Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Sept 2006

~Jane~ Guest

Hey Jo

I have had 9 laps with hysteroscopy,my last was in Feb this year. They are not pleasant by any stretch, most times you will need about a week off work, depending on what they find it can be quick and easy or a bit more heavy duty. It's normal to have a bit of pain afterwards and I personally react to the anesthetic. A lot of people get referred shoulder pain (from the gas they use) but this is less of a problem if you have a surgeon that leaves a small tube in one of the incisions to let the gas out. They always give you the stats of what could go wrong so that you can be informed before you go in there. Where are you located? Sounds as though your dr sees a bit of endo, sometimes it's a hard thing to treat so here's hoping you don't have it. Good luck with it, I think most of us have had at least one so we should be able to answer all your questions.

Last edited by ~Jane~; September 22nd, 2006 at 07:22 PM. Reason: I can't type LOL

Hi all
    Glad to see you are all back!!

Megan - 'i don't believe it' (uk catch frase for Mr meldrue, i may say it often, you dont have to get it though!) Iam also starting the synarel on 3/10 but have no news on when im having a bt.

Megan and Kim - congrats on getting things going and on the quiet glad that af has shown her face.

Jane - Looks like your cycle is just alittle ahead of Megan and i so I hoping that you can sprnkle any of your sticky vibes our way as you go on your journy (I will be sending mine to you express post!)i wish you the very best with your journey.

DJTTC - good to see you back to hope its not for long. I believe that the doc's have to say there are possible complications just to cover their backs. ive had both proceedures done twice and unfortunnitly i have had both complications. they poped a blood vessel during ep and have now discovered that my bowel is completly attached to my ovaries, left remaining tube uteus and what ever else i guess!!!I have survived and dont really suffer although i take a ground mix of linseed, sunflower seed and almonds every day to help me stay regular.

If you are happy with you Gyn and trust him/her it is a stem forward in your journey. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Fi - your very funny LOL and i read some where when i first signed up on a thread infertility does not discriminate!
    (hope i got that right?)

A huge hello to all

Jane, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better on the pill. I have been very surprised. I felt extremely dodgy the morning after I took my first one, only a little dodgy the day after and have been fine ever since. I've never been on this particular brand before...I wonder if that makes a difference?? I'm relieved though. Would love to have no side effects for the rest of my cycle!

Lou, well I guess you could say we are cycle buddies!! lol We'll probably be having EPU's and transfers within days of each other if our bodies do what they are supposed to! I'm getting excited now....but trying to keep calm because I don't want to get my hopes up.

Jo, good luck with all of your tests on the 4th. I haven't had any of those tests done before so sorry I don't have much to offer in the way of advice! Just that I will be thinking of you and I hope everything is ok.

Megan & Kim....hooray for AF finally showing! It's all happening in here at the moment!
    Good luck for this cycle, and I'm hoping for regular updates from you!

Nothing new here since I last posted!
    Have a great weekend everyone.

SamT Guest

Hi Girls,

Thank you for the warm welcomes, it is great to have a few of us at the same stage so we are all in it together! I have a blood test and ultrasound on Monday, and a job interview, so it is a big day!

Jo - I have had 2 laps (in 2001 and 2005), both to treat endo, and like Jane anaesthetic is not my friend, and the morphine they gave me for pain was even less of a friend! After the first one I have really bad shoulder pain from the gas, and every now and then I get it out of nowhere. Basically I had quite a bit of bleeding for a few days afterwards and a swollen, very sore belly, I needed a minimum of a week off work. I was terrified the first time as I had never had surgery before, but all those warnings really are just a worst case scenario. If you do have endo you will be relieved to get rid of it believe me!

Megan - The first few days of synarel were awful, I had headaches and was really dizzy, hot and basically felt terrible, I was cranky and mean too! When AF came that seemed to clear up, and it has been easier this month. I believe they use it to treat endo so Ithink it must be doing something good in there! How are you going?

Jane - Yep, another endo girl. It's funny, most people I know haven't heard of it, but in here I see so many people actually have it.

Lou - You are right about needing a break After I had my lap last year I was on a big high thinking things would happen naturally, obviously they didn't and I had a hard time with that. We used to live in a remote location and had to fight DH's work like hell for a transfer. Now we are just stoked to be here and getting on with it, and trying to stay really positive, which can be hard for me sometimes (DH is great at being positive!) but it sure beats making myself miserable! Good luck with #5 I will be sending you loads of sticky vibes.

xoxo

Sam, where in the NT are you? I lived in Darwin growing up and I really miss it in some ways - especially the weather! I love the Northern Territory...must get back for a trip in the not too distant future.

SamT Guest

Hi Megan. I am in Darwin, we moved up from Adelaide just over 2 years ago, but we spent 9 months here, then 18 months in Tennant Creek, and have been back for a month. I love it too, we had the first rain of the wet last night and it was beautiful. DH Grew up here and moved to Adelaide about 8 years ago, he brought me up for a holiday and we decided to move but it took 5 years before we did!

I lived in Leanyer and then Palmerston (when it was a brand new town). I hear it is massive now and still have some family living there. I haven't been back for 10 years though so I imagine it's changed a lot.
    Ahh the rain. I really miss that heavy rain and the storms. Ok, you've made me want to go back now! lol

YAY Megan and Kim! Hope it all goes well for you both this month.

Jo - That's good that your test came back good.

A BIG Hello to everyone else We have been without the internet since Wednesday and only got it back today, hopefully it won't happen again. We are off next week to my parents so will catch up with you all when I get back. AF arrived today. I thought this month was a good chance.... anyway all this business with no internet has taken my mind away from having to think about AF visiting.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

Nic

SamT Guest

We live in Palmerston, it has grown heaps, I first came up in 1999 for a holiday and it is massive now compared to then. The first time we drove out here on that holiday, DH was whinging he had to drive so far to visit his mate and calling it "palmerslum", then 10minutes later we were at his mates and he was like "it's not as far as I remember"! We love it up here, moving here was the best thing we ever did.

Sorry for making you homesick!

I'm concerned for my DH!! I have been such a B***H today and I feel like I have no control over it. Another symptom of the pill it seems as I remember feeling this way on it before and is another reason I was rarely on it.
    It's awful. Woke up this morning, got up to find DH had vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen and he made some innocent comment and I snapped at him. It hasn't stopped all day. We went out for lunch and I was awful to him while we were there and then the tears started. Whats wrong with me??
    I have just had a 2 hour nana nap and DH is now hiding upstairs on the computer! lol
    I feel really bad and concerned about how I will be when I'm on the synarel if this is what I'm like now.

SamT Guest

Hey Megan, I was a horror on the pill too, luckily they didn't give it to me before the synarel, but when I took it for contraception (if only I knew that I didn't need it!!!) I was pretty cranky and could never find one that didn't make me sick. I am not sure what experience others have had with synarel, but I was a tired grumpy b***h for the first 4-5 days, and then okay after that. I am not sure if it was the medication itself or the whole ivf reality setting in that made me so cranky and emotional. Who knows??? I hope you start feeling better soon mate.

If anyone would be willing to share their experiences with the different medications with us newbies it would be super helpful! Warnings from a packet or nurses isn't the same as first hand experience.

I hope eveyone is well.
    Last edited by SamT; September 23rd, 2006 at 11:24 PM. Reason: I am a grammar nazi!

Thanks Sam. Good to hear that I'm not alone! Thankfully I have been a bit better today. DH asked me if I wanted some time to myself and offered to do the grocery shopping. So, off he went to the gym and shopping and I had 3 blissful hours to myself. Bless him! I slept, watched telly and surfed the net a bit. I think it was what I needed. I have been suffering with a bad headache for most of the day, but I can cope with that if I can have time to chill out and relax a bit.

Good point, wondering if the mood swings are drug related or an emotional reaction to the whole concept of "I'm actually going through with IVF". I guess I will just have to see how the next couple of weeks progress. I'm not even near the hard part yet! lol

Hi girls,
    I am not posting much but doing a bit of lurking. I am in the middle of my second IVF cycle at present and finding it both emotionally and physically more draining than the first. We did the first one with no real expectations of getting a good result and I did not find it difficult at all, with no bad or emotional reactions to the drugs, although with hindsight I was more tired, especially on the crinone in the 2ww. We got pg, but sadly miscarried, so we are doing it again. This time we have alot riding on it as it is our last go and I guess, cos last time was successful I have higher expectations, even though I am trying not to. Anyway am on day 4 of injections and have been really tired since starting synarel and after about 8 days of synarel have been an absolute b*&tch. For me, the reactions have been due to the emotions of what is riding on this cycle, not due to the actual drugs I think. When I did the first cycle, I thought the whole thing was a breeze but I now have a new great admiration for people that keep going back again and again as it is very difficult emotionally.

Anney, I hope you get your BFP this cycle. Please keep popping in to let us know how you are going.

hi girls,

wow ivf is tough isn't it? My heart goes out to every one of you! I am off to see dr Grownow tomorrow to discuss our options for IUI. I am excited and scared!

Take Care
    Racheal

I hope every one is having a fantastic week.

Megan - I hate to break up our little union already but i saw my Gyn today and she wants to get going a bit eariler as she's going on hols on the 5th Nov and i guess she wants to have our little embies back in befor then so that she can do it. She emailed the nurses tonight and I should hear if its possible in the next couple of days. I hope that doesnt mean that i have to double up with the spray though as thats what i did last time!

Jane - i hope the treatment is going well for you at the moment ? Please drop in and let us know how your doing

Zap - im sorry but could you explain (or someone reading this) what IUI is as ive never had any other option other than IVF so not looked into anything else.

anney - i really hope this is the cycle for you please dont put too much preasure on yourself, i know that is much easier to say or write and please do quote me on it when im up to the same stage as you are now in your cycle.

Sam T - I can really relate to you. I look back and think wow what a b!tch i was on syneral, but at the time thought it was everyone else. i have said b4 when i am doing a cycle i try very hard to have everything in harmony and it really doesnt work with the drugs and stress we are under, and as hard as it is to say i am getting better with the more cycles im doing and i think DH is getting better at tolrating (sp?) me!Last time i was a bit more relaxed although i did kick up a fuss about taking tww off work and was advised by my chinese herbilist to do NOTHING (which i took liturally), no cooking (not that i do anyway)No cleaning and no heavy lifting (I work in a babies room) I did get pg but am now in the dilema of what to do for this cycle as i have no holiday left and work can be a bit funning about having time off. am in the process of discussing with DH and boss (who is fantastic)

To anyone who ive forgotten xxnext timexx

Sorry to hijack your thread girls....

Lou, that's great news! Can't wait to hear when it's all happening. I'm always here for you hun

Racheal, is your Dr Gronow, Michael Gronow in Melb? Just asking cos my Ob shares hols etc with him and it looks like my Ob might be away when I'm due. If it is the same one, do you mind if I ask you some questions about him? You can post in TTCAML thread if you don't want to do it here........TIA!

Best of luck to everyone else in here, you are all such brave women!

Its so great to see so many of you ladies all underway with something going on - makes the chance higher that at least a few of you will graduate from this journey.... hope this helps you out

BTW got to love some of the names of these doctors (especially when they are in the IVF game) - Dr Grownow! HAR! Classic.... My current doc also has a good one - Dr Sacks! hee hee hee

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast