Thread: Low HCG Level !!!! Any success storys please

Default Low HCG Level !!!! Any success storys please

I have just received the results of my BT and am told my HCG level is down at 17. Has any one had success with a level this low. Do I dare to hope????

I don't want to get your hopes up but my levels were really low with DD1. Not quite 17 but almost and she's 2 1/2 now. Could you have just picked it up really really early? Are you using ART? Definitely retest in a couple of days. Did you do a wee test first? Sorry for all the questions :s

my levels weren't quite that low (27) but still very low by AC standards. i went through testing a few more times over two weeks to confirm my levels were increasing (which they were, just not as quickly as is deemed "normal". i held onto the positivity that all would be ok, and, thankfully, i now have a bubbly, almost 14 month old scoffing yogurt from her Daddy.

it's scary when you get that first result and it's low. at this point, unfortunately, it could go either way - i have everything crossed for you that you have a positive outcome.

Thanks Briggsy's Girl. That gives me a little hope.

At the time of BT I was 14Dpo11Dpt. I am in a full stim ICSI cycle and taking Pregnyl 1500 every three days. Does that help Mad Scientist? I should have thought to put that type of info in my original post but brain was just trying to process the information.

Thankfully there is still no sign of AF and I have been charting and my temp is stable at 36.8 and has been for the last 8 days.

thanks for any and all help ladies.

wow if your BT was only on day 14 then i say you have every hope, mine was only 6 or something very low, i am now 36 weeks pg. will be sending my best thoughts your way, this waiting sucks and pregnyl can really mess with BT

Try not to give up just yet hun. With my last pgcy, I had a BT done after having positive HPT's and it was only 10. She is now 21mths old. Also this time, I think it would have been similar as I had found out early on a HPT, but left it a few days longer. The BT came back as 39. GL. hugs

Wantaminime, don't give up hope. That test was quite early. Have You tried a HPT to see what result you get? Crossing my fingers for you x

I have been going quietly mad so decided to call the nurse again to ask some questions. She said that my Progesterone level is at 31 and apparently that is a little low but not too bad. She also said it is probable the pregnyl is causing the HCG level in my body. This floored me as yesterday they said I was definetly preg just had low levels.

I did a HPT before my pregnyl injection on Thursday and there was a faint line. I am to have another pregnyl injection on Sunday so will test again to see if the line is stronger. Then have another BT on Tuesday. Gee I hope it is good news because Tuesdays is DS 17th Birthday and I really don't want to be upset for that.