN, it's so unfair. I am always so positive after a transfer, which doesn't seem to make any difference. I think it's like buying a lottery ticket, you chose the numbers, and you're convinced that you have the winning combination, in fact, you know you do because you've done everything right. Then, the day the numbers are out (the day of the blood test), one of them goes wrong and I am always left feeling confused. How can it happen????? I do not understand why our bodies don't respond the way they are supposed to. Or how long we are supposed to keep trying? The stats seem pretty straight forward, at my age, 3 transfers and you should be pg, or is it 3 stimulated cycles??? and how do they work that out when sometimes you can have 6 embies to transfer and sometimes only 1??

Who is eating the yummy cheese?! I have some goats cheese in my fridge so I'm off to put some lunch together.

Lots of positive and sticky vibes to everyone

Default OMG, OMG....

Girls, I am so excited I can hardly type, I am bawling my eyes out!!

I had my epu yesterday and when I woke up I had written on my hand....

14 EGGS

I kept checking it and checking it to make sure that I had seen it correctly! I was just ecstatic! I still don't know how it happened after only seeing 8 follies but there you have it. Felt really terrible yesterday afternoon, which I wasn't really prepared for, but feeling much better today.

AND IT GETS BETTER!!

I just got a phone call from the lab to say that ALL 14 HAVE FERTILISED!

I am just beside myself, I never dreamed of such a great result!

Now we just have to hope they keep going strong and we have a nice healthy embie to transfer tomorrow.

After such a rough start, I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for helping me get through this.

I know we have a ways to go yet, but I am just soooo happy things are going so well so far :biggrin:

woohoo Willow. What a fantastic result....here's to them being the stickiest embies ever!!!

Alex Guest

Willow, that's amazing! I am so pleased for you Sending you lots of for tomorrow.

I hope you are feeling better today, try and relax and think positive thoughts for your little embies!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Yayayayay Willow! What a fabbo result! You deserve it hunny, after all the problems when you started! Soooo excited and happy for you!

Willow thats a fantastic result. Well done - sending you lots of positive vibes for tomorrow!

whoo hoo Willow!!! fingers crossed!

dream bub Guest

Willow- Great result, even better at 100% fertilisation. Are you have a day 2 transfer or Blastocyst (day5)?? I am going to be just behond you as my EPU is on Friday.

On another note I have been doing a great deal of research on immunology and IVF,as a result of my FS's intention to put me on Aspirin and Steriods after the EPU. Have checked out a couple of sites featuring research from :doctor: Dr Alan Beer (from the US) and also Dr Gavin Sacks (from UK now at IVF australia Sydney) and it makes so much sense that my body might be figthing off the embryo. I have the classic family history of immunological disorders and of course my own poor record of unsuccessull IVF attempts -1 mc at 10 w. Otherwise I am quite healthy, not overweight, dont drink, smoke and realtively fit (bit stressed though!) - mild Endo and PCO which I have had since I was about 17.

Anyway I called Dr Sacks office today and have arranged a phone consult with him for Thursday as I live in QLD. Fee is $65 not claimable on Medicare but I dont mind at all and feel like this could be the cause. Maybe I am grabbing at straws as you do get a little deseperate for a solution......... but I cant wait to speak with him.

By the way not sure how to get in touch with Suzi Q as she was very informative on the other thread, but her info was such a godsend.

Anyway better go an do some work I feel like Ive been on the net all day. (Love my job!)

Good Luck all......

Congrats Willow Hope all goes well. I too have been on the IVF Rollercoaster,
    12 eggs with 7 embro
    1 (icsi) Stim cycle
    1 x Fresh Transfer 2 embroys
    1 x Frozen Transfer 2 embroys resulting in Twin Boys 6/7/05
    1 x M/c 30 sept 06 Natural
    1 x pg natural due 10 sept 07

Willow thats fantastic news!!!! Good Luck!

Loula I haven't started my cycle yet, so I don't know what dose they will put me on. We will be starting in April.

Jo I just had a routine U/S. She said that I have PCO not PCOS. If it wasn't for doing IVF (I am doing IVF for genetic reasons not infertility) then I probably wouldn't even know. I have been pregnant twice (first a M/C and second Alana) and never had any problems. But I guess its good to know. BW knows a lot more about PCO and PCOS.

Thanks Iris, I am going to make sure i ask more questions of the FS. I generally just say 'yes, yes, everything is fine, let's get on with it'. I never even knew there was PCO and PCOS.

Congrats Willow, great news. Did you write it on your own hand, or did you get someone else to write to there?? Is that because they told you, but you were still a bit out of it. Good luck for you tomorrow

Jo

Interesting day today.

The meeting with the principal went really well. The people I've told at school have been so supportive and encouraging, which has been great. I was again told that whatever time I needed I could have, and he thanked me for being honest and open about it all. Turns out his daughter is in the same boat as me - PCOS and having trouble TTC... I guess his personal exposure to this sort of stuff really helped him empathise. It was still a little teary - I'm a bit of an emotional mess on and off at the moment, but I was honest, and I felt that for a change he was honest with me.

Willow, I'm absolutely amazed at the number of eggs! Maybe there were hidden follies or something, but ocngratulations on that super fertilisation rate, too! Awesome news!

kotare, the number of eggs retrieved is written on your hand while you are still under general - I'm not sure why, just that it is done.

Dream bub, Dr S is Willow's FS, so she can tell you personally that you are in very good hands there. I'm quite tempted to organise myself a consult to enquire about my weird health issues, but I'm not sure that they'd want to know as I have no record of miscarriages or implantation failures with IVF. It's still all under consideration from my end.

I get a little passionate about my health research! I guess I've always had to be, as many of the things I've suffered from in the past have been quite rare and even my doctors have known little about it. The wonderful thing about PCOS is that my condition has a name! People know what it is, and there is information out there to be had! (Sorry, I get really excited about this!) And I just love the opportunity to share the knowledge I have gathered and educate people... in fact, I had to restrain myself from bombarding my principal with information when he told me that his daughter also has PCOS. I guess it also helps that I have a close friend who can help me out with all this... and I think I'm about to go off on another "rant" (I can't think of a better word, even though that's not quite the right one) about things, so I shall stop now and spare you all from it.

BW

WOW Willow - that's awesome! and such a fantastic fertilisation rate. good luck with the tranfer tomorrow!

Oh yeah... the best news, which I completely forgot... bleeding is not only under control, but is pretty close to being stopped - YAY!!!! :biggrin:

BW

that's excellent to hear BW

Looks like a good day all round.

Congrats willow you must be very pleased. im so happy for you. hoping the tf goes well for you too.

BW Fantastic news for you too, the meeting with you P sounds as though it went well, and your bleeding is under control - Fantastic.

I was wanting to check back on the old thread but cant find it can anyone help?

Found the old thread!!lol its under December 2006

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast