Thread: Long Term TTC, Infertility & IVF - July 2005 #4

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hello chickadees,

just a quick update re my emby bubbies:

2 X 2 cell (ungraded)
    2 X 4 cell (grade 1)
    1 X 4 cell (grade 2)
    1 X 5 cell (grade 2)

They're happy with the 4 more advanced ones, especially as they're grade 1 or high grade 2s. The others, they're hoping will still progress, but have warned me to be prepared for them not to make it.

I'm just stoked all 6 are still going! Go bubbies, go!

love
    sushee

PS Keen, you feeling the discomfort yet?

Sush, going good. I bet you are happy. I was suprised at how my numbers dropped, but in the end it was 50% at blast so was happy with that overall.
    Hope you are feeling better healthwise as well.

Take care

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Thanks Tam

I am happy! Of course it'll be nerve-wracking from here on in. I sorta expected to still have 6 today (Day 1) and would have been crushed if I didn't. Whether or not they stay at 6 from here on in will be the big test!

BTW when's your AF due? You and Sheree going to be cycle buds again?

love
    sushee

Hi girls

Great news Sushee - you've got some good strongies there!!!

I have my transfer at 10.20am tomorrow. They couldn't tell me how many fertilised, I have to wait until tomorrow.

Take care

Ali xxxxxx

I think Sheree might be 1 or 2 weeks ahead of me, my stim cycle lasted 5 weeks. AF should be around mid August, so not sure if ET will be end of August or beginning of September. When I have a natural cycle it seems to go out to 5 weeks, so really just don't know.

Take care

Good luck to you too Ali, I'm sure there'll be a few there!!

You poor thing Ali - not knowing how many embies you have must be killing you. At least they'll be tucked away safely tomorrow in your belly belly.

Good news Sush. I was similar to you on my last cycle - 12 eggies, 6 fertilized, 2 made it to blasts and one transferred (who is now chewing on my computer cord). I know this is the one for you honey.

Thanks for the well wishes girls

Humphrey - I have to admit it is killing me, I was all hyped to find out how many and was counting down the hours until I could find out and then they wouldn't tell me. Don't get me wrong I'm stoked that we have made it this far and I know that there must be at least one, but I still had a bit of a sook, I am sooooo impatient!!!

Anyway, will know more tomorrow

Ali xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hopefully my flare cycle will start 2/8

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Ali - it would be so frustrating not knowing but hang in there I am thinking of you

Sheree - that is good news starting in a weeks time - wishing you the best

Tam -I have no idea but one way or another I will know by then I imagine

](*,) did you know banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour

Sushee - good news so far for you - keep on growing little ones.

Shell - to answer your Q. to Ali - identical twins come from a single egg splitting - fraternal twins are two eggs that are fertilised

Thanks Trish.

In regards to Shell's q. Is it a sign of fraternal twins, does this mean that I could release 2 eggies at once. Frat twins run in my family. Not that there's any chance for us naturally, just curious?

Thanks

Ali xxxxxxx

Ali ~ best of luck with your transfer tomorrow [-o< i will be thinking of you

Ness ~ [-o< [-o< thinking of you both and have every thing crossed and have knocked on every bit of wood i can find for you

Evening Ladies,

I haven't been playing hard to get, it just looks that way. I've been watching but not having a lot of time to post so just dipping in here and there. I'm spending a lot of time with Pusster at the moment but it's heartening to see how much exciting stuff is happening in here.

Blue - I'm so sorry that AF arrived and on your birthday too. Damn. Hope you and DH can go out and do something nice for yourselves. Thinking of you.

Keen - Good luck with your OPU and I'll be thinking of you. Can't wait to hear how many you get!

Ali - Good luck for your transfer too and I hope the bleeding has settled down. Pity you can't find out how many you have but I'm sure they'll spill the beans tomorrow.

Sushee - Great news about the six embryos. It sounds like you have some vigorous ones in there!

Bee - hang in there pet. Hope AF does NOT arrive and that this is just a bit of spotting. It can't be her this early surely? Are you on Crinone or anything?

Jo - thanks for the referral to the pet bereavement sites and yes I would be very interested. I am thinking of setting one up myself when this is all over. It may be my magnum opus.

Shell - you pluck your top lip? Oh my, you're brave. I'm one of those chickens who uses Nair and I get someone else to wax my brows. I have tweezerphobia.

Trish and Anney - hi girls and thanks for your lovely heartfelt messages.

Shannon, Shell, Sal, Tam, Sush, Bee, Tiff, Humphrey, Babydreams and everyone who has sent good wishes, thanks so much. As you all know, BT is tomorrow but - CONFESSION AHEAD - I've been a BAD GIRL and peed on two sticks. One last Thursday and one on Monday morning. Both were negative. I know sometimes those tests can be wrong but I think I did it because of what is happening with Pusster. When I started thinking that this was really it and he was probably going to die in the next few days, I thought, "Well, there is one thing I can find out ahead of time" and got me some dang old peesticks. I even used the early detection kind so I'm pretty sure they are accurate. Anyway, will go for the BT tomorrow anyway, like the scholar that I am and play along for a while.

No AF yet but then I am still on Crinone and feel obliged to keep taking it till the packet is done. I'm going to get the AF from hell possibly but I'm willing to take the chance.

Anyway, will let you all know the official result tomorrow afternoon. Thanks again everyone and apologies to anyone I've missed.

Love,

Mel

cazzoom Guest

Hi all.
    This board is crazy as. very hard to keep up.

Keen~ congrats on your follies and good luck for the OPU

Sushee~ Congrats hope all 6 make it

Ali ~ congrats and good luck for the transfer. Hope all goes well and your bleeding has lessened.

Blue ~ so sorry AF arrived. Also birthday greeting from me to you.

Mel ~ I hope your wrong and you get good news from your BT. thoughts are with your pusster.

Anyone else I may have missed. Hello.

As for me I am on to day three of injections. Not too hard for me to do as I did 8 rounds of injectables with the puregon pen.
    Question!!! Did/Does anyone else feel like your ovaries are jumping about a half hour after the injection. It use to happen when I did the puregon before but I was only started on 75IU and gradually went up to 125IU. Now I am on 200IU and it feels like my ovaries are jumping non stop.
    I also get very tired on these injections.....anyone else??

My first follie scan in on monday. 8.20am at freemasons. I was told thats the latest appt. UGH so so early for me to get there. I will have to leave very early and have breakfast somewhere close so as to make it to the appt on time and avoid the peak hour traffic. UGH!!!

has anyone here ever only had 1 follie scan before going to OPU?
    How long after they think you are ready does the OPU happen?

Sorry so many questions guys

Love to all
    Cazz

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Cazz - I only had one follie scan day 11 - and OPU was 3 days later
    I had 1 bloodtest day 7 and then day 11 only because they thought I was at risk of OHSS.

Ali - in absence of hormones probably but with all those stims it would be hard to say for sure if you could of had fraternal twins 2 from 1 follicle ?.

Mel-

Damn, just lost my post :mad:

Here goes again.........

Mel - Thinking of you, I don't know about those HPT's, I'll be crossing my fingers for you for the BT tomorrow.

Cazz- My ovaries went craaaaazy, I was on gonal 225iu and was verrrrry uncomfortable. I had just one stim scan, it was last wed, showed 11 follies, I then had my trigger on sat night and had my pick up yesterday, it all just flies once you start on the injections. A word of advice if you are going to freemasons and have a bit of spare time beforehand, get a vanilla chai tea from McCafe across the road, they are out of this world!!! I too live ages away and due to traffic we always allow ourselves ample time to get there as you never know what the crazy traffic will be doing. Good Luck with your scan xxxx

Hope everyone else is having a good night

Love

Ali xxxxxxx

Saying a little [-o< for Mel and Ness tonight.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast