Thread: Low oestrogen, day 11 of FSH

Default Low oestrogen, day 11 of FSH

Hi, we are on day 11 of Fsh of our first IVF cycle. We had an ultrasound 2 days ago and the dr counted 12 follicles. We also had a blood test and were told we had very low oestrogen (594). Doctor has upped the Fsh and we go for another ultrasound and blood test tomorrow. Really hoping our oestrogen levels are higher as have been told we might have to cancel this cycle. Has anybody experienced something similar? Does anyone have any idea why the oestrogen was so low? I ovulate usually on day 15 of cycle and had a level of 1300 last ovulation. Thanks!

hi there ms_kty - did you happen to use Synarel before this cycle?

i have had two FSH cycles cancelled for same reason due to synarel putting me into the menopausal state it's supposed to, but my body didn't respond to the fsh trying to drag me back out of it

hope that's not the case for you and that you have a better response next round of testing

hi briggy's_girl,
    thanks for responding so quickly. Yes, we were and are still on Synarel! Can I ask how many follicles you had when they cancelled you, their size and your E2 levels (if you know and don't mind sharing)?
    Thanks!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

ms_kty

I tended to have low-ish levels (about 800-900) at about day 10 or 11, and then they would start to take off. I've only ever had one cycle cancelled for lack of response, and my levels that time were just over 300 at cd 10. If they saw 12 small follies, you may just be a slow responder. Hopefully that's the case, and you get higher levels are you coming BTs.