Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007 #4

Vicki, have to totally agree with BW, its quality NOT quantity. Many of the girls (but not all), who get a large number of eggs have PCOS and their eggs arent all that great a quality. In August i had my 2nd stim cycle. We had thought about cancelling the cycle because at day 9-10 the girls said there were only 5-6 eggs. I was devastated. Couldnt understand. The previous cycle I had 12 at EPU. After long discussions we kept going. I was on Gonal F for 15 days....synarel for almost 50 days. And at EPU we got 13 eggs, and then 3 blasts and now i am 16.5 weeks pregnant with twins. I know it can be devastating when you dont get the numbers that you want, but reading in here lately, there have been some girls who have got an extraordinary number of eggs, which doesnt necessarily mean they will end up with embryos from all of them. All you need is some good quality eggs and try not to compare yourself to all these egg makers!!!!! I wish you all the best, try think positive, who knows what they will find at EPU- might be some hiding in there!!!
    Mel

Last edited by happymel; November 26th, 2007 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Spelling

not so bad now - went back to sleep for a couple of hours, and am just taking it easy today. have had a fair amount of water already, and am now seriously contemplating dragging myself out of bed and having a hot shower to give me some relief from my headache. i was going to drive into town today to buy a heat pack for tomorrow's trip home (a bit over 100k's) - but i just can't be bothered! i have a couple of hours in hospital tomorrow - hubby can nick off to the shops and buy one!

ETA - as mel mentioned, PCOS may give us large follie counts, and higher egg counts - but there is no guarantee of thw quality - i'd seriously prefer to have triggered last night with a whole lot fewer follies than i have - please don't compare yourself to the PCOSer's - you're fortuntate to not be going through this i promise!

Mel, you're a gem for trying to pep me up! Thank you :hugs: Guess I just have to keep a positive attitude and move forward. I shouldn't jump to any conclusions before talking to my FS I spose.

BG, a hot shower will make you feel so much better - works for me anyway. Hope you continue to improve as the day goes on. I'm sure DH won't mind going to the shops for you - it's the least he can do!

Vicki

My fert results are in! 30 from 32 were mature (woo!). 20 from 30 were good to use, which is way more than anyone expected from my numbers. The polscope showed two thirds of them had spindles (the genetic information) in the wrong spot, so very relieved that we've gone ahead with using it.

They are happy I'm still feeling good, but they tell me that tomorrow will be the day all hell breaks loose if it's going to this time. Either way, I'm comfortable with the decision to go freeze all. I know that even if I manage to avoid the bad OHSS this time, that pregnancy would be enough to tip me over the edge... and if that happens, it would last much, much longer than before.

BW

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

PG,

your clinic would be aiming for only around 10 eggs at pick up, and while it may not seem like much, it's the number at which you can get enough eggs to work with without other complications arising, such as OHSS. If you get anything between 7-13 eggs, it's actually an optimal cycle, and not at all a bust.

In all my cycles, I never got more than 10 eggs. And BTW, I was in incredible discomfort between trigger and EPU - I could barely walk. And yet I know of others who collected over 20 eggs who had not a smidgen of discomfort during that time.

Wow what a weekend it has been in here I hope I catch everyone and if I miss you please take this group hi!

BG - GL for EPU Tues
    Miss C - Glad to hear things went well with your ears
    TimNik - 1 makes a baby 2 increases the odds GL and stay postive
    Shannon - Sorry about your bday
    Lynros - Welcome
    Melsta - GL with EPU looks like good #
    BW - Great Fert Rate how are you today?
    Kell - Do hang in there I am sure it is all worth it
    Dusty - GL getting hold of FS
    Vicki - With those numbers we have still got 2-3 blaties

Well we had DH's Xmas party I lady went into labour and the other was 8 weeks pg. I know I shouldn't judge but the mothers there were takling about thier children as a hassel and if being Pg was a big issue. I know they are stressed and most probably love thier kids. Just after the last 1 1/2 years of TCC it gets a little hard to hear.

GL to all here I am waiting on AF to arrive so we can start on the AP and do BT's for FS and I do seem to be very moody this month!

that's interesting re the pain after trigger - i've felt more nausea this morning than anything else - i guess it's each to their own. yeah, i can feel my ovaries for sure, and possibly even a bit more than yesterday - but i'm not crippled over in pain or anything - in fact, i'm contemplating what house work i can get done today before DH comes home from work so i can't be feeling too bad at all!

DISCLAIMER - please note - i said i was contemplating housework - i don't think i'm really silly enough to actually DO any...

DISCLAIMER - please note - i said i was contemplating housework - i don't think i'm really silly enough to actually DO any...

BG - a girl after my own heart

jbub Guest

Hello
    Just introducing myself.
    I have had 2 laps done since end of june for excision of stage 4 endo. Last surgery was 8 weeks ago. I am now on continuous BCP until we commence IVF in January. Feeling a bit apprehensive, trying not to think about it too much but that is impossible! Have been through a bit this year with the surgeries and all the waiting. Trying accupuncture this Thurs for first time. 2 weeks until our IVF appointment with our IVF nurse.
    Any advice anyone on how to cope emotionally and physically?

Nice to meet you all and hope you are all going well with your treatments.

Default EEP!

Hi All

I have just been for a scan and I have 16 Eggs and am due for EPU on Friday. The doctor is now worried about Hyperstimulation and is saying that if my BT is out then they may not even take the eggs. This is my first time going through this and am starting to panic. What happens if they cancel?

I feel ENORMOUS!
    Thanks
    Dellydoo

Jbub - Welcome and GL
    Delly Doo - GL with BT hopefully they won't cancel drink lots of water

Thanks Tiggerlinda
    Am chugging it like crazy!

welcome jbub and dellydoo!

dellydoo - try to sneak some gatorade or something like that in there with all that water too - and don't let yourself get too stressed out - i had a bit of a meltdown after my scan last week ( i had REALLY high follicle numbers) thinking all was going to be cancelled or that i was bound for ohss - but my blood results were within the range they need, and EPU is going ahead tomorrow. i know it's gonna be a little ouchie (possibly more than a little ouchie!), and i know there is still a risk of ohss - but my clinic just take each day as it comes and, with the support of some very wise ladies on here, i've realised that i have to do the same - no point panicking today about what may be later in the week - it will be here soon enough - today i just have to get through today!

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie here. I posted in the TWW thread as well.

As I said in there, I have been a "lurker" on BB for a long time as it is a wonderful place for information and support, even if you are like me and too shy to post!

We are trying to conceive our second bub on a ICSI stim cycle - my pick up was last Wednesday and we had one embryo put back on Friday.

At my pick up I only got three eggs, but two of them fertilised and are good strong embryos. I have never been a great responder to the Puregon (this is our fourth cycle) and they keep upping my dose, but it doesn't ever seem to increase the amount of eggs (this cycle I was on 400iu, which I gather is a fairly high dose).

Having said that, though, the ones I do get are usually very good quality - of my previous three cycles, I had two pregnancies, although I lost the first one at twelve weeks to a missed miscarriage. So even though I am also always a bit down when I don't get many eggs, I always try to cheer myself up by thinking it only takes one!

At least this time we have got one frozen one, our first ever. Reading all of your posts, I'm amazed at the amount of eggs everyone seems to collect - although the OHSS certainly doesn't sound very nice at all!

Anyway, it's very nice to meet you all and I wish you all the best with your cycles!!!

Brown Bug welcome heres hoping you have a postive cycle

BG - Do you feel like a whale?

Brownbug - I know what you mean - I was far too shy to speak up and spent a lot of time nodding sagely at the computer without actually typing.

not really hun - i'm starting to feel a little more bloated, but nothing that i can't deal with!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast