12311 ...

thread: LT TTC after Miscarriage or Loss #4

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jan 2006

LT TTC after Miscarriage or Loss #4

Welcome to the new chat thread from those members who are Long-Term TTC after miscarriage or loss.

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows:

marcellus
    Lenny

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

Your last thread is HERE

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Wishing you all the best.

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2009
    Victoria

Thanks marcellus!

New thread, new opportunities! New BFP's please!! xx

Platinum Subscriber

Apr 2010
    coastside, Vic

I'll post first!
    I'll have to do some persies from memory as I can't go back to old thread;
    Crafty- I know, I can't believe how freaked I was without BB, it was because i was hanging around the house with not much to do, then I started thinking- what if it never comes back and we never get to speak to each other ever again!!! Unbearable! Sorry you feel depressed, (no wonder without any BB to read) and hope you feel beter soon x

Ferals- CVS sounded like a nightmare, you are very brave to bear it all. I just saw inthe other thread you are having to wait longer for your results- bummer, I have my fingers crosssed for you and your bubby, hope the torture is over soon xx

Hi to Damprye, Thopes, Possum, Alice, Mildez, Porsche, Sunbeam, who else? I am having a full mental blank here, hi to you anyway.

AFM- was going to report a 'nothing happening here' TWW but when I went to the toilet this afternoon there was some spotting. Now my immediate thought was 'not bloody AF again' then I got a thrill thinking it could be implantation but as the day has gone on I still have a small amount of brown/old blood ( very small amount) which is very reminiscent of my spotting before AF. And realistically , with all the drugs etc i have been on it wouldn't surprise me if it was preAF spotting. I seriously have no confidence in my bodydoing anything right anymore, I wish so much it was implantationcos I know we BD'd at all the right times, why can't anything work?????
    All I can wish for now is if it is AF, she needs to come and get herself over with os I am closer to my next cycle, if I have spotting for a week before AF I am seriously going to go ballistic.
    Sorry its all about me, but DH is still away so I can't take it out on him I'm also feeling bad bout myself as I downloaded heaps of photos onto facebook from all our travels last year ( I am slack i know) and I don't think I realised how much weight I put on last year ( at least I had the excuse of being pregnant in a few shots, only 7 wks but anyway- hehe) I really need to lose 4-5kgs but even 2-3 would be ok. I hope this shock will be good to get me on track

Platinum Subscriber

Apr 2010
    coastside, Vic

thopes you snuck in before me!

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2009
    Victoria

Saffy - i am so sneaky!!
    oh love af already? surely not... hmmm tricky one! WTF is going on with these crazy bodies of ours!?! IM hoping its implant bleed and if its not... well that witch better hurry up so you can start round II! I hear ya about the 5kg!! I have a hot muffin top going these days! NOt!! Im not overweight but i can certainly feel the few extra im carrying and i cant get the mojo to do anything about it... i just keep thinkin - ah well ill be UTD soon! - HA!!! What am i thinking?! xx

Anyway im off to bed, have my scan at 8.15am then a IVF councelling appt just incase we get converted!!

Platinum Member. 2010 RAK Recipient

Jun 2009

oh thank god! I thought I'd never find our thread again!! None of the links were working, it's not even listed in the forums, I got forwarded to some weird place, I was starting to panic. I can't loose you all now, no way!

Been HANGING to hear from HappyBaby - how are you? We never heard about your scan - did it go OK??????

And Ferrals - WOOHOO!! sorry it was so bloody painful, you poor thing - ouch! Sounds like you've got a good and strong bub there Ferrals but I know until all the results are in you'll be worried so hope you don't have to wait too much longer and can't wait to find out what you are having! Such good news!!!! you must have gone nuts not being able to post x

Saffy, implantation, implantation, implantation (I'm sending you lots of implantation vibes) I know it's hard not to 'cause I've looked at photos of myself in January and feel the same way but try not to give yourself a hard time about your weight the important thing is to feel well and if loosing some weight will help you feel well then that's good but don't punish yourself.

T-hopes, all those follies girl, and on such a tiny tiny dose! I hope they can convert your cycle to IVF and get on with things for you - sounds very positive lovely and might be all you need to get your bub. Fingers crossed x

Crafty, for feeling down, I'm always hopeful we'll hear good news from you and really believe it will happen, just hope it's not much longer as you've been through too many sad months, it's just not fair. One more for you please, and soon. x

Sunbeam, did I miss a post from you? Are you jabbing too?

Mildez, Sevie (what happened to Sevie?) Damprye (hope you caught your egg), MatthewsMum are you OK are you starting another cycle soon? Who have I missed? Sorry for missing anyone.

AFM well AF has come and is leaving - pretty uneventful really (not complaining though!) and first BT was today. Nurses said this afternoon we are right to go so starting FSH injections tomorrow. Woohoo! Day 1 tomorrow, at long long last. this cycle works for us!

Apr 2009
    central coast

Alice-nuts is not the word i was beside myself with panic i even cried i blamed hubby cause he wiped our computer the other week and we had to pay $215 to get all our photos retrieved poor darling was blaming himself to we even rang bigpond and blasted them lol but i calmed down and finally got on to update you all.
    Great to here injections are starting i am excited for you and will be watching very closely how it all goes.

T-hopes-hope the scan goes well and i am hearing ya on the weight i was 62kg before the ivf now i am 65kg not overweight but the extra around the belly (muffin top) makes me uncomfortable i havnt put on any since my BFP but i have never been this heavy at the beginning of any of my pregnancies so i worried how much i will have to lose at the end i am hoping i only put on about 10kgs that is my usual weight gain but i am not exercising nearly as much as i use to.

Saffy-hope it's implantation spotting and not AF.
    And i was looking at my skinny photos the other day and got upset the 3kgs came on after losing Abbi and doing the ivf and i am not tall so it is very noticable i have a muffin top and all my clothes look like they are painted on (not a pretty sight).

Sunbeam-how are you i have been thinking about you.

AFM-hoping the geneticist calls today with the sex of our bub if not will definately be tomorrow i hate the waiting and the SLO results wont be in until next friday at the earliest i was told the lab in South Australia is back logged so there is delays WTF i have a time limit that i can have a normal termiation if i have to 14 weeks is the cut off i will be 13 weeks 2 days next friday so if the results are not in they are cutting a very fine line.

Add damprye on Facebook

Aug 2009
    Western Australia, SOR

Saffy- I know how hyou feel with AF starting. I was trying to be so optimistic this month as we DTD basically all month and everytime that O was possible there bas extra BDing. I hope yours is just implantation bleeding. I wish that mine was to but according to my LP.... I am spot on for timing I hate having a 9 day LP at longest GRR

Jun 2009

oh god Ferrals, it must be so hard to have to even think about the possibility of a termination. I hope you NEVER EVER EVER have to go through that again. You are an amazing strong woman, you know that? You deserve a happy and healthy bub with your DH and I hope this bub is the one. Please no SLO for this bub please. Crossing everything that it will be fine.

Still having trouble with this thread - it doesn't come up in the forum menu anymore and my email notifications aren't working either so I guess it's going to take some time for things to settle down. I know they must be doing everything they can for this to work but I really did feel a loss when I couldn't come on. I don't think I could do this cycle without you all now I've been part of this little community thanks everyone.

Well had a roaring fight with DH this morning who decided it was time to leave just as I was about to do my first injection. Sigh. Good start! We've made up by text so it's all OK. Forget how much this takes out of you. IVF is certainly not for the faint hearted! I'm really tired from yesterday - it is hard getting to the city for early bt (have to leave home at 5am) and then a long day and having to train it home with all the drugs etc. DH needed the car for a training day of all the days so did the whole thing on my own (he usually comes to every appointment with me) so was feeling a bit teary and tired when I woke up this morning and before I knew it we were yelling (well, I was yelling). Oh well, think I'll have me a quiet day and have another go at making a cake.

Jun 2009

Damprye, we posted at the same time. Sorry AF is showing her ugly head again. From the little bit I know, 9 days LP would be unusual. I think they say to count back 14-16 days from your period and that's when you would 'o'. I know you've found the temping hard - do the OPKs work for you at all? I really have very little experience of natural conception (sadly) but I remember it all being very confusing when I first had to chart and I don't think I really got a handle on it until I started seeing this TCM practitioner. Good luck with for next month. Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer x

Jun 2009

T-hopes, I missed your post last night too! Good luck for the scan this morning and hope you won't need the IVF after all x

Add damprye on Facebook

Aug 2009
    Western Australia, SOR

Alice- The first month I used OPKs I only had a 3day LP
    My cycles have been very short since my last m/c. The lil one made it to 7w1d, afterwards I had a 6week cycle and now it is roughly every 3weeks.
    Sorry to hear about troubles with your hubby. It can happen at the most inappropriate times. Glad to hear that yous have made up though

Platinum Subscriber

Apr 2010
    coastside, Vic

Alice- I got onto BB on facebook on Tuesday so found out what was going on and some people's servers are taking longer than others to get back to normal, yours must be one of them because mine has been ok since yesterday ( just missing the last 2 wks posts but they are gone for good apparently). I was in a state too, and was imagining what Ferals was going through after her scan! We are all addicted!!
    What a morning for you- its so typical about the car etc, but sounds like you did a good job by yourself, can't believe you have to get up at 5am too- foul. for this cycle, you can do it. Baking cakes is relaxing, try not to eat the whole thing when it comes out of the oven lol- that just-baked cake smell, i'm drooling thinking of it!!!

THopes- for your scan, I'm sure it will be great whichever way you go! Actually you have probably already had it- let us know the good results xx

Ferals- I'm quite tall but believe me its still annoying being up a few kgs, especially when they are around the middle, it makes clothes so uncomfortable. Last time I got on the scales I was 75kg but have been avoiding weighing myself for ages as I don't want to see the truth lol. your results come soon, I have a feeling they will be perfect, xxx

Damprye-sorry you are in the same boat as me- its depressing and i think my hormones are all over hte place too as I am teary, and struggling to feel positive.

Matthewsmum- how are you??

AFM- still minor spotting so completely sure its not implantation - I have had implantation bleeds before and they were different. BLAH. Need to get over my dismay, at least DH is home again, I missed him. He is still sick poor love and has to go to work as its really busy.
    Hope everyone has a nice day, now we are back in BB land, I'm surprised the site hasn't blown up!
    Hmmmm, might go and stalk Dory and see if she's in labour yet...

Add Sunbeam on Facebook

May 2009
    Gold Coast

Hi lovelies,

I'm back.

Ferrals - What a drama to get your cvs it sounds awful and so painful you poor thing. I'm with Crafty I feel the results will be good all the signs are right but I still can't imagine the worry you must be going through

T-Hopes - 3 follies does not seem too much at this stage if 1 or 2 then become doninant I don't see how they can tell what the outcome is going to be when they are still so little. It's good that you can manage on such a low dose though. Good luck with the appt hope you can stay with IUI.

Crafty - How's the new house? Not sure if I missed posts about it but they are gone now. I hope your body does the right thing and O's on time for you.

Saffy - Sorry the spotting is not looking so positive. As far as the weight gain I only wish I could say I've gained a few kilos.... I've gained 12 kilos since TTC and I'm only 5'2". I've gone from a 14 to size 18 and its horrible. I try really hard for the first 2 weeks then I lose all motivation in the TTW. I have managed to shift 2 kilos since the D & C but I had to work really hard for it.

Alice - Yes I'm jabbing. Today was my second one does that make us on the exact same day? I have a scan again next monday and then again on the friday with EPU planned for the following monday if it all goes to plan (god I hope it does).

Damprye - That is a very short LP are the docs not able to help make it longer, I thought it had to be 12-14 days to enable conception.

AFM - *Big catch up ramble alert* Well Af finally arrived on sunday arvo though it took an hours motor bike ride to get her moving ! I had 2 days of full on AF cramps before she came which was really odd. Of course I was then desperate to tell everyone and...no BB . Anyway, had scan and bt on tues and started jabs yesterday. When I was doing 75 for IUI it was no problem but 300 makes me really sore for a few hours afterwards. I have not been feeling great with a wierd virus that is going around that make you feel like you are fighting a bug off and very tired then today I went to work and came home feeling like c*#p after an hour. Does FSH make you feel sick/nauseous or am I just unwell? I am also seeing my doc on saturday to ask if I can go back on the Vitex or if she can give me something else for my mood that won't interfere with IVF because I have been really flat for a few days exactly the way I used to get before the Vitex and I hate it. Has anyone esle taken Vitex through IVF? I have also been lactose and gluten free for 2 weeks now and not finding it as hard as I thought I would. I'm not sure if it is making a difference yet but will stick with it for now then get another bt to see if my inflamation is down. I'm going to see if I can get into the dietitian too as I'm worried with less dairy as a vego if I'm getting enough protien. Oh yes I'm also a year older now! Okay think that's all my news

Platinum Subscriber

Apr 2010
    coastside, Vic

Hi Sunbeam-happy birthday! When was it? Thats weird about having AF cramps for days before it started?! I have just been sick for over a week and so have a lot of people I know, it is like a very heavy cold that lingers and mine started like you described, maybe you are getting sick, I had body aches etc and was exhausted. My moods bad too, cos I'm off all meds my normal hormones have set up camp again, I hate the way they make me feel. I don't know if you can take Vitex on IVF, maybe ring and ask them.

Today sucks already and I haven't even started work yet. I literally just accepted a friend request on facebook from a work colleague who I don't even really care for that much and logged in today to be greeted by her pregnancy announcement (which she has been denying at work for weeks). GREAT, I do not need to see that just now. GRRR

May 2006
    Melbourne

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this thread, although I have used the Belly Belly forums for help in the past......
    I have a long and complicated history with TTC and with IVF which is not unusual around these parts, so I thought it was about time I helped
    and gained support for others in my situation. We're just about to start our 6th (i think - maybe more) IVF stim cycle after 2.5 years of trying and
    3 miscarriages. We're starting a flare cycle today and to be honest i'm really scared about this one. I know we can get pregnant but how much longer should we, or can we keep trying! Our reasons for miscarriage have all been different it just appears we have horrendously bad luck - our FS said as much last time!

I just wanted to say hi to you all and to hope to get to know you all and support you.
    GOOD LUCK!!!

Jupe
    P.S. I forgot the most important thing that keeps me going is my darling husband and beautiful little 3 year old boy. (conceived through IUI)
    Last edited by Jupiter; September 16th, 2010 at 02:41 PM. : spelling!

Jun 2009

Sunbeam, Boo for not being able to post on BB with all of this going on for you! I'm glad we're all back (I think - Porsche, have you found us??) at last. You are a day in front of me with your injections so we'll be in the TWW together with T-hopes. Oh god, can't even think about it, makes my stomach tie up in knots.

If the Vitex helps you that much then I think you should take it. Your FS will say no in all probability - they don't even like you taking vitamins during IVF. I really trust my TCM practitioner and she has advised me to stay on my herbs so I will. I can ask her about the Vitex if you like? Also, I'd be very careful about doing a dairy-free diet as a vegetarian while you are doing this. You need your protein so the dairy would be a big help with that and I'm worried you won't get enough otherwise. Make sure you have plenty of eggs, tofu, nuts, soy milk, and anything else that can give you the extra protein if you do go ahead.

I hope everything goes well for you this cycle - you've been through so much this year. The extra weight is totally understandable and normal, I went up two sizes doing IVF then having the pg and mc and it has taken most of the year and this strict diet to get rid of it. There's no way I would have done the diet just for weight loss - I would have caved in a week. The only thing that has kept me going is the hope that it will help with my progesterone levels and maybe, just maybe, help get us over the line with a baby in our arms. And even then it has been hard.

Saffy, that sux Bloody FB - I swing between deleting everyone then adding any random person who wants to befriend me. You don't need that right now - you could turn off her posts so you don't have to see them but I guess it's a bit late now. I'm so sorry this looks like AF and not implantation bleeding, I'm glad your DH is home with you, even if he is sick and busy with work. I hope he's looking after you xx

Jupiter, welcome to you and no wonder you are feeling scared - you've been through a lot and I'm sorry all your losses and disappointments that have brought you here. I hope this flare cycle works for you. Fingers crossed - you'll be doing the TWW with us too by the sounds of it. Good luck x

AFM Well, I didn't make cake, I made hamburgers instead. I'm like a happy cat curled up licking my paws and purring. I might still do a cake though...happy afternoon everyone x

Apr 2009
    central coast

Sunbeam-Happy Bday and my 1st cycle i stopped vitex before i started and it was cancelled due to high E2 my 2nd cycle i was on it and stayed on it i had a good cycle and lots of follicles but PDG test was bad my 3rd cycle i stopped the vitex and cycle was crap had a cyst had heaps of follies that just wouldnt budge from the cyst sucking up all the hormones so it was almost cancelled lucky doctor stuck it out because it worked for us so i would stay on it if you think it helps.

Juniper-welcome the girls here are awesome.

Saffy-take a deep breath these are the times we need to try and ignore and soldier on.

AFM-Well i am not happy the geneticist rang and the 1st words out of his mouth were I am sorry to tell you but we are off to a bad start.
    My heart fell to my feet i thought the worst then he tells me that the doctor doing our testing dropped the cvs sample WTF how can they do that he said they dont have enough of the sample left to do the FISH chromosone test and might not have enough tissue to do the SLO i just burst into tears i can't have another cvs i wont risk the baby if it is healthy.
    Anyway they are trying to grow what tissue they have left and hope it is enough to test in 10 days time.
    Can you believe our bad luck after all the sh#t we have been through and they drop our sample not someone elses ours how much more of this can we take.
    I wont have another cvs or amnio if they cant get results we will just wait until the morph scan and go from there as i will be 14 weeks by the time the cvs results should be ready so what is a few more weeks to wait for a scan.
    Sorry to rant but i just cant believe our sh#tty luck.

12311 ...