Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC, Infertility & IVF - August/September '05

Blue, it's hard to know which way to jump, I know. Hey, maybe there's still a chance?
    I'm a big believer in peace of mind being the most valuable thing you can have. Also in giving the body a rest not to mention your emotions. But, emotionally, you'll still be "trying" naturally anyway!!! Whether you know it or not. Summer's always a good incentive to lose weight, I found out my swimmers talk the other day. They said "you've got the body of a 43 year old". Ouch. I don't know how old you are but I can tell you, I used to be a rake. Hit 35 and I got hips. But, at least I got bbs too. Hit 40 and everything started to head south. Now I'm starting to get bye bye arms. You know the ones, you wave and after you stop, the underneath part of your arms are still waving bye bye. School, I am lost there??? Money, don't rush into anything for that reason if you don't feel right in your mind/body/heart about it. Mind you, I used to have gaps of a year - that's tooooooo long. You're lucky you've got frosties. For some women, those cycles are more successful because they're bodies aren't pumped full of drugs. How knows? There's no rhyme or reason to it - I know that much.
    Me, yep, back at work tomorrow. Will be good to get back into the "real" world and put things into perspective. Had a lovely Father's Day, cooked for my parents. It was raining here on the CC - the BBQ idea had to be canned. Then I did 2 hours ironing with Norah J, Eva C and Madeleine P. Blaring music with good words - fantastic therapy.
    Oooops - that's a bit long - sorry folks.
    Take care Blue and give yourself time to catch up with yourself.
    Sue

Blue Sky Guest

Sue - My bathers/swimmers talk too. They say, "get away from me fatty - you're not fitting in here!!" hehehehe
    I know what you mean about getting a sense of normality at work. One reason I havent told anyone at work about my IVF is that I wanted a place to not have to deal with it. Sorry - I've not expressed myself properly, I hope you get what I mean. About school - I'm studying at uni part time. I get lost there too!! tee hee
    Glad you had a nice day with your folks - pitty its a rotten day where you are. A pitty about the ironing too - I hate ironing!!
    Thanks for your advice. I'll meditate/sleep/think on it.
    Speaking of work, I'd best go get my stuff ready!!
    take care,
    blue
    xx

Blue - I'm so sorry, I guess your BB name sums up how you must be feeling at the moment. Life is just so cruel sometimes. I'm thinking of you & praying for it to have just been some kind of lab error xxxxxxxx

I'm still waiting on AF, studpid Bl%&y witch, just when I want her to show up on time she keeps me waiting.....................

Hope everyone else has had a lovely weekend.

Love

Ali xxxxxxxx

Grr.... ovaries are not coming to the party so it's another BT tomorrow. At my initial appointment I remember the nurse saying "you'd be very unlucky to have 4 BT before they pick O". Good ol' unlucky me!

Tam - I only have one embie left (blast) so if it survives the thaw, it's on it's own. It is 2 years old now so there's a good chance I won't even make it to transfer. But if I do and it sticks, it will be my DS fraternal bro/sis - cute!

Hi Guys well officially in the TWW. Using pessaries again what fun!! I am doing three weeks of night duty so hoping the wierd hours will help me "forget" the TWW (yeh right!!). I had quite significant pain this time after the insemm.
    Dr told me if this doesn't work then he's a banana.. have lined up a big monkey to eat him just in case!!
    Thanks to all for the well wishes

Blue so sorry about your BT result, still [-o< it was work experience related error!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Blue,

I'm so sorry to read your news. I hope you're taking it easy on yourself.

love
    sushee

Sushee - How are you & precious bub going?

Ali xxxxxxxxx

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Ali,

all in all, I think we are both as good as can be expected. I'm a little less neurotic with each passing day, if you can believe that! I knicker-check a little less everyday, and am not as scared of every little twinge. Lol!

I have to admit to feeling very much like I straddle the pg forum and this forum, as I identify still with so much of what you all are going through. The heartache and feelings of 'when will it happen to me?' are still fresh to me, not something I will easily forget, and is something I strongly empathise with.

This does not mean I don't realise how lucky I am and how much I'm enjoying every little thing (even the m/s), but I still feel the kinship with all of you, and pray and hope that 'when will it happen to me?' for all of you will be sooner than you expect.

love
    sushee

tiggy Guest

Here, here, Sushee!

Sushee

I'm so glad it is all going well for you, it's so understandable to be a bit paranoid, after all it's been such a long hard road for you to get to this point.

Don't for one minute feel like you can't jump in with this forum still, as you would understand for previous pg girls, it really gives us hope here.

I'm just sitting around waiting for AF to arrive at mo so I can start another cycle, a clomid, fsh & antagonist cycle, much more like your flare I imagine.

Anyway, take care of yourselves.

Love

Ali xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That was really such a beautiful post to read Sushee.

I have been for a BT and will get results this arvo to see if the puregon is doing its job and to what extent. Its feeling a bit like a never ending process at the moment. Is that because its down reg (and it took 2 weeks of synarel to be ready for puregon)? Pain in the bum!

hi girls

Well feel a little sorry for myself today. poas again this morning and one again so af is on her way and that explains my moods.

I am getting so sick of this month after month when is it going to be my turn??

DH has go away to work this week just as well as i know i am going to be hell on earth to live with.

Every month i talk myself into thinking this is it this is the month but all i find is dissapointment.

Sorry to bring you all down i am just really sad today.

Racheal

Racheal, no probs on the downer, we all are probably thinking the same!

Shez, yah on getting to the TWW, hope to join you soon. Yuk on the pessaries, I got mine today too.

Had BT & scan. Lining is up to 9-10mm so that's fine, just have to wait for BT results to see if E2 is up from having the Primogin shots. Son't really want to have any more if I can help it, it would probably mean having to go back in to the clinic.

Take care

BT results must have been ok (I should start asking for numbers) - anyway, I am to stay on the same dose and go in for my first scan this Thursday. How exciting!

I am so frustrated though because everytime I need something like this, or someone to watch DS while I have something done, DH always has something on at work. Every single time. I feel like I am doing this on my own. As I just said to him - heaven forbid if he has work on the day he needs to give a sperm sample for the IUI. It sucks. May as well do the whole thing on my own. He is being reduced to just a sperm donator at the moment. He says he can't help it, its work, but I end up feeling totally alone and unsupported as a result. Really upset by this, but what can I do??

Babybliss - It can be such a hard time on relationship, can't it. I know exactly how you feel and to be honest I really don't think there is much else you can do other than tell him how you are feeling or maybe go and see one of the IVF counsellors together and you may be able to get your point across a bit better that way.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but no that you're not alone in the way you are feeling. You can be sure if the males were going thru what we go thru there would be no IVF babies.

Thinking of you

Ali xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

=D> =D> =D> Yay for my ovaries!!! ET scheduled for Saturday and starting oogy woogy pessaries on Wednesday night - yummo!

Racheal - you are entitled to feel down, it's just not supposed to be this hard!!!!! Feel free to blubber away here - I think we all do at least once a month.

Babybliss - I know exactly how you feel. My DH had the nerve to complain about me making too much noise when I had to get up at 5.45am this morning for another BT. Considering this is the 4th morning I've had to do this and I'm a walking zombie as I'm suffering from a head cold as well - I could have done with a little more support. Now he's happy that ET is Saturday so it doesn't interfere with his work (unlike me who has to take the day off work Sat). But just when I'm fed up with him he does something really nice to give me a break - last night he had to cook his own fathers day dinner as I was stuffed. I dunno what to do - I let him know it when I'm peeved & he sucks up to me for a while. So I guess you need to let it out, otherwise it stews inside and your body doesn't need any more stress.

Miss you Keen and Trish, hope you are both well.

Blue Sky Guest

Yay for Humph's ovaries!! Good luck for Saturday!! Am hoping and wishing and praying and rubbing my dog's foot (dont have a rabbit) for you!!

=D> \/ =D>

Yah for you Humphrey, for Saturday ET.

blue, you crack me up, I'd have to rub my cats feet.

Kelly, I know the feeling exactly, everything you've said plus more.
    And Ali, you're right about there being no IVF babies if men had to do it.

Take care

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast