Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - July 2008

BT Re****s are in 357 so we are PG for real and full steam ahead

I am going to have a BABY

Abbie sweet I hope you are ok call if you need too

Abbie Guest

TL thanks for your support, DH has been great today and yesterday taking care of me. I know we'll get a bfp eventually but its always such a tough road! You must be over the moon about your -to-be, bet you cant wait till the next scan to see how its going - you had two embies transferred right?

lilmisshaveachat, i know you only just starting on the AC/ivF journey so hope your FS visit goes well, at least you know more than i did when i started just be reading everyones posts here and info on web

Evening All,

Well I'm back after a trip away for work. How busy things have been in here.

My biggest of congrats to TL, Janie and MeredithD and anyone else who I have missed who got their BFP's this month. I wish you all the happiest and healthiest of pregnancies.

I have been away for only about 10 days but cannot catch up with personals sorry. Will start again from today.

AFM, had another appointment with FS today and lining is looking great...8.3mm, so I'm all go for a TF on Wed next week. Start the lovely pessaries tomorrow..YAHOO!! Am feeling really positive and strong going into this cycle. It is my 1st TF with my new FS and he has some great ideas. I'm going to be doing pregnyl for the 1st time as well as pessaries and will be having 2 of my frozen blasties transferred if all goes well.

Will catch up with you all soon.

Hugs Bel

Hi Oscar Oscar - were with Glenn Sterling and think that he and his staff at Life are fantastic. He's well researched, and will answer all of your questions (I suggest you have some ready and then take notes - its hard to remember whats said sometimes because youre exicted/nervous). Glenn's personality and professionalism will put you and your man at ease straight away.

Dont be nervous, and best of luck to you.
    ps. they have a website with loads of info (if you havent seen it already) - lifefertility.com.au

Cheers

Hi everyone,

I've been out of action for a few days with a naughty cough..

TL - that is fantastic news! Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I wish I could jump down the internet and give you a big hug, but this will have to do

Abbie - my heart goes out to you love. This roller coaster is nothing like I've ever been on before. Last week I was devastated when we were cancelled and thought it would never happen for us, but this week, given we are starting again soon, I feel certain 2009 will see our little will turn up. I also know that I am getting stronger through this - being by far the biggest thing I have ever gone through. That doesn't mean I don't cry or get upset, but I figure when my kids turn up I will certainly treasure them to the ends of the earth and beyond, and perhaps I'll be a better mum because of it.

Big to everyone - you are never far from my thoughts and prayers.

TL - what great results hon!!! I am so happy for you
    Abbie- Sorry to hear of your fert results, I would be upset at my clinic as well! Will keep everything crossed for the rest of your treatment xxx

TL - I'm just so happy for you that I can't find the words........

Abbie - how are you today sweetie? 3 can still get you a BFP that is all we had at transfer sweet and day 3 transfer has got us here.

Hi everyone...haven't been chatting as much so I don't think I can catch up with everyone.... just sending a general message to everyone who is going through their cycle, that things progress just as they are meant to, and when they are meant to!

Abbie- it is a tough road and sending you a big . I know my emotions have been up and down this entire year really and now we are back into the uncertainty and lack of control of not knowing when it will all happen for us, and that alone can be hard. Thinking of you. Dealing with issues at work and people knowing can also be a challenge.

Kate- glad you are feeling more positive again. I crashed a bit after our BFN but now also feel more positive that 2009 will bring us our baby too. I guess we are all getting stronger through this and we certainly will cherish our little ones as you said!

nicole- I havent heard of that before (re the egg collection stuff) but I am new to IVF.

oscaroscar- I can relate to IVF being a big step to take. We felt shocked when we were told it really was our best/possibly only option, due to the loss of my tube, and my other tube being in bad shape. It's a lot to take in. Just take it one step at a time. I think in your situation, waiting and hoping would be potentially stressful too, just as IVF can be stressful. I guess only you and your DH can weigh up all the pros and cons given your particular situation. Good luck in deciding on the best step forward next.

Bel- welcome back...glad you are feeling so positive going into your next cycle. it brings you a BFP!

to everyone else

Hi everyone, I am still trying to catch up with everyone's situation, apologies if this take me a while. But I have been online every day now, gosh it can be addictive!

TL congratulations from me too, I can't even imagine how excited you must be (I've never had a BFP) and hope your luck rubs off on the rest of us for our next cycle.

I saw my FS this morning for my CD10 scan, endo is 10.6 mm thick (my best yet) so I am all good to go and am so optimistic that my ET is schedule for 08.08.08. I wanted to ask for a 8am ET but how far can I go with it? I hope it truely is lucky. I feel better about this month. I have the IVF companion hypnosis CD and have been listening to it every night, I must admit I feel much more positive. And my protocol has changed this month. The last two FETs I got my periods 7 and 8 day respectively past ET (when I think it should be 11 dpt based on a 3 day transfer). Has this happended to anyone else? I've still been temping and on both FETs got AF exactly 14 days after my temp rise and before I started progesterone, which doesn't make sense. Sort of felt like I had ovulated depsite being on a HRT cycle??? Any ideas. I discussed this with FS, he has taken this on board and double my Crinone dosage. But yikes, 3 weeks of double dose worked out to $540, though it is worth it.

Another thing, I have only done Day 3 transfers, in fact FS has not even suggested a Day 5 blast, not sure if this because of my embryo quality? I haven't seen Day 5 as an option on the consent forms, I go to John Flynn on the Gold Coast. Hmmm. I will have to ask about this.

Best wishes to everyone
    xx

tiggerlinda..... I ve been away for a while but just got back and had to quickly come on here to check up on you.....

CONGRATULATIONS

I am so thrilled for you hun.... sooooo thrilled

TL, im so happy for u.

Abbie Guest

thanks girls for all the well wishes, i'm ok at work when i need to be then just let my guard down at home - got DH to give me a back rub tonight which just made me all emotional, guess its true when they say the body is storing all of those emotions away till we deal with them! Thank god, no sign of ohss (apart from still feeling like my jeans should be bigger!!). Had to put my acupuncture visit off till next week (was on day of EPU) so hoping that helps with coping and relaxing

Kate and Possums, you are so right, we;re all on this journey to make us better mums and to value our little ones more because of it

TL thanks for the advice, i know it only takes one so i'm hoping that my little one follows yours soon. we'll try again next cycle, couldn't stand to wait any longer!

BabyDreamtime, haven't been through what youre dealing with but it sure sounds confusing, does your cycle know what its up to? crossing fingers and toes that ET goes well next week
    phew, enough from me, time for zzzzzz to all

Hi everyone,

Baby Dreamtime - it's a confusing ride hey! 10 does sound good - well done you! As for the other questions - I think it is just so different for everyone that it is really important to talk with your doctor and other staff at your IVF place. I really hope it all goes well for you!

Well - this roller coaster is just crazy! And can you believe I love our bank?! We had heard nothing from our clinic and due to start next week after a cancelled cycle last time - so I called them today to find out what I need to do, when I need to pick up medication, how much I need to take, and how much we owe. Given our last cycle was up near $4000 and we didn't go through to egg collection, you can imagine my surprise when they said we would need to pay $3800 (as prices have gone up since the beginning of July). We'd estimated about $2000 - so yes, not so happy.

Well we figured we had another week to work out what we could do with regard to finances, and guess what! My lovely AF (which is never early and never late) turned up about five minutes after I found out about the extra money we would need to find.

Was I happy? Oh no!But my darling DH called our fabulous fantastic bank and they have upped our credit card limit - so we will be going ahead! Yay!

I must admit I have been surprised by the lack of communication from our clinic - how have other people found theirs? I feel like we have to contact them and remind them who we are and then tell them what we are doing to get any direction...not real good after a cancelled cycle!!

Bye for now

Kate - After our first cancelled cycle, we nearly changed clinics because we felt the same thing - they didn't really know who we were and I felt like no effort was being made for just the basic things. We we lucky that they picked up their act after that though. I ended up speaking to one of the nice nurses who understood how I felt, maybe that helped, I'm not sure. Good news with the bank though - it's always nice when they come through for you

barney Guest

coming back to join you all in 4 weeks
    we will try our last frosty bub and hope it thaws,so now i just have to wait for august af then i can start my natural FET # 1

good luk to you all

New thread time folks.

Your new thread is here.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789