Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Oct 2007 #2

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Default Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Oct 2007 #2

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows
    Sarah_H - [email protected]
    Cailin - [email protected]
    sushee - [email protected]
    tiggy - [email protected]

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Just a reminder to all: all LTers love seeing a fellow LTer achieve that longed-for BFP, and we all find hope in one of our own having success in this difficult journey. But please remember that there are those who cycled with you who may not have received good news at the end of their cycle. Please do not post pg tickers or pg related signatures (eg blinking BFP icons) etc in this forum out of respect for them.

The old thread is here

Last edited by sushee; October 16th, 2007 at 12:41 PM.

Yay Arielle Congrats!!

Hi every1 ... have heaps of catching up to do and will come back and catch up! Promise - but to all hope all is well!
    I am all of a sudden feeling really impatient! I promised myself 2 months off to relax and then go back and do IVF. But its like all the pain and sadness has dissolved and I want to just go for gold now!
    Has this happened to any1?
    I have also been reassesing my first go at it all and cant help thinking the whole process was like a drive by maccers. From one person to the next with no real consistency! I dont know if I liked that! Did anyone experience that?? Maybe I should consider shopping around! Be keen to hear your thoughts.
    Ciao for now
    Mon

slyder Guest

Far out. This has made my day. NOT.

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...913#post965913

Just want to let people know that I'm ok. DH and I have had a wonderful day with over $300 of retail therapy between us (sure, some of it was a wedding present for friends, but who cares?). We had an interesting day trooping around Sydney, visited the company he used to work for, then the company he's about to start working for, punctuated by splurges of shopping, bracketed between appointments for me at each end of the day.

I have been in the bottom of a deep, dark pit of despair yesterday, but today I'm starting to find my sense of humour again. It's all in God's hands now. Not a place where I like to be, but it's the place I think I've needed to be all along.

Congrats to Arielle, and very big thank you hugs to everyone who's left supportive messages in the last couple of days.

BW

slyder Guest

Good to hear you're coping OK, BW.

barney Guest

oh MON i am just the same as you im READY again for ivf # 2 and im just finishing af from the 1stbut im more than ready the only thing stopping me is uuummmmmmmmm $$$$$$$$ so i think ill have to wait my turn and that wont be till about dec or january.
    ps...and if what rols has just put up on the prices going up well it may not be till febuary and that will P ME OFF BIG TIME.

BW - Good to hear
    Smithy and Mon - Your babies are waiting and will be here soon

Good luck everyone else 1 hour till trigger

slyder Guest

Ooh, missed your post. Hi Mon.

Hi too to Smithy, hope you've bounced back OK.

TL, good luck with the trigger.
    Last edited by slyder; October 15th, 2007 at 08:31 PM.

TL Good luck with trigger and then rest up for EPU.

Hi Mon, i know exactly how you feel! I have 2 weeks to make a decision here and im sure i change my mind 10 times a day!

$$$$$$ I HEAR YOU!!!!

Having spent $5000 out of pocket on our stim in April (ICSI/blast) and another $1000 for our FET I'm happy to say our next stim (if we can fit it in this year to make the most of the safety net) will cost us about $1000...then add all the extra's...like the loss of income due to time off work for two miscarriages due to no sick leave left...I think we've hit the $10,000 mark for the first year out of the eight we've been at this...but this is the end of the road for us...2008 sees our 10th wedding anniversary in April...enough is enough...I want a holiday...no...I NEED a holiday...so hang in there guys...we give up alot to keep funding this journey but at least we'll never look back and wonder if we tried hard enough!

barney Guest

i hear you elli...
    rols im going well thanks for asking,i hope you and dw have a beautiful bub soon your a wonderful person for us all to have around here,dont take this the wrong way..but you know a lot for a man and i thank you for your advise and your input to bb,and being here for all of us.take care and best of luck to you and mrs rols xxx
    tiggerlinda..best of luk with your trigger tonight hun and epu
    nic im thinking of you and wondering how your epu is going good luk hun xxx

Wow ... need to read that post Rols ... that's all we need for prices to go up!
    Smithy I hear you! A few 000 to add onto the piling debt ... my big issue is work, and unfortunately can't chuck in the towel cause then wont be able to fund ivf, and then at same time trying to save so we can afford to have me stay home for first year when bubs arrives!
    So what's the deal with the safety net? Does it end at the end of the year??? And then you have to start again or reapply? Bit ignorant in that dept so if some1 can dispet that would be fab.
    Ellie ... I admire your strength ... how do you keep pushing on after 8 cycles! I truly hope your miracle arrives in time for Xmas ,.. if anyone deserves it you do!!!!
    TL ... hun, need to pop by your journal and catch up, but I see you are triggering! Great news! how exciting! SEnding lots of baby dust your way and hope you have lots of nice eggselent quality eggies!
    BW, sounds like your rollercoaster ride is the type from Nottsberry Farm (or however you spell), I am glad you are in a better place and that things look up.
    Shannon, 4's a great number - I feel this is the one for you! Stick with it, I was pretty bang on with Arielle. So nice to have a BFP around here!
    Rols, hope all is going well with you and DW.
    To every1 else big shout out and good luck with wherever you are at!
    Mon

I know the safety net resets at the start of each calendar year, and I haven't had to re-register for it each year. But this is the first time we've blown the limit.

I'm hoping to get another stim cycle in this year, and the kill next year's limit with a FET straight off the mark. Seems to be a plan to me, but we'll have to wait and see what the FS says, and haven't even made that appointment. Things will become clearer for us in due course, I think.

BW

Ellie - I agree with you I need to know I did everything
    Mon and Smithy - Thanks for the support
    Shannon - Your bubs is on the way sweet it is just a matter of when.

Trigger is gone will be at the hospital this time tomorrow Yay!

BW - glad to hear you are doing OK

arielle - YAAAAYYYYY!!! So happy for you

Thanks so much everyone! Feeling good, and now looking forward to that 6wk scan. Fingers crossed all is hunky dory!

TL - hope the trigger went ok. Wishing you much luck for tomorrow hun!

BW - glad to hear you're ok.

Rols - Wow! You got to speak to Ghandi? LOL! Did it have to be through his facilitator (the nurse), or were you lucky enough to have direct contact? I'm glad the decision has now been made easy for you, and yay for those odds. That's way cool! I hope DW's results were all good. GL!!

Carla - hope you're ok today!

Smithy & Mon - I wish I could somehow speed up time for you guys. The waiting is not fair!

Everyone else - lotsa luck and babyvibes!

Arielle

slyder Guest

Smithy, thanks very much. I don't really know much, I just crap on and use big words.

Ellie, how the hell did you end up 5K out of pocket for the stim cycle? I realise you were probably starting from scratch with the Safety Net, but even so? Even SIVF's worst case out of pocket was $3800, not including drugs and hospital. Maybe I've answered my own question - was it the hospital admission?

The $$$ thing has horrified me a bit. I'm sure I'll get used to it, and Medicare haven't released their final figures yet - I just hope they don't make it worse. With encouragement from Diva-n-Dan last night, I looked into the other clinic we have here (400km round trip away) and according to their website, a full stim is $450 out of pocket with full rebate, and a FET $30 out of pocket with full rebate. Thirty bucks! I can't see how that is possible. But other charges would soon add up I suppose as they routinely do Day 2 transfers but do blastie on request. Mind you, I'd be happy to have 7-8 Day 2's on ice for the $30 fee every time we wanted a shot. Diva reckons he (the FS down there) makes a big effort to accommodate out of towners, and you only need to be there for EPU and transfer. We have free accomm there if needed so it's worth considering for us if these frozens don't turn out to be crying pooing babies.
    Last edited by slyder; October 16th, 2007 at 10:52 AM. Reason: addition

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast