Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007 #2

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Default Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007 #2

Hi girls,

Here's to many BFPs this month! Remember, every new cycle is a chance at achieving your dream...

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows
    Sarah_H - [email protected]
    Cailin - [email protected]
    sushee - [email protected]
    tiggy - [email protected]

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Catch up on your old thread here

Good afternoon ladies,

I haven't posted in this thread before, but I have been posting recently on the TTC & Taking Clomid/Metformin thread.

DJTTC - I wanted to congratulate you on your BFP and I hope that it is the stickiest ever. Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy.

Kotare - I have a question regarding your DH's morphology results - what percentage were normal?
    I ask because my husband has had low morphology results (30-40% normal) and one with poor forward progression and yet I am mid way through my second cycle of Clomid, even though I was ovulating naturally beforehand. I plan ring my gyno this afternoon as I have only just realised that we were not even given the results of the last SA and that was done before I had a lap/dye studies, etc done (which showed no problems).

Hi to everyone else and I hope to get to know you all better.

Here's to lots of BFP's

CONGRATULATIONS JO ON YOUR BFP THATS GREAT NEWS!!!!

Kotare and ATT: My DH also has low Sperm morph, and Kotare we too were told by two FS that it was OK and we could achieve a preg. Im turning 35 this year and all they kept on saying was 'don't worry you've got plenty of time' and my DH believed them and wouldn't believe me when I told him it was a prob!

My DH has 5% normal sperm under strict criteria and we did another one- I think it was Kruger that came out at 10% so both low. We have just finished our first round of ICSI and awaiting the results but it [email protected]$%^&s me off that I could have been doing this a year ago! How can these FS NOT KNOW what they are doing?

ATT: I dont think your DH results are bad if its over 15% its fine

It took us the third FS for her to tell us we needed icsi- when I knew it all along! the second FS was the worst and I dont mind saying it was IVF Australia who said we would only need IVF not ICSI- it is proven that if you have low sperm morph then you need icsi! these people are wasting our time and money!

If I were you kotare I would do ICSi and also ask for a DNA tunel Assay test done as well, as men with low morph can also have poor dna which can hinder a successful preg. My DH came out pporish, so were taking vitamins and for the ICSI he had a fine needle aspiration done as the sperm has much better dna!

Hope this helps!

This is probably a stuipd question but do they test the quality of the sperm at time of IVF like they would do a normal sperm test? Just asking as DH has only ever had one test done - morph came back borderline but ok - i've often thought that they should probably have tested him again?

ATryingTime - welcome to the thread

Hi there Boo!

No they dont check the quality of the sperm at IVF, they check it prior. What do you mean by borderline?

Kim

Ok so they will probably send DH for another test before we start? Might ask the question at our next appointment.
    The FS told us he's morph was low but still in acceptable limits, from what i've read most people get tested at least twice to double check the results but my DH never has.

Boo- A word of warning, read my little story above and dont believe everything the FS as gospel! We were told the same! Do some research...I know A LOT about sperm morphology now, if you need to know anything let me know... Kim

TWW is killing me.. thinking I have AF pains today.. but then again could just be the Crinone.......Thinking as many sticky thoughts as possible, and just counting down for my BT day to arrive and praying it will be positive.... Ok rant over from me now!!

Hi Guys

Just wanted to say my DH had two adrology tests done prior to IVF, but the clinic also sent us an overall sheet of results from the IVF cycle and as part of that they had tested his sperm at the same time so we got more results then as well.

Cya

Kim - Thanks for the info, it has often entered my mind but when i read your story it set little alarm bells off lol. I will deffinately mention it to the FS next time we speak.

Shannon - it must be different procedures for different clinics, i just figured they would test the sperm - another question to add to my growing list for the nurse!

EJE - fingers crossed for you, hope AF stays away

Sammi Jane Guest

Just wanted to add that on Monday when we did our EPU our FS came and told us that DH's sample required ICSI. I asked if DH could give another sample and he did and it was better and we didn't do ICSI.

Sammi- good to hear! How many embies did you have left? I hope your feeling well! Im not feeling anything different- same old PMT symptoms so Im not hopeful- though I wasnt before hand either!

I read all the posts regarding sperm counts with interest and went to get DHs results he had last year and I cant find them! I wont panic yet, hes had the test done again just recentally. But it worries me where I have put them now as well as my test results. Everything is neatly packed away for hiding in a folder.
    We have been told that if the tests come back the same this time, IVF/ ICSI is the way to go as DH has low normal sperm count on his last two tests (although they were done too close together the FS told us) .

I think I might have Oed too! Had a temp rise, so hopefully tomorrow will show if I have. That means Oing at cd16 which is the earliest Ive had in a long time, usually its around cd17-cd24
    Last edited by Violet Star; March 15th, 2007 at 07:49 PM.

Summer- isnt it weird dont you think that often people who are undergoing AC have something wrong with both partners! There are soooo many babies out there WHY do we both have to have something wrong with both of us- I often wonder if all this has been sent to teach us both something???? Some people breeze through life and some dont I guess Im one of the latter for the time being

Summer, maybe it's the metformin working its magic on you!

Wishing lots of luck for those currently in the TWW, and feeling amazingly calm about the blood test tomorrow.

BW

hey ladies just hanging out waiting for a man to eplace the glass my DH broke in the window last week, and its bloody hot hot hot!

Megan - my FS at Monash is Mac Talbolt. (i thought he might have been cross with me for moving to MIVF but he started to tell me stories about runing he had with the FS i was seeing there. nothing too bad thought, just sounded like clinic against clinic views to me, made me and DH laugh though!)Boy oh boy Monash and MIVF are different.

Hey BW - dont worry you may not have seen me much but ive been checking up on you.lol im so sorry that these headaches are around. sometimes i find it hard to get on top of then but i think Megan is right STRESS! and dont you just hate it when people say DONT stress! what the bloody hell do they know!GL for Friday i will be thinking of you xx

2mums - all the best for you and Kim

I sorry i did write this at 5pm but only just got to hitting the enter button.lol

Kotare - this journey is so tiring at times and the hurdles we cross dont make it any easier. im sorry hun

TaffyLou - May is not far away.

Gina - GL for Monday

Shannon22 im sorry to hear of your news .GL tuesday i hope you get some answers

Boo - whats happening - looks like you and are might be cycle buddies this time around.

Alex, Summ and BG hope you are all doing well

EJE - positive, positve +++++++ thats what im thinking for you.xx

Hi Ladies - have just started reading this forum, and wow there are so many stories here that I can relate to, so I thought I'd pop in for a chat!

We are having a month off at the moment - first Stim cycle in Jan didn't work out for us, but we're planning to do a FET next month. We have a choice to do either a medicated or natural cycle, but aren't sure which one to do. It sounds like the medicated cycle will control things a bit better, but I guess going natural also has its benefits. It's all so confusing, and I think the decision will be up to us - so any advice on what might be the best option would be appreciated!

Sending you all loads of baby dust and sticky vibes!! Look forward to getting you know you all

Mon

wow - what a busy day in here today!!!

Mon - welcome to a thread that i really hope none of us have to hang around for much longer!!

Shannon - so sorry AF showed - and especially at such a trying time for yourself and DH. i'm glad your in-laws were tolerable - at least that made things a little easeier for you both.

Lou - i'm seeing Mac Talbot too - he's interesting, isn't he? last time i went to see him, he laughed, then asked why i was making him work so hard to earn his dollars!!! i haven't seen any other FS yet, as he has a clinic near home - here's hoping he can do the trick for both of us!

SS - yay on the ovulation hun - i know it looks like you'll need ICSI - but if you've o'd, you may as well try for that little miracle bubba! good luck

as for me, well, looks like i can start the TTC merry-go-round again very soon. went back to surgeon today, found that the cyst was benign (yay!!!) and completely removed, and apart from pain meds (which i'm weaning myself off) there should be no more meds needed to treat it, and i am free to go back to TTC! will be on the horn tomorrow morning to work out when we start this again - i'm not wasting another second! i have no intention of giving up on my dream to be a mum just yet, so i'm there asap!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast