Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & Assisted Conception Aug-Sep 2010

Alice yes they are growing them to blast. I will call on Monday to see how they went.

heheheh thats cool

True, Kaybee -I'm right behind you - day 11 Tuesday

Trishy - good luck!!

Hi Alice - Sorry your transfer didn't take Hope you're going ok

Loops - hope your transfer went well today

fatgirlslim - so sorry you didn't get a better result - I hope it's a strong one and your transfer goes well tomorrow

ehm - fx for tomorrow as well. I know you must be really disappointed. The results seem to be so random - my first round I had 9 collected but only got two to transfer, this time I've been much luckier, but haven't done anything different. As you say, it only takes one - and I hope you end up with three

Ncoleh - good luck for your pickup tomorrow

Hi Saffy, Kristine, Frugal - hope you're all well

WOW so much going on in here!!!! Ladies well done with EPU and goodluck with transfers and BFP's!!! i hope to see lots in here
    AFM iv missed this website so much lol im back from Fiji and we had a wonderful time ladies, its beautiful over there and it was just what we needed. We were both really sad coming home i think its been such a destraction for so long for us and now its over and IVF is our focus again but it was gr8 while it lasted! im terrified for DH's sperm DNA frag results tomorrow and AF is due (hopefully) so need to make the call to westmead to see if we can fit in for our 2nd STIM cycle I had a horrible dream the other night about DH's sperm having only 10% DNA so we needed a donor, i woke up crying and upset for ages. I hope your all doing well and feeling some early pg signs xx

Hey Ladies...

Hope everyone is doing well... Sorry no personals at the moment - will try and catch up tonight... just a quick catchup before I start work...

I have my embryo transfer this afternoon at 4:30 - I am trying to get an appointment with my accupuncturist today also...

It's only 8:30 and I am already stressing that the phone is gonna ring saying that it didn't develop further.

must. remember. to. breathe.

feeling super emotional today...

I have been asked to take 2x Pregnyl injections rather that crinone every night. I'll take 1 x pregnyl on Tuesday, and the other on Thursday. I was going to POAS right through this cycle - but I heard that Pregnyl can register a false positive on a HPT. In my opinion, only thing WORSE than a negative HPT is a false positive one! Though, I have NEVER seen 2 lines on a HPT ever... wow...

Anyway... just a catch-up - will read-up on everyones posts later tonight.

L

Good luck FGS! Yes, remember to breathe!! I MUCH preferred having Pregnyl than crinone but that's just me. Two injections then you can just relax (LOL IYKWIM). Perfectly normal for you to feel super emotional. Hoping those little embies are growing strong and ready for a nine month stay. Great you are having acupuncture too - if nothing else, it is very calming. I know what you mean about never having seen 2 lines on a HPT. I never did a POAS for the one time I got pregnant and now I wish I had! Was just too scared. The Pregnyl reduces in your system by roughly half each day so you would still pick it up on a HPT up to six days after the last injection so you really are going to have to wait it out. I know it's agony but I hope these two weeks fly by for you. Do you have things planned to help distract you? Don't forget to rest up, drink LOTS of water, and remember to breathe Best of luck to you!! Alice x

Hi all

fatslimgirl - good luck with transfer
    oneday86 - welcome back, glad you had a nice break
    a big hi to everyone else and thanks so much for the good luck wishes, it is lovely to have you ladies for support

Just got back from EPU and they got 11 eggs (much better than my previous results of 20 something each time) now its fingers crossed for good fertilisation numbers and some nice blasts to transfer on Saturday

frugal Guest

Hi everyone, looks like lots happening today!

Just a quick one, wanted to say I'm officially Day1! Boy-oh-boy, the waiting! 10 days late. I know I got sick around O time, but geeze. I was tempted to POAS just to get AF to show up. lol Anyway, I called the nurse today and I start Puregon injections tomorrow evening. The first blood tests and ultrasounds are on Saturday. It's happening. It's actually happening. I'm not getting too excited.. just concentrating on the steps, and the big day for us will be EPU and DH's biopsy. But.. one thing at a time, hey.

It's so very interesting reading how everyone is doing. I feel like such a newbie at all of this still.

Hey ladies,

Welcome back oneday - glad you had a nice time.

Frugal - woohoo - finally starting. I know how you feel - after all this waiting, it feels like something is happening. Yay

Nic - awesome results. Let us know how fertilisation goes.

FGS - keep breathing sweetie. I feel like I'm holding my breath for you as well

Just a quickie - hello everyone!

AFM - waiting to O - nothing yet

Hey ladies well my DH's DNA frag results were really good apparently, what a lot of weight lifted off my shoulders!!! I was so stressed this morning, so we are all clear now and my DR basically said we just havn't found the right embryo yet!! And another hopefully good bit of news, im due for AF today (she still hasn't arrived and im never late!) but anyways i rang westmead to check if i should go get my prescription pill and she said at this stage there are spots left for this cycle, whoohoo!! so looks like i may be able to start the period with westmead and not have to wait till next year!!! Now i just wish AF would hurry up and come, she never does when you want her too lol. Anyway i hope you lovely ladies are all doing well xxxxx

nicoleh - Congrats on the great results today! FX that you get some great fertilisation results tomorrow!

fatgirlslim - I hope the transfer went well this afternoon. I have been doing acupuncture as well, and am familiar with that last minute rush to book an appointment once you have the transfer time!

oneday - Glad to hear you had a great holiday and some really good news this morning. Hope you get to start again soon.

Hi to everyone else!

AFM: My transfer has been moved to Wednesday, as the three embyros were doing well this morning and they are going to try and grow them up to blastocyst before transfer. That was completely unexpected due to the low numbers! I am really pleased, but also nervous that they won't make it to Wednesday........Have all my fingers and toes crossed.

nicoleh - Congrats on the great results today! FX that you get some great fertilisation results tomorrow!

fatgirlslim - I hope the transfer went well this afternoon. I have been doing acupuncture as well, and am familiar with that last minute rush to book an appointment once you have the transfer time!

oneday - Glad to hear you had a great holiday and some really good news this morning. Hope you get to start again soon.

Hi to everyone else!

AFM: My transfer has been moved to Wednesday, as the three embyros were doing well this morning and they are going to try and grow them up to blastocyst before transfer. That was completely unexpected due to the low numbers! I am really pleased, but also nervous that they won't make it to Wednesday........Have all my fingers and toes crossed.

Hi Ladies
    Just a quick one. Thanks so much for all your wishes and support - means the world. Its great that we can all do this IVF thing together - must be lots of BFP's coming up rreal soon!! FX and We had two 4day embies put back yestie. I had accupunture before and after the transfer which will hopefully help as well - now its just hope for the best. BT is the 29th Oct - day after 7 year anniversary of DH and I being officially together. I havent heard yet about our remaining 5 embryos - hoping no news is good news and they are still dividing and will be able to freeze. Hopefully find out tomorrow I guess.

True ~ Your welcome 2. BFF I hope xoxo

Kass ~ thanks hun, GL for your start as well and all the best.

Oneday ~ glad you had fun in FIji and so happy DH's sperm analysis came back really great. GL with everything!

fatgirlslim ~ hope your transfer is going well. I hear you on the stressing before hand I didnt sleep a wink Sat night with worry but all turned out good, as will yours! I think Id prefer Pregnyl too but yes it doesn give you false positives.

nicoleh ~ great result FX for great fertilisation hun.

frugal ~ awesome! happy you can get started All the best

Alice and Kaybee ~ hi and all the best to you guys!

ehm ~ that sounds really positive, good luck for Wed. I know how worrying it is but mine were right so yours will be too, FX hun

Sorry if Ive missed anyone - trying to be quick.
    Group hugs

Loops - glad your transfer went well and your embies are good too - fx!

Ehm - sounds positive!

Oneday - great test results! You must be feeling so relieved

Frugal - yay for starting!

Nicole - sounds like a good number - now a couple of days to relax before transfer

FGS - hope your transfer went really well and you're back home being pampered

Hi Kaybee, Alice, and anyone I've missed!

Does anyone know if you can transfer a day 5 on day 4? I've got some stuff on at work that is going to be really hard to get out of next Monday and although it's not that likely that I'll transfer that early, I'd prefer to avoid it if it turns out to be the day.

Thanks ladies! Just a quick question, With westmead Dr Tong is putting me on the pill?? i never did this with my clinic he said it was so that they know spot on when everything is happening this way but im regular so just wondering why he wud be putting me on it? and is it like a normal pill you take when your trying not to concieve? im also worried it will put my periods out of whack?

Good Morning Guys!

Alice - thanks so much - you're a complete sweetheart! I have never heard of doing Pregnyl shots instead of Crinone - the way my FS explained it to me was because of the low # of eggs collected - I have a REALLY low chance of OHSS - so they feel safe in giving high doses of meds twice - rather than a low dose everyday - ie: Crinone. I hate Crinone - so works lovely for me.

Nicoleh - 11 eggletts is a brilliant number! Fx for sme good fertilizations results. Keep us posted

Frugal - Well Done! AF ALWAYS shows up for me when I POAS... it's just my luck

Kaybee - sounds weird, but hope you O soon

Oneday - That's AWESOME results re your DNA frag! Bet that's a HUGE relief right? I went bonkers waiting for AF... don't you do the same

ehm - My accupuncturist is absolutely brilliant, he came in on his day off for me, which was lovely. He works with a lot of IVFers from a few clinics here in Adelaide, so he's very used to the late notice. I do Accupuncture just before and just after my transfer...

Loops - Stickyvibes to you!!!

Kass - My FS explained that they normally wait more than 3 days for an embie to develop when you have a range to select from - this way - they can pick whichever one they have "graded" best to transfer. Because I only had one choice ie: one embie - they just transferred that one @ three days so it's back in it's 'optimal' environment. So, there wouldnt be any reason they couldnt transfer earlier - just wouldnt be able to tell you which one had the best chance of 'making it' - does that make sense?

AFM - Yesterday I went to work - I was supposed to do Job Interviews all day - but had to tell my boss I couldnt because of my Embryo Transfer. I carried on at work for a bit, had a few minor meltdowns - but my manager could see I wasn't in the right frame of mind. So anyway, she bailed me up in the corridor and told me that she doesn't want me in a stressful environment, and that she wants this time to work for me - and give this embryo the best chance possible... Then, get this...

She told me to go home and take a week or two off !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so lucky, to have such an amazingly supportive manager, right???!

(so I am writing this post from bed )

Anyway - TRANSFER...

I had a 3-day transfer... however, the embie should have been 8 cells-ish by three days - and it was still a 4-cell embie. I felt really gutted when I saw that picture - and then again on the screen as they were checking it with the microscope.

The Dr & embryologists were lovely with keeping my hopes high - saying they were nice big, clear, open cells - no cloudiness, no fragmentation - clear borderlines... but obviously, it was still a 4-cell.

PLEASE DIVIDE... PLEASE GROW BIG AND STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So anyway, of course... being the douche I am - started googling "3 day 4 cell embryo" - and read things like "highly unlikely to result in pregnancy" & "developmentally delayed embryo" - UGH.

But... I am trying so hard to hold that flicker of hope - because in all the crapola I read on google - there were a small FEW success stories. Good things dont normally happen to me - but I have my FX tightly!

My baby's first picture is on my bedside table next to a riverstone etched with "believe"

I am going to POAS daily through this cycle... I POAS last night and there was a super faint line - so the trigger is not fully out of my syste (just ask my poor bbs... who suffer greatly with trigger shot

I know Pregnyl is going to have a false positive, but I should see it fade off.. and HOPEFULLY... I will see that line come back within a few days and get darker and darker - and hang around for 9 months

Sorry guys - I am trying to be so hopeful- but it's soooo hard! All I can think of is that 4-cell embie floating around in my uterus - still, a four cell embie... but I gotta believe in it...

L x

FGS, your little embie isn't floating, it's snuggling in good and tight. Keep thinking of it dividing and growing - the fact it is a bit slower doesn't mean anything. I've had so many promising embies transferred and still no result so you just can't tell. Rest up and eat well and enjoy some time to yourself x

Ehm, great news that they are going strong. I always get low egg numbers (no more than six) and we always get to blast stage so having less eggs doesn't mean you can't do it! Good luck for the transfer on Wednesday.

Nicoleh, congrats on your 11 eggs! Well done and good luck for Sat

Frugal, good luck starting your injections - it's always the exciting bit and I hope you don't get too many bruises. It helps to leave it out of the fridge for a little while before hand and to do it slowly.

Kaybee, hello to you! What's happening with you at the moment?

Oneday86, I know it seems weird to be put on OCP when you are trying to conceive. I'm as regular as clockwork too and I've always hated taking it but my FS also insists on it. It's a slightly longer cycle but more controlled and I've never had any probs with my period after having taken it so don't worry too much. It's just to make sure that you are completely baseline in your hormones before they start the stim. Good luck - I'm keen to hear how you go as we are considering maybe going through Westmead if our frostie doesn't make it.

Loops, 2 embies!! That's great. Oh I'm crossing everything for you that this cycle works. I know how hard it's been getting to this point, selling your tractor etc. I really really hope it goes your way xx

Kass, I'm sure they can do a day 4 but usually they decide on your FS schedule so it depends whether they can fit you in on another day. It's so hard to balance work with IVF and keeping stress to a minimum, easier said than done I know. Good luck.

Hi to everyone else.

Seeing my acupuncture/Chinese med doc today to debrief about the cycle and talk about what to do next. Will keep you posted. x

Morning Ladies

fatslimgirl - fx for you that this embie is the one, must be great to have a supportive boss, stay positive and enjoy your time off, I alway have the blasty pic out too
    loops - best of luck to you with your 2 embies hope this is the one
    oneday - so glad abbout your dh test results I know you said you were stressed - now you can relax. My FS also puts me on the pill as well
    kass - good luck with the transfer, my fs only does day 5 transfer with me so I don't know about day 4, I am sure one of the nurses could advise
    ehm - hope those blastys are going well and best of luck for transfer tomorrow
    frugal - good luck with your first round at this, try not too stress and take it all as it comes as you will no doubt have read the hurdles all of us in here have gone through
    kaybee - hope the O happens soon

Well scientist just called to say out of the 11 - 10 have fertilised, better numbers then I was expecting, now hoping & praying that I at least get 2 for Saturday (some to freeze would be a huge bonus as it has never happened before)

take care all

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast