Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007 #3

Hi every1 ... popping in to see how are doing!
    Just a quick one as am at work ... but Mel good luck with ET!
    And Slyder Congrats! Awesome!
    To every1 else happy monday (or itis)!
    Spk soon
    Mon

Congrats Slyder... oh does this mean you lose your avatar and put up a pic?

barney Guest

aww congratulations slyder well done
    thinking of you dusty girl xxoo

to everyone else a big hello

Excellent choice of mod, I think its really valuable to have the blokes perspective - welcome in your new capacity slyder!!!

EPU went well, we got 11 eggs which is great! A surprise given the # of follis we had, but perfect becuse my Dr said afterward to come in Wednesday for assessment and if I feel ok, transfer can go ahead after all. Talk about rollercoaster. So, hoping no ohss develops now. Drinking lots!!! Bit sore, assume thats normal epu night???

OMGOSH bliss that is so great. Congrats on the eggs hun. Come on little ones grow.

DW good luck for you ET tomorrow. You know ill be thinking of you..

Congrats slyder and hope the ladies are good to you...heheh

Well just a short one tonight. Not feeling pg. Thought I was abit but nope nothing. Feeling abit neg -- wich is not like me but cant help it.

Im sorry if I didnt get all personals done just abit tired.

Hi all and take care

slyder Guest

Kell, that's really great news and such a surprise. If you didn't end up with 5 billion mature follies and you keep the water up (don't overdo it though, can be just as bad believe it or not) then chances are you'd be able to do transfer I'd think. As for being sore after, DW was a bit tender but 100% better than when she went in (to be frank it was like popping a big balloon) - but yes, apparently it's totally expected to have minor to moderate pain.

Missy, I hope the new day tomorrow restores your cheery mood.

Shannon, I'll be keeping the avatar - looks much cooler!

LOL! Not 5 billion, 20ish I think (was still a bit woozy, not sure). What is too much water. Aiming for 2-3litres a day. Too much? Pain is mild-mod so good!!

Hi everyone,

Babybliss - congrats on a good pick up, everything goes ok and you can still have ET in a couple of days time.

Missy - Dont give up hope yet, some people dont get pg symptoms til a bit later... some dont get them at all!

ET went really well, I have 2 embies on board. At first he said one was a 7 cell and the other was only a 4 cell (which means absolutely nothing to me, im kind of new at this ) but then when he put them up on the screen the smaller one had grown to a 6 cell... he says its really good so I just have to take his word for it And he has given me Pregnyl injections, 1 on Wed (day 3) and 1 on Sun (day 7). Has anyone else had the Pregnyl? What was your experience with it, ie side effects etc?

So another 2WW ahead. that at least one of them turns into a pregnancy... well ultimately a baby, but lets not jump too far ahead!

Take care everyone

slyder Guest

Kell, from what we were told (and DW was a high risk of getting feral OHSS apparently), don't go over 3 litres. Obviously stick with whatever your FS recommends. In general though, too much water (ie litres and litres) thins your blood too much and dilutes your balance of salts and electrolytes etc.

Congrats Mel, and well done on getting this far. The like to see ongoing cell division in the embies and yours certainly sound the goods. Can't help you on the pregnyl boosters but someone else is bound to know.

Kell I have been told 2-3 is fine I have been quite sore after EPU and not sore at all but remeber you have had 20 follicles poke at today so likly to be a bit tender.

Mel - Well done have a wonderful TWW

Hi and good luck to everyone else

Kell congrats on your EPU! Sounds really promising hun! Apparently I suffered from mild OHSS and spent the whole day on couch after EPU, I couldnt even straighten out because the pain on my ovaries was way too much, esp when bladder started to fill up (sorry if TMI), same with second day, but by day of ET felt much better! If you can handle the pain without taking pain killers you might actually be OK. See how you go! Fingers crossed for you hun!
    Mel, great news re. your ET, those cell numbers do sound good!
    Missy, zap those negative thoughts out of your consciousness, your embie needs you! Be strong for your embie! It aint over until the fat lady sings! Sending lots of positive vibes your way hun!
    My thoughts are with you Dusty for tomorrow!
    Hi to every1 else
    Mon x

Baby Bliss, hope all is well, good luck and I hope you have lots of snow bubbas for when you need them.
    miss c, I hope it does'nt extend out for too long for you, the best laid plans are usually the ones that go astray. Go ahead and let off steam, this is the place to do it. I think you are doing really well. I'm stuggling with just the IVF on my plate. Yikes!!!!
    Mel good luck with your 2 embies, keep going strong little ones.
    Missy and the other TWW's wishing you the best of luck, there are a few of you now.
    Tiggerlinda and Kerri, I find this all really interesting, you are lucky to have access to these services. I hope they make the difference for you both. We are very primitive down here, it is difficult to even get a good AP and when you ask the FS/nurse they can't help, the nurse said have a look in the phone book, no-one has asked me before.
    Slyder congratulations!!!! Huge job, I have trouble just keeping up with the posts.
    Hi to everyone else, hope things are going smoothly.

Baby Bliss great news, and nice that you should be able to go ahead and transfer.
    Missy, don't get too down, you just never know. Still a week to go a lot can happen in that time, I read somewhere not long ago that blasties are slower growing intially, so hopefully this week you feel more.
    Mel with the IUI cycles I have had the Pregnyl, side effects,I felt preg!!!! So slight nausea, dizzy, heartburn, weeing more than usual, and you won't be able to test until about day 10 because it is still in your system. It can be really tough because you spend quite a bit of time trying to figure out what is real and what is the shot. I guess if you are still feeling things a few days after your last shot it would have to be pretty exciting. Put some frozen peas or something on your tum before the shot, I usually sit it there for a while and numb it really well does'nt hurt much at all then.
    Last edited by slyder; November 13th, 2007 at 06:40 AM. Reason: merging posts

Morning all

Geee I cant sleep in at the moment.

slyder im hoping today is a better day for me. thankyour!!!

Mel Congrats on your ET hun. Awwww the dreaded TWW. I hope your better then me...lol. I just cant seem to handle it very well.

Mon lol at the ZAP. Thanks hun. Got to get rid of the neg-- thoughts. Its all getting abit much now. Just want it to be over with.

blackduckies oh thanks hun. I was also told that Blastie take long in the sence that testing to early ( hcg levels ) wont show up. I wonder why Blasties are longer, you would think it would be quicker being blasties.

Hi to everyone else.

Oh and good luck DW ( for all you ppl DW to me is Dusty ) personal joke. So good luck hun. xxxx

Morning All,

Missy - Im like you up and at em early but for me that means up at 540am every morning whether I have an early start or not .. as DH leaves for work early so I get injections early ... How are you feeling today (well the short part that has started) .. keep positive thoughts up hun ... it is the best thing for you and your embies right now ....

Mel - great news about your ET ... best wishes for the 2WW ahead ....

Slyder - congrats on being our moderator .... you always seem to be able to give advice to put ppl's minds at ease so having you as a moderator will be great ..

BabyBliss - thats such good news hun congrats on the EPU ... I guess whatever questions you have always confirm with your doctor hun but hope you are feeling a bit better now and are taking it easy ... Oh I am so happy for you hun .. now for those little embies to grow and be strong !!

Dusty - good luck for today hun hope it all goes well

Blackduckies - how are you going hun ??

Miss C - I think you are doing a brilliant job juggling things and the fact that you have a wedding, your IL's plus the IVF all on your plate at the one moment I take my hat of to you ... it is hard to balance work and IVF at the moment with a bit of the unknown but I agree, let it all off here as we are the ones who can understand every emotion, tear, rant or whatever you need .. I guess whilst it is hard to worry about when things will fall there is no real set schedule and unfortunately alot of it we have to go with the flow ... hard isnt it - I like routine and knowing when things are happening so this process has taught me about patience in a way I would never thought possible ..... Cant believe you only have 4 weeks to go !!!!

I hope I have caught up with everything .. man this post moves along .. I had such a busy weekend I wasnt even able to jump on at all and work is just frantic ... aaargh it is all happening at once where's the emoticon for pulling your hair out I ask lolol

I started my FSH injections on Monday so am due for a b/t Thursday morning ... I am on the Puregon pen and wow I have had some real dizzy spells and headaches ... I guess that is normal though .... cant wait for Thursday and the b/t results as hopefully have more of an indication when EPU will be but I have a feeling it will be Thurs or Fri next week .....

Hi to everyone I missed and hope you are all doing well with where you are at .... have a good day and I will pop back in later ...

Melsta xox

timnik77 Guest

Hello everyone, I need some advice. I have been on the FSH injections since 3 Nov and had a scan on Friday of last week. All was good 6-7 follicles 6-7mm on RH side and 5-6 follicles 6-7mm on LH side. Yesterday I had another scan and was expecting to be told that EPU was going to be this Friday. When the FS did the scan there was nothing there, the follies had all disappeared within the 3 days! FS has upped my dose of FSH from 100 to 250 and I have to continue doing those until next Tues when I have another scan. This is my first ivf cycle and I am really worried/confused. Can anyone offer any advice or have they had similar experience?

Nicole - I have not gone through this but I am thinking of you :hugs:
    Melsta - Best of luck with the FSH injections and heres hoping EPU goes to plan.

Well I have booked the appt with the FS to discuss where to from here and how. Those who have seen my blog will know I was a bit scared of making the call but now I am in to see him Thursday

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Nicole,

I can't say I've ever heard of this either. I encourage you to give your FS a call and ask for an explanation as to how this happened.

Nicole - wow hun I can only imagine what you are going through right now, I agree with Sushee definitely call them and ask for a thorough explanation and a what happens from here. Even though you have another scan booked in I would be wanting to know what happens depending on the outcome of the next scan .. good luck and make sure you let us know what happened ... that it all continues to work out for you though ..

tiggerlinda - i have read your blog and knew how hard it was for you to make that appointment so I heartily applaud you for being able to take that next step hun ... Thursday is not too far away and I am sure you will have a myriad of emotions leading up to the appointment, I was so scared and nervous before I first appointment I had to use the ladies room at FS four times in the space of 30mins before we went in .... I will definitely be thinking of you on Thursday - what time are you seeing them - am or pm ?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast