Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC, Infertility & IVF - August 2005

Blue Sky Guest

Ali - I'm so sorry to hear AF showed up. Take care of yourself sweetie :hugs:

Thanks Trish & Blue,

I just rang the nurses at MIVF (they are soooo lovely). You remember how my dr was an arrogant P$&% and didn't tell me anything about the quality of our embies or why the other didn't fertilise...well, it turns out the embies that were transferred were 4 cell grade 3 (which isn't great!!) and the one that was frozen wasn't even as good as that. When I told Nurse how I felt & what had happened she said that it wasn't good enough and so it doesn't happen to anyone else or me, I need to make a complaint. I also spoke to her in relation to changing dr's and if it was possible. That's what I'm going to do, I need a "nice" dr who tells us what on earth is going on.

Thanks again

Ali xxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,
    So sorry Ali, about AF arriving and the treatment by the doc. You should have been told about the embie quality so that you didn't have your hopes up. Unless this guy is a miracle worker, you should change.
    Sush, Am thinking of you and have everything crossed that it will be good news.
    You too Keen. You sound like you are not spending the weekend totally obsessed!
    I am going to be around even less as I have joined a forum for people who have given and received donor eggs but I will be back to check on everyone regularly.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Anney don't go too far away we will miss you
    best of luck with your next journey
    I am interested in this topic too

Ali - that is so unprofessional of DR :smt021 and caring of nurse :flower:
    I am so sorry you had to find out like that .Change Dr's ! Good idea.

Did anyone hear Holly Hunter (from The Piano) is 47 is pregnant with twins I was going to google and she if they are IVF / donor

Sushee and Keen have you been tempted by ????

How is everyone else Ann, Bee, Tam, Janee, Leisa, Shazz & Kelly ?

Lynney - we haven't seen you for ages

Ness - when does next cycle start ?

Cazz- hope you are feeling better

Humphrey -when does cycle start ?

Hi to everyone else - are we busy this beautiful Saturday ?

Ali - so very sorry to hear your news honey. I hope you get better care with your next Dr - it's really not acceptable. Will you be able to do a FET or do you have to do a fresh one?

Look after yourself

Thanks Trish & Humphrey,

Trish - I will prob be doing another stim cycle as the one we have frozen prob won't be of very high quality.

Can you guys tell me anything about the different grades of embryo's, even what your own personal experiences have been.

Thanks

Ali xxxxxxxxx

I had my ultrasounds today to check for any cysts from the endo before I start my treatment. Aaaaarrrhhhh - I'd forgotten that feeling of cold gel in my never nevers.

I'm not pinning much hope on the FET as I have only one frostie but my Dr would only have transferred 1 anyway if there had been more - he's very anti-multiple transfers. He said this one is as good quality as my first one which stuck, so

Trish - how many will you have transferred this cycle?

Blue Sky Guest

Keen – Glad you liked the sprinkles. Am going to send you lots of sticky vibe sprinkles too!! :bluestick: :bluestick:

Sushee – Have my fingers crossed that it all goes well for you tomorrow. Must be nerve wrecking for you at the moment. Here’s some sprinkles for you too! :bluestick: :bluestick:

Humphrey – Hope it all works out for your FET cycle and that AF arrives in a timely fashion for you! He he – I know what you mean about the cold gel!

Mel – am thinking of you bringing your Pusster home. Can’t be easy for you. Thanks for the offer about the acupuncture info – have sent you an email. I saw an article in the paper today about it too. Might be worth a go.

Caz & Shazz – both your follie numbers sound good. Not long to go for your EPUs & transfers next week.

Sheree – rotten virus, hope you’re feeling better soon.

Trish – I read that about Holly as well and my first thought was, hmmm wonder if is an IVF bub. Thought the same about Julia Roberts. Did you watch the Amazing Race final? I had a tear when they said that they were going to use the $$ for IVF. (sorry if that is giving away the winner if anyone hasn’t seen it yet)

Shez – good luck with the BT & appt on Monday. You’ll be jabbing before you know it.

Ali – Hope you’re able to transfer to a Dr you feel more comfortable with. Is it a matter of getting a GP referral to the Dr you want to see? Am glad the nurses were supportive. I didn’t think to ask about the quality of our embies. We just got told that they all looked good. Will know what to ask next time.

Hope you’re all enjoying the weekend. Take care of yourselves,
    blue

Ali - I'm very sorry about the cycle. I have PM'd you about the doctor situation. I've met more than one nice one at MIVF so I hope you find plenty to choose from. You're right, the nurses there are lovely. I've always had my questions answered kindly and respectfully and the overall service there is of a very high standard.

Blue - thanks and I hope the acupuncture works for you. I really quite like the sessions ... so relaxing. Sometimes I even nod off!

Keen and Sushee .... I'm on tenterhooks here! Hoping it is all going well.

Anney - Don't be too much of a stranger because we'll miss you here. Hope you find lots of friendship and support in the new forum and (hopefully) lots of good information about donor eggs.

Humphrey - I know you're not feeling optimistic but good luck with the FET.

Trish - no, I hadn't heard that news but now I'll go and look. Of celebrities I've heard of that have had IVF, I can name a few: Courteney Cox, Alex Kingston (formerly of ER), Julia Roberts, Brooke Shields ... I'm sure there are more.

Had a tiring day at the shops, trying to get a few more bras. There weren't any to be found. I will try Target tomorrow if I can get my courage up for the expedition.

Hope everyone is well and having a nice weekend.

Love,

Mel

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Hi Mel - enjoy the retail therapy - you will be geeting lots of it as you grow.

Me -I have another b/t tomorrow - yes Sunday at 7.45am #-o - just what we need for our only day off - get up 1 hr earlier than a workday and leave home by 7am but I am considering myself blessed - at least they are monitoring me for O' carefully - though I told them I ovulate about day 13 - and tomorrow only day 10 /11 -maybe I am wrong :-s

Humhrey - don't give up hope - you have proof IVF works and you have good eggs.

Have a nice sleep in for me everyone - lucky DS is away at friends - great of him to organise this without even knowing - he is not a morning person.

Poor Dh is gets to come for the ride (drive me) - he joked the clinic are trying to get us used to what it is like having a baby -late nights and early mornings.

tiggy Guest

Trish,

Good Luck for tomorrow, thinking of you

Tiff

Ali, thinking of you at this bad time. It's never nice.

Trish, I know what you mean about all the trips for BT, etc. Sometimes it feels like it take so much time. Or times are in between 7-9am. It's not too bad if it's a work day, but a pain if it isn't.

Sheree, how're you going on your stims, starting to feel anything yet. I remember last cycle you got hormonal feelings at CD3.

Ali, your dr leaves me speachless, it amazes me sometimes that people choose a job that they don't suit personality-wise. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Well everyone's keeping busy in here, I remember a couple of months ago when there was practically nothing happening, and look at it in here now!! At least we are getting a steady exit rate, my memory of where everyone is at might get better then.

Take care & enjoy the rest of your weekends.

Hi girls

Well, AF is very very light, not even red, just brown and barely even that. Is it too late for an implantation bleed? I'm clutching at straws here I think........

Ali xxxxxxx

Blue Sky Guest

Ali - fingers crossed that it is an implantation bleed! Sorry, I cant offer any advice for you on it though. When is your BT?

Sushee - today's the day! [-o< [-o< [-o<

Trish - I hate early mornings on the weekend too. Hope you can spoil yourselves with a nice breakfast afterward.

Me, I'm off to the markets this morning. Then I might have to catch up on some homework.. #-o . Will be lurking every now and then - I can feel some good news coming today!

Take care
    Blue

GO SUSHEE, am wishing so hard that'll be fantastic news for you today xxxxxxxx

Blue - Thanks for your thoughts but I'm afraid its in full force now........

Keen - How are you going? Have you managed to steer clear of those horrible HPT?

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful weekend so far xxxxxxxxx

Ali xxxx

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Friday I called my clinic because my tummy was so distended I couldn't put on my work pants. They told me to come in yesterday for a blood test.

:-$

There may be good reason for the bloatedness

:-#

But I don't want to say anything yet.

[-o<

So I won't be on between now and Thurs, when I have my next BT. So please, everyone, please :-$ until Thurs. I promise I'll post on that day one way or the other.

love
    sushee

Awesome Sushee, we look forward to hearing the good news.

*Sits quietly* [-o<

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast