Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - July 2008

Paula - great news! that they all make it through to Monday.

KateB - I know for me, my body just has a mind of its own when it comes to the FSH. I have PCOS, and the dosage I have one month can work perfectly, and the next month do nothing at all. have they upped the dose or are the just going for a longer period? I know my FS used to be wary about upping my dose because of the PCOS issue. PCOS causes your ovaries to be very tempermental!

Possums - like I said in the other thread, you are in my thoughts and my heart today. It is devastating

Welcome OscarOscar - I hope your stay here is short and sweet!

AFM - 5 sleeps to go! Still felling okay. Not getting any real cramping - the odd twinge now and then. BB's starting to get a little tender today, and I have had the itchiest nipples (TMI) over the past few days! Hoping they are all good signs.

Wishing you all a happy and safe weekend.

Janie xxx

To everyone else -

Last edited by Janie71; July 24th, 2008 at 11:22 AM.

Possums - I am so, so sorry to hear your news. I totally understand your devastation. I hope you and DH can do something nice together this w/e and look forward to a sussceeful FET

Kate - Sorry, can't answer you question fully but be aware, "resting" follie numbers are variable from day to day. Some will regress and others develop over time. Not sure when you had the 15 follie scan but having 15 prior to meds doesn't mean they will all develop. Have you asked your nurses what they think?

Paula - go embies, go !! Hope they can all make it to Monday - wouldn't that be great!!

janie - itchy nipples here too!! Bit annoying at times!
    Last edited by MeredithD; July 18th, 2008 at 08:58 PM. Reason: sorry, keep forgetting to turn of my sig

Thanks for the replies - I think I will ask the nurse on Monday what the deal is. It's all so confusing!! But, gotta keep going...

Hey Janie not long to go now... Getting closer and closer. how you feeling?

Call from nurse again today and all 9 embies still growing nicely! Hoorrraayyy! They must all be competing against each other as to who is the lucky one that gets to come into a nice warm home rather than be frozen.. HAHAHA

I have woken up this morning.. and without jinxing myself.. im feeling really good. Ive acually gone slightly down in weight rather than gain and the pain is all but gone. The nurse said this is wonderful news. They have booked me in for ET on Monday at 8am. She said the Dr will assess me first to make sure i am ok then he will decide if they go ahead or not but she said the fact that the pain is going and that the weight isnt increasing is a good sign. I told her that i was still worried as some women dont get OHSS symptoms till 5 days after EPU so im worried that im still at risk and that if it hits me just after ET ill be in trouble and she said that it is true, some women do get really bad OHSS 5 days later but they would have had pain and some weight gain the days prior to that so i would have to be in pain and slightly over in weight already at this stage. So i have been praying that i get away with it and that my embie gets transfered on Monday and grows to be a healthy baby in 9 months time .

Hi all it has been busy here and lots going on wow I have been attending a farm expo for work so have and will be awol for a few days

Me bubs seem to be doing find had a spritiual healing yesterday where the man said if I let go of my fears it will come. And he said he could feel my childs energy so excited here

Possums and Saph
    Paula sounds like things are going well
    Meridth my TWW buddie I do hope this is the last time we are both here

to everyone and I promise I will catch up on Monday

hi all,
    well all those in TWW, come on bubs please stick

i am feeling a bit slack so no personals, sorry.
    afm: busy , busy, busy. af has nearly finished and now working out this new cycle, darn af such a pain.
    hope everyone is doing well.

Hi everyone,

Just a quick query - I'm trying not to analyse every little thing, but its my first cycle so I'm a bit of a newbie!

When on Orgalutran (or the Orangatang as my nurse calls it...) did anyone have what seems extra cervical mucous (putting it bluntly!)l? I was a bit suprised today with having it - noone has really said that would happen....

Well - two more sleeps til hopefully the last scan before the egg farmer comes with her little basket!!

Big to everyone,

Kate

Hi All,

Possums- So sorry sweets. Look after yourself. We are here if you need us.

AFM, I'm away for work at the moment so can't get to a computer much. The witch AF turned up yesterday 2 weeks too early for the plan my FS had for us, so now we just have to try to work out what we are going to do to fit in with my crazy body.

I was in Sydney yesterday when AF arrived which almost gave me a nervous breakdown. My FS wanted me to have a BT on day 2 and as I flew out of the country last night and was 1000kms away from home when AF arrived I was just beside myself.

Luckily an angel friend of mine rang her clinic in Syd and they took my blood. I have just emailed my results to my FS to make sure I am now on the right drugs. So far am taking 6mg of progynova a day. I normally need to go up to 12mg...6 tablets to get my lining ready.

Things will be hard now as I was due to leave the country again right when my scan and hopefully transfer will be. Oh the dramas of IVF and my job!!

Anyway, sorry for the selfish post again. I had a really bad weekend last weekend. Found out 2 people in our lives are both 3 months pg. Just came at a really bad time for me with a lot of other things going on ATM.

I am thinking of you all as always though and hoping everyone is doing well and all little eggs and embies are behaving as they should.

Have a great weekend my friends. Will check in on you all in a couple of days.

Hugs Bel

Hi Bel,

You do sound down honey - a big to you. It's such an emotional roller coaster - especially when we find out friends are pregnant. We found out tonight one of my friends is pregnant - and I'm really happy for her, but at the same time 'what about me!!'.

Take care of yourself,

Kate

barney Guest

thinking of all you girls and hope everything works out well for you all
    as for us were having a break till january so well be back then with our last frosty .

PAULA ..hunny good luk tomorrow i hope you get a huge BFP this time

TL.. your going great my sweet hang in there

Paula - GL today! Hope everything goes well - let us know how you go and how many frosties you have ended up with.

Janie xxx
    Last edited by Janie71; July 24th, 2008 at 11:23 AM.

Paula :goodluck2: for today sweetie

Everyone I will catch up soon hope you are all well

Me:
    DH's Mum passed away on Friday so he has to go back to Vic for a few days. No real symtoms for me expect being really teary but that could be a reaction to DH's Mum and that DH is going away too We are half way through the TWW today and will have had BT by this time next week

Hi everyone,

Feeling a bit low today. We had our third scan and blood test today and my follicles are not doing well - only one is at 15, the others are 9 and haven't done much in the last few days. So feeling rather glum, confused and angry. I never even considered that my follicles would not respond well to the FSH...am taking today off work to regroup.

Sorry for the selfish post

Hope you are all going well with lots of

Kate try a heat pack on for 20 mins a few times a day worked for me once

Bel you poor thing. Work and IVF sounds quite hectic. Im sure everything will work itself out.

Smithy 5 month break? Wow. I hope you enjoy it though and that you make the most of no meds etc and just really enjoy lots of time with your DH.

TL so sad to hear about your mother in law. Not long now till you test. You are officially in the OneWeekWait..hehe.

Kate its so hard emotionally when our body doesnt seem to be doing what it should. So sorry

Well had my transfer today and had a wonderful looking blastocyst transfered. They will ring me tomorrow to let me know how many they will be freezing as some of the embies havent quite reached the blasty stage so they are going to let them grow a little bit more over night. Hopefully i get a few that are good enough to freeze.

Both yesterday and today i have been feeling really good. No bloating or pains so it looks like OHSS didnt kick in too hard. The Dr did tell me today though that if i get pregnant it can spark it off and could still get bad so i just have to stick to my new best friend, my water bottle and hope for the best.

Oh and i also had another acupuncture session today and it went well.

Hi Paula and TL,

Here's hoping for your little emby Paula!

I'm feeling a bit better this afternoon - took my fur kids to the dog park and just enjoyed being outside. I'm not feeling too hopeful about this cycle - I know that there is still a chance, but given I am day 12 and most egg collections are between days 10 and 15, and there are only two follies at 15 - the rest not really doing anything...well - just don't want to be disappointed more than I am.

Not a good day today, but I am so grateful to you all,

Hi Ladies,

We finally made it! Just got back from clinic & got they're happy with the BT results. We start the injections tomorrow & 1st scan next Monday. So far no side effects - YAY(except for the tears yesterday).They've changed me over to Gonel-f & pregnyl & they'll be doing polscope this time as there was problems with the quality of the embies before. Hopefully this time I won't see OHSS & we'll get to transfer. (I know, lots of water)

Paula /TC - Congrats on getting this far. Hope there's more twitches over the coming weeks.

Smithy - Hope you're able to enjoy your time off with DH.

Kate - How was your day off? Hope you got a chance to relax and re-coup.

Bel - I fully understand the work thing. Just remember to find time for yourself. I know, easier said than done!

Anyway, wishing everyone :goodluck2: & Sorry if I've missed anyone!

LL

Paula - sounds like all going like clockwork this time. Hoping that you get lots of frosties but no need for them for a long time to come

TL - sorry about your MIL. Hope you can get through the next week without to much stress

KateB - So sorry your follies are not behaving. I understand the frustration. Are they adjusting your dose or anything?

Lou - yay at getting started. Hope this is the cycle that brings you success

AFM - BT due on wed and feling good this time. Had a scare on sat with lots of heavy cramping but that has eased and nausea increasing. Praying I can stay in this game for another 9mths!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast