Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: LT TTC after Miscarriage or Loss #4

hi ladies,

Sunbeam-have you had a blood test yet?? DOn't give up hope yet lovey, theres still a chance! If not, I'm glad you have a plan for next time ( you are good at that). Also, clexane is used for the same purpose as aspirin, it is a blood thinner so you shouldn't need both. I hope you don't feel too down, if theres hope for you there is hope for me so we have to stay positive and know we will get our babies xxx

Possummagic- I get O pain on both sides all the time all throughout my cycle, ever since the miscarriage. I really don't think it is anything sinister as I've had a few ultrasounds and no one has ever said anything was abnormal. Before my miscarriage, I was the same as you, I used to just get twinges on one side when I o'd for a few hours. Our bodies are wierdos lol.

Crafty- hmmmm, you are not out of the running either it seems, hope you defy the odds and get a sneaky one in, we seem to be on a roll here! FX! xx

Toomanyshoes-hey, nice to see you again! Sorry you feel so down, hopefully time will improve things, I was really depressed at the start of the year and it took me a while to fee better, now I just have ups and downs but on a whole am great, so I wish the same for you. Your DH sounds quite commited with giving up fags etc! Good on him, I tried to get mine to stop drinking during our last cycle and he wouldn't!!! Maybe i should nag him a bit more lol! Hope you feel like popping ina bit more xxx

ALice- how was Sydney? How was your sleep last night? I hope you got some!

THopes- hi hunny, how are you going?? xx

Hi to Mildez, Porsche, Ferals, Matthewsmum, India;smum, Luna

AFM- picked up my meds yesterday, finish the pill next Sunday then jabbing the week after, so soon, exciting!

Sunbeam so sorry its a BFN but how many days past trans are you ? maybe too early FX still untill AF shows your not out ! I am sure dd will do one more cycle with you if you need to he has been with you all this time another month isn't too much to ask is it !

saffy not long now then till you get on the IVF cycle good luck taking the pill ( my body was never very good on it )

Mildez Hi glad your still checking in on us all hope I get to join you on the paml thread before you deliver !!!

AFM well day 30 today and still no AF no headaches either which I normallly get when she is on her way, so I tested again and BFN again why do I do this to myself I don't know when its ovbious I am not pg, anyhow don't feel too bad considering how I felt the other day so hopefully my mood stays good and strong and onwards to next months cycle when AF desides to turn up ( guess I need to get the white trousers out lol )

Hi everyone have I missed anymore announcements since I have been gone?

It is a good thing I stopped TTC. I have been really sick this week and have a bad case of hives. If I were TTC then I would't have been able to take the meds I need.

Ferrals!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the late reply but I've been in Sydney. CONGRATULATIONS on an awesome test result - hope you slept soundly last night after all the worry you've had. So I was right about it maybe being a girl!! Well, that's a first, I'm usually 100% wrong on picking the sex of my friends children. Sooooo happy for you, and a little sister from Abbi, so chuffed. xx

Sunbeam, try not to think about that just now, it will take you into such a terribly sad place and I really believe you have a good chance of getting your baby soon. When is your bt? How many days past your transfer are you now? I'm staying hopeful for you, hang in there x

Saffy, yah for picking up your meds! Not long now and you'll be jabbing away. My DH has never stopped drinking though that makes him sound like an alco and he isn't at all but he has cut down a lot mostly to just a few over the weekend. It's so different for them because everything happens outside their bodies, they just don't get that it matters how healthy they are or find it easier to put most of the work on us. It's hard to deal with and I think it has taken years to get DH to pay attention to anything I've said. Try not to worry about it, just focus on what you can do and hope for the best. It's all we can do!

Crafty, glad the PMS has passed but hope you are keeping an eye on how you are traveling emotionally and take good care of yourself. The main reason I went to counseling after my mc was to make sure that what I was feeling was grief and not developing into depression as I have suffered from that in the past. I found it very helpful and was able to have it through Medicare so wasn't out of pocket. Maybe something to think about. Good luck this month, I'm always wishing the best for you x

Toomanyshoes, sorry you are finding this all so hard to deal with. Sadly that is part of being a LTTTCer and we all understand only too well. I hope you can see some light to this dark patch soon. We are here for you x

Mildez, thankyou for all those stickyvibes! When is your next test? Are you waiting for the CV (? is that what it is called?) next. Is that at 12 weeks? Not long to go then hopefully you can enjoy a bit more attention around this pg. x

Hi Porsche, how are you going?

Luna, thanks for the POAS advice - I'm a total novice! Hope you've joined in over in the PAML thread now. So many great women there to share your pg with.

MatthewsMum, we haven't heard from you in a while. Are you OK? I hope you're just have some quiet time and feeling OK.

I know I've missed a few people so sorry about that. Hope everyone is traveling along OK.

Well no sleep for me last night...again. Felt so down when I 'woke up' this morning - don't feel very different, bbs slightly tender but nothing dramatic, a few pains in the o area but that's all. Don't feel pg AT ALL. I know it's early days and I guess this dip is expected after all the anxiety of getting to the point of having a tf and not knowing what we would have etc. So I kept myself busy this morning and now I'm going to have a nap and try not to fall into the dead zone or I won't sleep again tonight. Had lovely cuddles with my little man last night and this morning - he's a gorgeous little boy and I love him to bits. I'm very lucky to have a lot of great kids in my life but I still want my own. Please please please one day very soon can I have one for my own

Hi Ladies

Sunbeam - GBH's I was hoping it would be a BFP for you. I hope DD will be ready for the next cycle.

Saffy - I'm on both cartia and cleaxane but my FS is a bit extreme in the meds department and if there is something he thinks will help then your on it. So I have quite a few meds I'm on lol. I rattle when I walk.

Damprye - I hope you feel better soon. That sounds awful.

Damprye, we posted at the same time. Sorry to hear you've been sick. Yes, Ferrals got a good result of her scan and is one step closer to having the all clear for her bub being free from SLO. She also found out it's a little girl! Did you see Luna's BFP? I think that's all. A few of us waiting waiting waiting hoping hoping hoping. Get well soon.

T-hopes, how's your belly growing?? x

Sunbeam I am sorry the POAS was negative. I hope its to early and you are truely pregnant. I know I would get to a certain stage and know I couldn't be so I can see how you could rite it of for this cycle also. I'm keeping everything crossed your next BFP is close by and bubba will be here to stay.

Alice yes I am feeling more relieved now after my 12wk scan. I am not having a CVS next big thing will be the morhology scan in 2months time and my 1st Ob appointment in 3weeks. I couldn't get in any sooner.

Ferrals - I am so glad to hear your news. I kept checking the threads all day. You certainly know how to keep us all in suspense.

Sunbeam - Are you sure it's not just too early yet? When is your blood test? I say it's not over till the blood test.

It was interesting to hear your doctor say it was easier to conceive in a losing weight phase as I have never heard that before. I have lost 5kg since the last miscarriage but realistically could do with losing another 10.

Ferrals - I am so glad to hear your news. I kept checking the threads all day. You certainly know how to keep us all in suspense.

Sunbeam - Are you sure it's not just too early yet? When is your blood test? I say it's not over till the blood test.

It was interesting to hear your doctor say it was easier to conceive in a losing weight phase as I have never heard that before. I have lost 5kg since the last miscarriage but realistically could do with losing another 10.

hi girls

sunbeam - oh love, im so sorry to hear of the bfn, how long ago was your transfer? I remember you said a few wks ago, you were going to ask DD's partner for his sperm cause it may be of better quality? did you speak to him about that? thinking of you xx

possum - i always got O pain, sometimes both sides but mainly one or the other. i always feel a real heaviness in the ovary area too! As for the lining of the uterus, i went on chinese herbs and they did wonders! nice and thick!! might be worth a shot so bubs can nestle in nice and tight xx

alice - oh alice, im feeling positive about this for you... so many things you say, i had too! I had a dip dip at 5dpiui and the restless sleep too!!! thanks for asking after me, so far so good but always worry whats around the corner! But im staying positive and enjoying every second if it... i did start a new ticker, silly i know cause im so early but i just couldnt wait! you take care and i am always stalking!!

crafty - im sorry for the bfn i was so upset to see you had a hard few days... i wish it wasnt so tuff but you have to push on if this is what you decide to do! were with you every step of the way xx

matthewsmum - how are things going with you??

Saffy - so happy to hear your getting in sync!! bring on the new start to a sticky bubby!

sorry for those i missed... sending you love and sticky vibes!

afm - im going well and feel good, had a 2nd lot of bloods today and it has more than doubled which is wonderful, hcg sitting at 591 today so were more than pleased with that... still doesnt feel real, feels like one beautiful dream, just taking one day at a time.

love to you all and thanks for asking after me. lots of love xx

Unhappy Feeling sorry for myself post....sorry

T-hopes, I wish I could feel as positive as you about it I just don't feel like I did last year, I remember getting up in the middle of the night to go to the loo and just feeling like my bbs were so heavy and achy and having this pressure before having to pee...this time, nothing My bbs are only a bit tender and I got some AF-like cramping after bding tonight (sorry for TMI). Apart from that, just really tired and a loss of appetite. I looked online for the most common symptoms for 8dpo and the main one is feeling tired, which I am, 'cause I can't sleep - just restless and having lots of weird dreams. Except tonight, just awake 'cause I'm feeling sorry for myself and wondering how I'm going to cope with the disappointment of this cycle not working. The whole ordeal in the hospital just keeps coming back to me - why did we go ahead with the transfer? Maybe we should have waited some more. I'm also worried I've lost too much weight - this time last year I was a size heavier and it's the only time I've been pg. I'm the same weight now I was all the other times we got our BFNs. So, just had a hot chocolate (with rice milk...blah). I'm thinking of buying some HPTs tomorrow - Saffy, should I do it? We're so alike with this, I don't know whether it's better to wait or not Sorry for the me post.

Alice - I have been pregnant five times and each one was a little different from the other so feeling different than the last pregnancy indicates nothing. I don't get breast pain until around week 7. I still think all your other symptoms sound spot on. I think you are so stressed that it's best not to test yet because if you don't get a second line then you will be more stressed and it could be for no reason. I wish I could do more to help. I hope you have a lot of support around you and there is someone (other than just DH) that you an share all this with.

Default Hang in there gorgeous Alice

Alice- sorry you are having a bad time- my theory with HPTs is- only POAS if there has been something to suggest you could get a bfp- ie implantation spotting, really sore boobs, past AF due date etc. Only because- if the hormones aren't strong enough to give symptoms yet, they won't be strong enough to give a bfp .

This is purely based on my 2 past experiences, where i only got bfps after some signs of pregnancy first. So- DON'T do it yet, you are only a few days post transfer aren't you?? I would guarentee a bfn if you did it now and that would depress you more. I was getting bfns for a week after big boobs/implantation spotting with my first pregnancy, so it won't mean anything to get a bfn at this stage except stress you out.

Weight has nothing to do with it if you have only dropped a size, whats your BMI? If you still get periods, you can't be too skinny.

I think the sleeplessness is taking its toll hun, I would be exactly the same, (I didn't even sleep a wink the night before my first scan!! )I have a long history with insomnia, it is hell. I used to drink herbal teas for sleep but I really can't suggest herbs at this stage I guess, its so difficult when you can't take anything.

What about a relaxation massage, or could you ring your acupuncturist? I'm sure they treat insomnia.

I am so anxious for you too hun, just take it one day at a time, as you said to someone recently (?THopes) at this stage there is no way of knowing which way it is going to go. Just a question (sorry if TMI or you don't want to answer) did you fall asleep after DTD? An orgasm always works for me (sorry!!)

PS Luna- thinking of you xx

Alice-i feel no pregnancy symptoms until after i get a BFP even a week or 2 later and this bub pregnancy symptoms are why stronger than all my other 4 so dont worry about this time being different.

Saffy-Orgasims are the best for a good night sleep and my DH knows how to dish them out lol lucky me.

India's mum-Sorry for the wait i just had lot of things to do before we got home and i wasnt as excited as i thought i'd be i still am not sure all is well i need this next scan to be normal and i need to speak to the geneticist about the possibility of bub being mildly effected and what are the chances so then i can decide on an amnio or not it's never ending.

Sunbeam-how many day past TF are you sorry it was a BFN praying it was just to early.

AFM-still not sure what to do i need a definate answer i have a phone consultation with the geneticist next week either wed or thurs to decide on an amnio or not there is to much uncertainty no one can give me a straight answer.

Sorry for the middle of the night freak-out post. Saffy, I took your advice with the hot chocolate and the lavender oil and went back to bed and did a little meditation. I felt so calm and peaceful once I let go of all this tension and worry and I have only just woken up! It's nearly 11am!! (I did fall asleep after o-ing but then DH started to snore and woke me up and that's when the worry worry worry started!). So, yah for finally getting some sleep, it sure does help. Thanks for your advice lovely woman, 'bout time I took my own and just get through one day at a time. I won't POAS. I'm seeing the acupuncturist on Sunday so I will wait to see what she says about everything. Think I'll keep going for my walks as they at least help with my mood then I will throw myself into my day. xx

India's Mum, thank you too for your reassurance. My close family knows and a few friends and they have been great. I try not to talk to them too much about it though other than reports because they worry about me too much if that makes sense? I'm so glad to have everyone here, I've never had that support before in all the years we've been trying, it is very comforting and I appreciate it so much. I hope your next pg is close and your baby even closer. xx

Ferrals, what can I say? I just hope these tests keep coming back positive and you can finally put your mind at rest. Can't imagine how stressful that all is. Have you told DH's little daughter yet or are you going to wait a few more weeks? xx

Sunbeam, thinking of you today lovey

ClairesMummy, are you still with us? You're on my mind for some reason. Sorry for being vague if you are still here. Hope all is well with you.

Love to eveyone else. Off for my walk now x
    Last edited by Alice; October 8th, 2010 at 10:44 AM.

Alice - I'm so glad you got a bit of sleep last night. I understand the awake in the night worry times. I was awake from 3am -5 am the other night and my head just would not shut up. As for symptoms keep checking that site, I recon 95% of the women listed feeling no symptoms at all in their TWW and many were convinced it had not worked. I also found a thing that said it can take up to 5 days after t/f for IVF embies to implant so hang in there babe. Your symptoms are sounding all good to me anyway. I'm an avid POASer I feel it gives me longer to get used to the idea if its going to be a BFN and its just as exciting if it terns out to be a BFP. As for the weight thing like I said to India'smum (i think it was) that my FS told me you are more likely to conceive when your body is in a state of weight loss rather than weight gain, so you can stop stressing about that.

Ferrals - I am sorry you are still feeling in a state of limbo with no definite answers. I hope the genetisis can put your mind at ease next week. Just try to focus on that perfect little girl you saw the other day, I'm sure she's just fine.

AFM - Had my bt this morning at 9dp5dt. I will be stunned if its not a BFN. Looks like it wil be ****tails rather than mocktails on the cruise! I'm trying to stay positive but I am getting more and more worried and sad about how close we are getting to the end of our journey and how few chances I have left.

oh Sunbeam, don't say that. Think of me last year - that was our very last go at IVF (or so we thought) after 9 1/2 years of disappointment. I know for myself I needed to draw a line because it is so trying to go through but you just never know how much longer you have or how many chances. Even this morning when I was freaking out I thought it's impossible to tell what the next year will hold. You've still a good age, even if you had a break now you've got at least four more years you could try. Who knows, you might meet the woman of your dreams on the cruise and all sorts of other possibilities might come up for TTC. I hope today comes back as a big surprise but I'm truly sorry for your HPT BFN and for all the sadness and loss that comes with it. We are here for you xxxx

Morning all

Alice if I had known you were awake I would have logged on I too have not been able to sleep the last 3 nights makes me so irritable lying there listening to DH snore his head off !!! Grrr !
    Try to stay positive you don't know anything yet there is still time, I have not had pg symptoms until 3wks after a BFP before and symptoms before a BFP so there is no way of telling !!!
    FX all is well and your BT will show twins next week !!!

Sunbeam FX your BT result is a big fat SUPRISE !!!!

T-hopes thanks for thinking of me I have had a rough week but its part and parcel of TTC for a long time after mc !!! glad your BT is double the last one !!!

everyone I missed sorry not thinking straight as not been sleeping too good !!! BRAIN DEAD really !!!

AFM still no damn AF and not testing again !! so just wondering and wondering whats going on ( what is the longest after DPO have people got a BFP I mean when did it show up I know people get early but how late have people tested and still got a BFP ??? after they thought it was a BFN !!!

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast