Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007 #3

slyder Guest

You've had some very impressive pearls of wisdom lately, BG.

aw thanks Slyder - you've made me blush!!

Hi friends..

I have been referred to post on this board.. as i have just started my 1st fet cycle.. so, just pasting the content below:

My first FET is on. its gonna be a new experience even though i have had 2 fresh IVF cycles with BFN. I am on pill and lupride shots right now.. expecting to have FET during 1st week of December..
    Dr. said during the scan that the pelvis area looks promising this time as there seems to be no cyst or any collection unlike other times wen always there were some adhesions (from my previous surgery), infection and other stuff..
    Any tips which are specific of FET cycles are welcome...
    Fingers crossed.... really hope it works this time.
    good luck to all too..

Kell would love to know more about the IVF cd

Good luck, wannababy, and welcome.

I've had two FETs, but both have been natural cycles, no drugs to take at all apart from the ones I take for a few days at the beginning of the cycle to force my reluctant body to ovulate. Very different situation to the medicated FETs that most people seem to do. Not much to compare it to, really - I have never had a fresh transfer at this stage because I hyperstimulated quite badly on my first fresh cycle.

For everyone else... here's exactly what you don't want to have happen with your injections! [url="http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2682"]BW's bruise.[/url] In many ways it's not as bad as it looks, but every time I sit, bend over or move in some way that folds me in half, it gets squished and hurts. You can even see some of my smaller bruises from earlier on. Did a lot better tonight, but I'm about to hand over the injecting job to DH. I've hurt myself too much and now I'm tensing up too much, which results in more hurting. Bugger!

BW

Holy crap BW!

TL, am I able to say here? Or am I able to PM? Not sure of how things work!

BG - You are right, I agree!

BW - ditto to kel, that is one mumma of a bruise from an injection. you poor pet. the most i ever got was a bit of discoloration. funny how we get so blase with injections (could never have imagined me being that but i did) to the point that sometimes i would have to redo as i stuffed it up, especially when tired and stressed. i even did an OD on lucrin last cycle one night....GL BW's DH

yay for joining us here wannababy!

xx

Thanks butterfly...
    Lemme ask u one query... u said "but both have been natural cycles" ... could u explain this.. sorry if i sound too stupid.
    I guess u mean that the actual body process goes on its own and in the right time they do FET.. am i right?
    in my case, dr. said they dont want me to ovulate this month.. instead they will give me estrogen supplements.. so this is a medicated cycle right?

Holly sh*t BW. Thats huge....lol

Just popping in to say hi and hope your all well. Im going ok and feel like AF is coming but praying she wont.

BBL

Take care all!!

Yep, sounds like a medicated cycle to me.

With a natural FET, they do blood tests to track ovulation, and once it has occured, they pop the embryo back in at the appropriate number of days afterwards. Can be a bit of a pain as you can't control the timing, which I think is why most clinics seem to go for medicated cycles.

DH is more freaked out about giving me the injections than I ever was in doing them myself. This could be interesting!

BW

yes butterfly... that makes sense..
    i wont ovulate this month bcos i m on pill as well as Lupride.. ofcourse, there will b blood tests and scan to analyse the lining and wen its apt, they will go for ET.

hmm.. anyways, good luck to all of us..

Hi Ladies

Wow BW thats a whopper!

Kell - Congrats honey on getting your 2 on board that is fantastic!! I love you positivity and think you little ones have such a good chance with their positive mumma!

Dusty - How are you holding up today? next time your talking to BOB say hi from all of us

Wecome wannababy!!

WEll just a quick one from me tonight! Saw FS and absolutely nothing is happening with my ovaries.. i think they are on strike and well i dont blame them. So provera for 10 days to bring on AF and the boost cycle. We changed our minds and upped the dose to 200 so hopfully that does the trick to give us more numbers next time.

Anyone have any advice on provera? What side affets should i be expecting here?

Thanks heaps... Shan

Hello everyone!

Firstly, apologies to anyone I miss - it's so crowded in here my head is spinning! But rest assured that you're all in my thoughts.

Dusty - I'm so excited for you and BOB (love that name!). Sending you lots of sticky vibes and fingers crossed for a BFP soon.

Kell - congrats on the transfer! I know it's normal to worry about the grades, but all you can do now is hope and pray and take in all the positive thoughts everyone is sending your way. Be sure to add mine to the pile!

My update: I have an appt with the FS tomorrow for BT to determine what the Synarel has done to my hormones. I guess I will get the results on Friday, and then if everything is AOK, I will be starting the injections. I'm very excited to be going tomorrow - it seems like forever between appointments! I'm sure y'all know what I mean lol.

OK, well that's it from it, it's way past my bedtime (but I doubt I will sleep because of the excitement of the appt).

Love to all,
    Vicki
    x

Hi all

Well still hoping this is my month but feel like af is coming. Last day for the gel thank God as Im so over that. So I guess if AF is going to come will be in about 2 or 3 days. Please stay away!!!!!

wannababy yes you said it hun. Good luck to all of us!!

Oh Shannon22 hun I hope your little overies come of strike hun and start to do what they are told. Good luck!!

Pookiegirlba good luck with you BT hun. Hope all will be good. Im sure it will.

How are the rest of you lovely ladies going.

Hope you well.

Well better go, DS is waking.

Holly - Och!
    Kell - I am not sure PM to be safe
    Missy - GL BFP is on its way
    PG/ Vikki - GL with the BT
    Wannababy - Welcome heres hoping you won't be here long
    Shannon - Good to see there is a plan sweet

11am Visit to the FS so everything crossed and will update later

Good luck today TL :fingerscrossed:
    Shannon, I'm glad you got through you appointment ok. It's really great that you know what's going on now. I hope the provera works for you, lots of best wishes for you
    Missy, hang in there
    Vicki - GL for your b/t - I hope today goes quickly for you and you get some rest tonight! Try not to be a Wide-Awake-Wally like I have been
    BW, that's awful! I'm sorry the injections are such an ordeal for your body. Hope it's healing ok.
    Wannababy - welcome! I'm glad you made it over here. These ladies (and gent!) are so helpful and supportive
    Slyder, how are you and DW doing atm?

Well, I can't tell if stimulation injections are going to plan or not, after two nights. I've starting light bleeding and cramping today after a small amount spotting yesterday. I'm not a happy-chappy at the moment. I'm pretty p**sed off and upset at my body for not responding to this IVF cycle like I guess it's meant to.
    I've posted a thread in the non-stickies [URL="http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=52155"]here[/URL] asking for people's advice or experience with this. Can anyone help?
    Sorry for the lack of detail in my personals, everyone Just feeling really ordinary about the whole thing atm.

I hope everyone is well and hanging in there.

Miss C
    Last edited by Acacia; November 15th, 2007 at 08:40 AM.

Miss C hang in there sweet I spotted on the stims in my first cycle :hugs:

Miss c im so sorry hun I really hope things get better. take care!!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast