Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception October 2014
Friday 17 October 2014
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
Kel82 - taking a break PositivelyGTC - taking a break CatyO - taking a break Jo_white - saving for IVF TubbyPuff - saving for IVF Bestrong - waiting for AF Jane - waiting for Nov FET Amy_jellybean - ??? Emma09 - CD10 Pholi - CD10 Razzberry - CD11 Chellico - CD21 Spoons - CD21 Juniper76 - CD22 1 More Please - CD25 Nothing2lose - CD50
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception October 2014
So my US this morning (cd 10) showed 5 follicles again. Only 5. And epu will be Monday.
I had an emotional outburst in the clinic after the US. I think they think I'm a difficult patient now, after the fuss with the nurse that told me is go to jail for taking IVF drugs into Bali, and then this. The nurse reacted like I told her it was her fault, I don't even know now what happened. I feel like I'm holding it together most of the time, and then something tips me over the edge and I lose it. Tears, feeling like a useless little person. Can't look anyone in the eye. Ashamed of myself for feeling that way.
And they offer me counselling, but my last session with the counsellor emphasised that I'm 40, my fertility is failing month by month and that our chances of success are pretty poor. So that made feel worse, and every time I think of it I cry more.
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception October 2014
Pholi I'm so sorry you were made to feel like that, don't feel bad about your outburst its totally understandable I am sure we have all felt like that, be easy on yourself TTC and IVF truly does suck. I don't understand why the councillor would emphasise about being 40 and fertility failing, stupid stupid person we know that but its not impossible to fall pg at our age it can be done don't give up, thinking of you xxx
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception October 2014
Saturday 18 October 2014
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
Kel82 - taking a break PositivelyGTC - taking a break CatyO - taking a break Jo_white - saving for IVF TubbyPuff - saving for IVF Bestrong - waiting for AF Jane - waiting for Nov FET Amy_jellybean - ??? 1 More Please - CD1 Emma09 - CD11 Pholi - CD11 Razzberry - CD12 Chellico - CD22 Spoons - CD22 Juniper76 - CD23 Nothing2lose - CD19
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception October 2014
Pholi, don't be too hard on yourself. I'm sure you're not the first patient they've ever had who was disappointed and having a hard time with their cycle. If they can't show a little compassion and understanding they're in the wrong line of work... Hope you can enjoy your weekend and that your FS find a few surprise eggies at your EPU on Monday. xx
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception October 2014
So sorry to hear this pholi. IVF is a hard journey and we all need compassion and understanding. I have no idea why the counsellor stressed those things. Definitely not helpful. We all know far to well our individual circumstances that make falling pregnant difficult. What we need is support to cope with that and the emotional roller coaster of dreams and disappointments. Virtual hugs babe. Somedays its all about putting one foot in front of the other and then having no more expectations of ourselves. We are only human and there is only so much humans can cope with at one time. Be kind to yourself. Hugs.
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception October 2014
Sunday 19 October 2014
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
Kel82 - taking a break PositivelyGTC - taking a break CatyO - taking a break Jo_white - saving for IVF TubbyPuff - saving for IVF Bestrong - waiting for AF Jane - waiting for Nov FET Amy_jellybean - ??? 1 More Please - CD2 Emma09 - CD12 Pholi - CD12 Razzberry - CD13 Nothing2lose - CD20 Chellico - CD23 Spoons - CD23 Juniper76 - CD24
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception October 2014
Monday 20 October 2014
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
Kel82 - taking a break PositivelyGTC - taking a break CatyO - taking a break Jo_white - saving for IVF TubbyPuff - saving for IVF Bestrong - waiting for AF Jane - waiting for Nov FET Amy_jellybean - ??? 1 More Please - CD3 Emma09 - CD13 Razzberry - CD14 Nothing2lose - CD21 Chellico - CD24 Spoons - CD24 Juniper76 - CD25
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception October 2014
Thanks 1mp and Caty.
We got 6 eggs, all were mature, this time. Last round we got 8 eggs and 7 were mature, 1 disintegrated with the ICSI process, and 6 fertilized. So we'll see how the ICSI goes this time.
Last time we had 3 good embryos at day 3, but none grew past that so at day 5 we had nothing to transfer. Because we are using the embryoscope this time, the embryologists have agreed to give me a report on days 2 and 4 as well as 1, 3 and 5. So day 4 feels like the biggest hurdle this time - will they have grown on from day 3 at all- but intellectually I know that every stage is a hurdle we need to get past.
I think the helplessness is a big part of why this is so hard for me. I'm used to being able to actively guide my 'destiny' through planning and action, so this whole 'sit back and wait to see what happens' thing is hard to take.
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception October 2014
Tuesday 21 October 2014
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
Kel82 - taking a break PositivelyGTC - taking a break CatyO - taking a break Jo_white - saving for IVF TubbyPuff - saving for IVF Bestrong - waiting for AF Jane - waiting for Nov FET Spoons - waiting for lap 5 Nov Amy_jellybean - ??? 1 More Please - CD4 Emma09 - CD14 Razzberry - CD15 Nothing2lose - CD22 Chellico - CD25 Juniper76 - CD26
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception October 2014
Hi juniper, I'm CD1 today. On my wedding anniversary!! Can you put me down as 'waiting for lap on 5th Nov' or something to that effect. We're not trying this month due to that. Did you catch up on your sleep?
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception October 2014
Spoons, sorry to hear AF crashed your anniversary. I hope your lap helps.
Sorry but I had to laugh at your question about my sleep... Yesterday I was at work for 11.5 hour and had only had 2 hours of sleep (thanks to insomnia plus an early morning b/t)... Had a big sleep in on Sunday though, so that helped a little. Had another early morning b/t this morning and back again tomorrow, so kind of hoping to get a sleep in on Thursday...
Just called for today's b/t results and was told the FS wants to see me tomorrow (instead of just another b/t). Oestrogen has plateaued and no LH surge (actually a very slight drop from yesterday's), so kind of worried about what that might mean...
Bookmarks