Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC, Infertility & IVF - August 2005 #3

Default ivf

Hey ladies

quick update, i found out about the sunshine clinic it is part of mivf

Thanks blue for the suggestion to google search it!!

Thanks for telling me about the chokky Caz, eeeeek. Hope I haven't done any damage!! Hope it's a funny movie to cheer you up. A tear-jerker can be good too - cathartic - get rid of that pent-up frustration. Can certainly relate to the empty bank a/c. About 10 years ago I had some Reiki done (one of the natural therapies I tried). I remember the lady told me it's a good idea to follow creative pursuits while TTC. It's supposed to get your mind/body/spirit into the whole idea of creating a baby. Maybe you could draw something/design something silly in PowerPoint or anything - even if it does look dumb?
    Hi Blue, nice to have someone to count down with. What does POAS mean?
    Glad it's a great day in Melbourne, it's blowing a gale here on the sunny Central Coast of NSW. Lucky I don't own any red shoes.
    Have a great weekend everyone.
    Sue
    :flower:

cazzoom Guest

POAS means Pee On A Stick

wow on the creative thing.
    the thing is I spend most of my time either crosstitching, knitting or reborning. perhaps I am being too creative!!! lol.

Cazz

Hi sue
    and welcome to the wonderful world of the TTW ](*,) next week is going to be very very interesting [-o< hard girls
    maybe we should start a picket line

Cazz, I was obviously singin' to the choir with the creative stuff. Keep it up. What is reborning? By the way, I've eaten a mandarin and salad since I got the chokky news. Don't think that's going to cancel the 6 MSB's I gobbled last night. Had my usual thigh and lower back pre-period pain so needed some comfort. It's still hovering very slightly, I'm telling myselft it's the Crinone, or my endo reacting to the hormones! Are you getting to see ANY of that movie? It's an icky day here, I'm just about to stick my head in a Patricia Cornwell book. See how many pages I can read before I realise I haven't retained any of it because I'm too busy wondering about emby????
    Shazz, ROFL :chairfall: at your picket line suggestion. I'm there. After reading all these posts, I think it would go all the way around Australia. Hey, there's a thought. Heighten ART awareness around the country and maybe some of those mindless pollys who want to cut Medicare funding for ART may wake up or at least do a bit more research. Sorry - at my age (42) that's a sensitive topic! :soapbox:
    Sue

Thanks Trish, are the injections in a pen? or does it vary? Only a couple of days til I find out!

Blue, sorry my mistake, I meant 2 in the am and 2 in the pm (I use 8am/8pm) realised how that looked, oops!!!!

Humphrey, Had a giggle at you hiding from the MIL, how handy it must be to have a second story at times...

Babydreams - good on you for staying strong and resisting the magnetic forces of the pee sticks! Keep it up!!!

Sue - you are a bloody legend. 15 years is a long time to go through infertility hell. Thats truly inspiring!

Cazz - My suggestions for 2ww time wasting include spring cleaning the house. twice. just to make sure you got everything. Ordering photos from the last 20 years. Writing an email or letter to every friend and relative you have, even you spoke to them yesterday. Trying to get those googlewhacks - googling something that comes up with just one result. lol, what a boring life I lead!!!!

On the creative thing, I find mosaicing to be my cathartic release, but I never find time to do it... what with all my spring cleaning... :-s

cazzoom Guest

Sue Reborning is when you take an ordinady children's baby doll like this

pull it apart and transform it into a real looking baby. these babies were made from the above doll!

What a great idea Cazz. I have a doll I got when I was learning infant massage instruction which is just perfect for this!! Why hadn't I thought of that before!!!
    You certainly know all the stuff.
    Sue :flower:

Hi Sue42 and welcome,
    Just thought I would introduce myself as I saw in your intro you were wanting to chat to OLD people I am 43 and have been hanging out here for over a year TTC naturally. I am not around much at the moment, as we have just made the decision to do IVF, probably with donor eggs - so I have joined another board to learn more about that.
    But I still pop in occasionally to see how everyone is doing.
    Hope you get the success you want this time around. By the way, on this board I have just joined there are women doing IVF with their own eggs still at 47 so you may have a few years left.

Thanks Anney.
    I needed that inspirational message about the age thing. My cramping has increased in the past hour or so 8-[ .
    Lucky I've taken a couple of weeks off work. I'm sure several people would ending losing their heads for no reason whatsoever.
    Have been feeling positive up until the cramps.
    Here's my chant:
    It's just crinone cramps, it's just crinone cramps, it's just crinone cramps
    Sue

oh bugger it ....... :smt016 :smt016 i feel like i am going to go mad!!!!

Some one stop the rollercoaster :feelsick: i 'm gunna throw up
    arrrrrrrrrrrrgh

i have i told you all

I Hate The TWW

You poor love! I share your hate if that helps any! We should have a compil;ed list of ways to kill time that we can all contribute to to share ideas to keep busy!

I'm on the bus with you guys as well. Maybe I'm a bit luckier though. I only found this forum yesterday. I've spent the whole day reading threads!!
    I still hate it though. Tomorrow I may sit down and calculate how many months I've been TTC over 15 years. There, I've made a plan for tomorrow.
    Come on all you 2WWers. Post 1 plan for tomorrow!
    Sue
    B/T 29/8/05

my Plan for tomorrow

1. do a bit of this [-o<
    2. chant a little to saint Jude
    3. :af: get the voodoo needles out
    4. (dh) probably yell at him
    5. :smt024 talk to you all for awhile see how you are all doing
    6. :sleeping: catch a few zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    7. :eat: should bring me to lunch
    8. [-o< some more
    9. :-({|= have a little pity party cause i didn't buy and HPT and i want to know NOW
    10. :sleeping: few more of these zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    11. :eat: bit of this
    12. :sleeping: back to catching zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

sounds riveting \/

Well, at least that killed 10 minutes of your time??? Didn't take your mind off it but picking out all those emoticons got all the CREATIVE juices flowing...
    I just made my caterpillar. This little exercise is almost 2 months long...aaaggghhh
    Sue

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Hi Sue
    glad you found us - your right blowing a gale In Sydney - LOL at red shoes - Dorothy come and sing us one of your songs
    It is the crinone cramps - keep telling yourself....

Kelly - yes it is in a pen most of time - unless you go to Shazz's clinic

Shez- best of luck for Tuesday scan thanks for :bluestick: inkstick:

Shazz - no POAS [-X --way too early
    I loved your list I am going to church to kill a few hrs and [-o<
    Love the picket line

Thanks Anney - you always inspire us -have you found much info ?

Humphrey - guess you have been busy with dear MIL - hey does your cycle start tomorrow ? roll on FET

Cazz
    - think calm thought and chant positive ones that should kill a few minutes. Cazz - BTW your Q. not that you will need it - but down reg is one type of cycle - always ask Dr about other otpions -Flare - google what this involves but not as long.

I love those reborn dolls - a lady I met made one and called her Charlotte after my DD - she wanted ask if I wanted to buy it but I couldn't - it wasn't anything like I imagined Charlotte to be and wasn't so much a baby doll as older bub. Yours are gorgeous - I thought of buying another -she had them on ebay - but I never could.

How did you get pictures in :smt102 ? I tried once and nothing ](*,)

I am sticking with my crosstitch missed last night and tonight on BB atm but finished the cookatoo -light sky blue ob white - soooo hard I am pleased to move on to 'A'

Blue - I am travelling FINE - but remarkable calm - must be all my chanting - and I read people who spend a lot of time talking to friends are less stressed and more healthy.

Zap Racheal goodluck for Wednesday -

I found a 2ww wait website - pretty neat - hope I can find it again and I 'll PM you the link 2ww's

Great idea who ever it was about powerpoint I was thinking of doing one for Charlotte - to send to my family but a funny 2ww one will be good to keep me busy.

I go to work but I don't do much - LOL - lucky I sleep with the 'boss' (actually I am the real boss I just let him think he is) or I'd get the sack.
    Every night we have been having candle light dinners - he is so sweet.

Keen how are you ?

Ness - we miss you and wonder where you are up too the past week ?

Sheree - how are you going and your precious embies ? thinking of you

Ali - where are you up with your next cycle ?

Tam - has Af shown up ? roll on your FET inkstick: :bluestick:

Mel - how are going ?

Nola- have you popped in again ?

Ann- when does your clinic reopen for your next cycle ?

Bee - we haven't seen you for ages I hope you are okay after last cyel disappointment

Chris - hello my friend - how are you travelling with those gallstones ?

Leisa & Janee how are you - are you lurking somewhere please say hi and tell us where you are up too.

:bluestick: inkstick:
    dust: :bdust:
    to us all

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Killing time ....

Had to add my quirky DH - whenever we go to FS - there are pink and blue fabric chairs almost alternatively arranged - he always tells me to sit in pink one ... and him the blue LOL -

what silly things does your DH do to make you laugh ?

this should get some discussion - only positive comments please no :smt062 no :smt014

Trish, that's amazing. I have trouble keeping track of everyone. Lucky you're here to do it. I had the brainwave about the PowerPoint slides. Might add that to my list of things to do 2mrw.
    Cazz & Shazz - I hope you both made it through the day in one piece [-o<
    This ole 1-emby-on-board gal is off to squeeze some more Cramping Crinone up there and catch some zzzzzzzz's. I hope this doesn't sound :-({|= but I have to say this. I can't tell you how much better I feel today after chatting with you all, reading about you all and knowing that I'm on the same rung of the ladder as a few of you at the same time.
    Keen - can you please add me to the list of 2WW's? I posted my details yesterday. At least I think it was yesterday. :smt102 I am very very vague at the moment and I feel as though I haven't moved from this chair in ages. :smt024
    Hope to catch up with some of you 2mrw.
    Sue

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast