Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & Assisted Conception Aug-Sep 2010

Hello lovely ladies,

It feels like a lifetime since ive been on here. I know this sounds very selfish but I needed some time away from the TTC world to concentrate on everything else going on around me and of course my DH.

A lot has been going on in the last 4 weeks. Of course as most of you already know, our first round of IVF ended in a chemical pregnancy which really knocked us for 6. DH and I have really been making an effort to enjoy ourselves and ive been concentrating a lot on work as well.

I applied for the managers position at my store (im currently 2ic), I didnt get the job and was very cut about it. I work bloody hard and I was very disappointed when they said they thought I wasnt ready for it. I know deep down it was because we are going through IVF and they dont want to put someone in the position that is going to go on maternity leave. I know they will never say that though because its discrimination.

Im off to NZ for a work trip for a week at the end of this month. It will be a nice chance to let my hair down, have a drink and enjoy myself and my work, they way I used to. We are going to do a FET cycle on November. Im really excited and looking forward to it.

Its getting harder and harder to smile and bear it when all my friends tell me they are pregnant. My best friend is 6 and a half months pregnant at the moment and I felt her baby kick for the first time last night. It was amazing but at the same time I was sad that we have not yet been able to experience that. I have booked DH and I 4 nights away in Melbourne at the end of Nov as we have an engagement party over there, it will be so nice to spend some time together. Fingers cross we will be celebrating ourselves and I wont be toasting at the engagement party....well maybe with OJ!!!

On another note AF is still not here! It been 5 and a half weeks since the chem preg and even then I didnt have a proper bleed it was just a bit of brown CM and Crinone (sorry about the TMI!). The clinic have asked me to go in on Wed for a blood test if AF still isnt here. I did a FRER last night and it was neg so I know im def not pregnant.

Fingers crossed my body will get back into the swing of things again soon.

Take care,

Aim xxx
    Last edited by Amy_jellybean; October 5th, 2010 at 12:23 AM. Reason: spelling

I think that sounds great Amy! You need other things in life because IVF really does consume it otherwise, you have lots to look forward and keep you busy Im sorry you didn't get the job, i hope something else comes up for you. It's amazing to feel a baby kick isn't it? My sister is 32 weeks pg and iv felt her baby boy kick a few times, but i know how you feel it does make you feel a bit sad. I watched the back up plan on sat, good movie but i was in tears thinking 'will i ever be pg'.

Im a bit nervous and stressed at the moment (im on 2 weeks hols, so i should be relaxed lol) Dh and i are deciding if we should top up our mortgage to get a new car which we need badly but then i stress about money and im still nervous about my blood results, im going into the clinic on thurs/fri so im going to ask for the results that are in to put my mind at ease.

Im on the countdown now for my next AF, 12 days to go!!! but then the STIM cycles take soooo long, but it will be good to get started again sorry to blabber on just needed a chat lol.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoyed there long w/e's

Hi girls, have been reading but too busy to write, so have some catching up to do!

Amyjellybean- welcome back hun, its understandable that you needed a break. That sucks about the job, you must be so disappointed, but at least you can go on a nice holiday to NZ (even if it is with work) xx

kass- good for you, I am nearly on a health kick ( it was meant to start yesterday) it is just taking a while for my brain to accept it, walking is great if the weather is nice, I have been avoiding the gym for a while now, shoud go back x

trueblue- that must be hard having a pregnant sister, poor thing being scared to tell you. Luckily for me, both my sisters are single at the moment. Here's hoping you will only be a few weeks behind here and can shareyour experiences together xx

Springlola- sorry to hear about your SIL and that she was by herself for a while. My Af as I said came friday too, mine was a good AF- no pain, I think the acupuncture is the reason behind this, I wish I had gone to her many years ago!! When is your next cycle? I havent heard anything yet. PM me if you want to know where to get fresh royal jelly, I know a shop that sells it.

Kaybee- hope you are feeling better in the tummy- sounds painful! When do you get results?

nicoleh- I;m with you , I think I am going to go for 2 embies ( if I am luck enough to get 2) next time. Good luck!

Loops-hope your jabs are going ok and with your scan. Sorry you and DH are having a hard time, TTC puts a lot of strain on both, I'm surprised anyone stays together

Fatgirlslim- you are getting right into it which is good, hope it all goes well and you don't have to wait as long this time xx

trishy- hope you didn't get a cold, how areyou feeling?

oneday-sounds like the holiday is coming at the perfect time! Not long til you leave, exciting!!

I think thats everyone!, Sorry if I missed anyone xx

AFM- just finishing AF who has been kind to me, and waiting for hte nurses toring back and let me know when my jabbing starts, currently on the pill whic is giving me headaches but nothing too bad

Hi Ladies, hope everyone is enjoying sunshine.

Got the call yesterday to start spray on Sunday, so its on again. Hopefully this time my body can stop absorbing all the drugs and start doing something productive with them. It works out it will be our 13th Anniversary in the 1st of Nov, hopefully when we do egg collection and ICSI, happy anniversary hunny, now lay down and let the nice man stab you in the nuts LMAO...He's gonna love it...

Saffy I have PM'd you, my SIL had the D&C yesterday, she's pretty relieved. quote ' its all over' but we all know that its only the start of it. She is planning a trip down here in Nov. I'm planning on trying acupunture too, I used to go all the time, I got slack I guess.

Amyjellybean Welcome back !!!!

Oh well no time for pressies, off to get fit.. the sunshine has motivated me..I'll probably be back on here in 10 minutes LOL

Enjoy the day everyone..

Hi ladies

Spring love your little quote for your DH and the annivesary I'm sure it will be one he wont forget. The things we do for a bundle of joy. Hope you've managed to get out in the sunshine

Amy welcome back. Try not to stress about AF I had a really long break between 2 of my cycles think it was about 7 weeks before it turned up it was nearlly at the stage were they were going to put me on meds to bring it on. Sorry about the job I'm sure your hunch about why you didn't get it is right.

Loops it breaks my heart to hear that you and DH aren't connecting this is a hard process and you need each other. Maybe he just needs to let everything out about how he is feeling but doesn't know how. I know my DH went through a funny stage too

Oneday trying not to stress is easier said than done, but just remeber we can only control what we can control what will be will be and you will deal with it. Think of everything you have been through and the results of the blood tests can't be any worse they can provide you with another game plan. Try and enjoy your holiday as it might be the last one you DH have together

To all the others good luck with your cycles

AFM well hand is on the mend but this cycle is taking forever. Had a scan today everything look sgreat but the follicle is taking its time growing. So have now been put on estrogen tablets another scan on Friday should start pressaries on Saturday and have the transfer on Monday. Cant wait and it also means I can get on with life now for the next few days

Hi everyone

Terry - hope your scan is looking good on Friday. I know lots of people have had nothing much show initially only to have heaps a couple of days later. fx!

Springlola - it'll be an anniversary to remember!

Saffy - thanks! Hope you get to jabbing soon

Oneday - hope they can give you some results. Try not to stress!

Amy -welcome back! Sorry to hear about your job. Hopefully you'll be able to take leave soon anyway. It's not a nice thought that they'd hold you back over the ivf and definitely not an easy thing to prove.

Hi Lovelies,

Thank you so much for your nice messages

It feels so nice to be back in here again. Well a new manager was appointed today and to be honest I feel a bit sick about the whole thing. She is lovely but can come across very over powering. Im just praying that next month is going to be our month and then I will be able to go forward knowing that ill only have X amount of months until I go on Mat leave.

Im so excited about going again next month but AF still hasnt shown up, she is now 5 days late Im going to have a blood test tomorrow morning before work just to make sure everything is ok.

Aim xxx

Helloooo ladies...

Thought that I'd pop in and say hi this time.. I have been reading - just javent found the time to actually post - so hopefully I have my head around everyone's 'stuff'

AmyJellybean - soooo not selfish! Hubby and I had a big break between ICSI 1 and this one - it's tough - and if you need time, you need time. Welcome back...

Springlola - sorry about your SIL - sending your family happy, positive thoughts - cannot imagine how horrendous that would be for her

Terry - my iCSI #1 I stimmed for 3-4 weeks - and before my final scan, they were talking about cancelling my cycle because they thought I might only get 1 egg.. and I kidd you not - literally - in the three days between scans - I had about 8 good size follies 'pop up' out of no where and ended up with 8 eggs - seven ripe for fertilisation I know how crappy it is when everyone tells you their good-news stories - because I didnt believe ANYTHING anyone said.. but it happened! I swear!

Nicoleh - How cool that we start everything, and are on the same 'doses'... how's everything going? I am also discussing 2 x blast tfers with hubby - I feel like I might be being selfish knowing the risks that come with being pg with multiples can come with if they both take - but I know that if we tfer one - and - touch wood - it doesn't work - i would KICK myself so hard for not tferring 2. The risks are especially high with my weight - so big decisions.

I know I have missed people - and I am sorry! Hi KASS, hi OneDay, HELLOOOO SAFFY, Trishy, Kaybee, Loops and True!!!

AFM - I go for my first BT and Scan on Friday morning - I am so nervous to see how everything is moving along after last time. FX for some good, big, juicy follies developing - so this can be a relatively stress-less excersize this time round. Jabs have been fine - no bruises yet - hubby is so proud of himself! LOL. Bit nervouse about starting my Orgalutran tomorrow night - the needle is huuugggeee... and I have decided to not be a baby this time - and I am not 'icing up' first ))

Love to all x

Morning Girls,

Fatgirlslim- good luck for the scan and i agree, my scanning was also stressful cos I ended up w a cancelled cycle, it would be so nice to receive some good news whilst lying there! I am thinking about transferring two also, I would feel the same if one didn't work. My friend in the UK has a baby from ivf and next year she is going to try again and said they implant 3 embies into women over 40yo ( which she will be). Imagine that! Good luck also w the Orgulutran, I have to use it this time, I will be interested to see how you go xx

Amyjellybean- maybe you have a sneaky BFP? Is that possible? My AF took ages to come after my cancelled cycle, its frustrating.

Kass- hi hon, how are you?

Terry-ohhh, transfer Monday- that is so soon, best of luck sweetie for scans and everything sweetie, you'll be in the TWW before you know it!

Springlola- hey I am cycling with you again- yay! Hope you are enjoying hte sun, I know i am, its been too long coming

AFM- going in to get my meds today and can start my cycle soon, transfer week will be 1st Nov, I am soooo happy it is really close. Also, I phoned the accounts dept and we get almost all the money back that we paid for the 1st cycle, so will only have to pay a few $100- beautiful! She said its the last month they do that and that it is changing, so I am lucky I am going this cycle- Woohoo, things are looking up!

Default Thanks for everything!

Hi lovely ladies
    Thanks so much for all your care and support, means so much.
    DH and I have spoken a bit and are much better now although the whole TTC and IVF is still making us sad - as it does for us all. But we are also starting to get a bit more positive.
    Sorry ive been MIA, been quite busy with work etc and also our computer at home is having a hissy fit.

There are quite a few of us going through another IVF round right now - and we all get BFP's very soon -
    nicoleh ~ you sound exactly the same as me. And it seems a few of us have scans on Fri - hoping we all have nice follies developing, GL girls xo

SpringLola ~ Sorry about all your stress and news you've had to deal with. GL with your cycle, wishing you all the best. Great to hear someone else loves staying at the show and showing cattle - so much fun.

True ~ Congrats on being an aunty again, I know it can be hard though - hugs hun xo

Amy ~ Welcome back. Hope AF arrives ASAP hun, GL

Sorry I can't do more persies ladies, I have to get back to work but thinking of you all

Hi to everyone

started my injections of the puregon Sunday and start the Orgalutran tomorrow.Scan on Friday & next Monday & guess egg pick up will be next week as well - fingers crossed for less eggs of a better quality.So far not feeling too bad compared to other cycles, maybe not using the synarel is a plus.

fatslimgirl - its funny how this process changes you, I never would have considered twins a few years back but now I will take my chances, I too am overweight and worried about the complications if 2 do take but DH & I are willing to chance it plus I don't think FS would do it if it was going to be dangerous. Between my weight & my age I feel like I can't win.

oneday86 - best of luck with your results and have a good holiday

saffy - yep if you can go the 2, I do not even know if I will get 2 but if I do 2 are going in!

Loops12 - good luck to you as well - lets hope atagonist cycle is the one for us

Good luck to all!

Hey ladies,

Jeez, it took me so long to read and catch up that now I don't have much time to reply.

Loops - glad to hear you and DH have had a big talk. I think it's really unfair what our relationships all have to go through when you're a LT TTCer, but in the long run I'm hoping it brings us closer. For what it's worth, my DH struggles with it all too.

Saffy - Yay that you get your money back! Why are they changing it? Surely they can't take your thousands if they don't even do a transfer!!

Fatgirlslim - good luck with the big fat one tomorrow - you can do it. Hope fridays scan shows lots of lovely ripe follies too.

Amy - you're doing it a bit tough at the moment chick. It's awful that you have to work for the girl who got 'your' job. Praying that you will be off on mat leave before too long. Dealing with friends' pregnancies is always an issue for us LTers and it sucks.

So sorry ladies, have to go - was going to do more persies - next time

ooh, quickly afm - tummy pains from biopsy have gone - yay! Now I think af is here but not sure. She's early if it's her, why does nothing go to plan??? Might go get a blood test tomorrow to see where my hormones are and if it really is af or just some random bleeding. Sorry - have to go

Just wanted to let you know I had my first Orgalutran this morning - someone on here (can't remember who now!!!) had me worried as they said it was a large needle. Well I hardly felt it, it was easy as - I have to say I feel the puregon needle more so to anybody having the orgalutran for the first time don't stress!

Howdy...

Saffy - 3 embies? Phwoar... that, I don't think I could risk... jeepers! I guess they calculate the odds with age / prev cycles etc. Brilliant about your $$... exciting times for you. Fx this is the ONE!

Loops - good to hear you and your hubby are in a better frame of mind xx

Nicoleh - I feel the exact same way you do - feel like juggling everything and nothing is ever going to be *perfect* - just have to bite the bullet and DO IT. It was me that was whining about the Orgalutran needle... I just look at it and freak myself out - studying the size of the needle Good to hear your experience wasn't too bad. I start on my Orgalutran tonight.

Hi Kaybee - good to hear your feeling better

AFM... nothing new to report... scan and BT first thing tomorrow morning. Fx for some good, good news.

L x

Default Thanks ladies

Hi Ladies
    Wishing all of us with scans tomorrow all the very best. for lots of big follies growing!! Good luck

All the best to everyone else as well - hope everyone is happy and doing well

nicoleh ~ Hoping this antagonist cycle works for you too sweetie, good luck. I found the 1st antagonist needle easy but the one I did this morning hurt. I think I just got a bad spot this morning.

Hugs all

GOOD LUCK

wishing all the scanners lots of yummy, juicy, follies growing for tomorrow

Saffy yay for us cycling together, sunshine was good while it lasted..today is really average. I have my appointment at the acupunturist today, looking forward to it. I have to call into FS today and clarify some things with them. I must ring accounts too because we didnt use any of ours either.

Terry good luck for your scan today..the FS admin called me and asked if DH would be having Local or General..I told her about our special day and said I think he'd like none, LOL, she burst out laughing, she's never had anyone ask for that before ...I have a very worped sense of humor.

Loops hope you and DH can find a happy place, I never imagined that this IVF would be sooo emotionally hard ..DH and myself have had more tiff's in the last few months than we have had our whole relationship. But I think it can only make us stronger...You have Dairy cattle right? We are actually having a sea change (or inland change) and selling up our beef property and going a bit North into Dairy.Its very daunting but exciting too.

Kaybee so glad to hear that the cramps are gone. hope the BT give you all the answers you need.

AFM Enjoyed the sunshine yesterday at Elmore Field day..DH and DS dragged me around tractor shopping.my legs are killing me, I so need to get fit...
    Off to have some acupunture today.I want to cover all bases before this cycle.
    I should really get my wisdom teeth out before then aswell.I'm such a sook about dentist and having teeth pulled..I'll just live with the denile of their exhisitance and hope the pain goes away

Good Luck to everybody having their scans today..LOL ..to Saffy Juicy follies LOL.

Hi everyone. I thought I would introduce myself. I must admit I have been stalking for a while and thought it is about time I join in. I am just about to start my 1st IVF/ICSI cycle. Waiting for AF to arrive, so that I can get started. I will be doing an Antagonist cycle. We are doing IVF/ICSI because of MIF, but recently I have also been diagnosed with a very low AMH. My biggest worry is that my ovaries won't react to the meds. I am glad we finally can get started. I am excited, but also very nervous about it all.
    Good luck to everyone!

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast