Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & Assisted Conception - October '05 #3

cazzoom Guest

hi. I have quite a few IVF blinkies feel free to pinch this one just use it strait from this.

Cazz

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Nola

Welcome back

The follicle numbers sound great - I am not too sure about the E2 levels but they are well within normal limits - gives them indication of how many eggs are developing and how you are responding - this early it is probably too early to say what they mean except you are on track ...
    over 12,000 they cancel at some clinics I read

The EWCM is from the FSH injections - Gonal F - producing all that oestrogen .I had it too.

Goodluck - not too long now before your egg pickup

Cazz - you are a champ - hoping for you get some of blinky magic too

Nola - Mel -got pregnant on her first IVF cycle =D>

Hi Nola
    I can't help much with the levels - don't know much about that but am learning from Sush and Sheree (she calls herself Magic now!!!)
    I too had heaps of EWCM on my last stim cycle (Gonal-f 300). Same as Mel, hadn't seen that much for a long time. It's a good sign.
    Just want to wish you good luck with everything. I'm on day 4 of Puregon (300).
    Sue

Sue, Thanks you so much, I wish you all the best

Trish, thank you also. I am feeling a little more confident.

Melbo, CONGRATES First time. I am so hoping to follow in your footsteps.

chat soon.

Firstly a big congrats to amanda right now...well done honey you deserve it.. me on the other hand just peed on a stick and guess what i got a

just knew it would be... oh well will wait until bloods on the 26th and then once that result is in will book in to see my gynie again and get the lap/hyst done... maybe a good clean out is what i am after..

don't really feel anything at the moment.. a bit kinda numb really... i think i will have to tell DH about the test.. will make up some excuse that i thought i saw spotting...knew something wasn't right when my BB's were no longer sore... oh well round two next year sometime..

take care leis xx

Leis, don't go hanging up your boots just yet. We all know pee sticks are a lot like AF - inept. Get it wrong all the time. Stay positive.

thanks suzie Q.. told DH he was very sad not crying but i could hear his :hbeat: very fast when he hugged me.. he said he ain't convinced until bloods on wednesday... (if only i felt like you guys).. i have the back pain starting .... i think i will be sad when my period comes, my little ones falling out... i know they are only little cells but they are DH and I!!! I suppose we were lucky to get where we did .. some people don't even get as far as we did...

anyways i'm going for a surf tomorrow... hope you are all well. xxx

ps amanda honey.. how many cycles of IVF have you done???

Leis, IMO a surf might not be such a good idea atm. Just walk puppy along the beach, breath in the salt air and take in the rays. Wait for your Beta before you go doing anything too energetic.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Nola, hi sweets. I hope I can help out with some of you questions.

Your levels will not mean much about now. It will only be an indication of how many follies you may have. This is why they also do a scan, and the cross reference of the scan and the bloods give them an idea of how far from O'ing you are.

If you have, say, 10 follies, the clinic will be looking for your levels to hit about 5000-7000 to know that they're probably mature enough for your EPU.

I never took note of my E2 levels in my first few cycles coz I trusted the clinic to do it all, but in later cycles, I found that I could roughly figure out how many follies I had by knowing what my levels were on any given day. But ultimately the scan of your follies is the one to pay attention to anyway.

Also, loads of EWCM is perfectly normal and means your body is doing all the right things!

Leis, I got a -ve hpt before a +ve beta. So did Mel. Only the beta results count. Until then, it would be a good idea to err on the side of caution. I had sashimi (raw fish) the day I got my -ve HPT. Very very bad for pg. And, man, don't I regret that indiscretion now!

Amanda, crossing my fingers for your beta.

love
    sushee

Nola - thanks pet and I wish you all the best too. As Trish said, this was my first IVF cycle and we got very very lucky, that's all I can say. Two transferred and one vigorous little blighter stuck.

Leis - Just as Sushee mentioned, I got a negative HPT (two of them actually) along with disappearance of all pg symptoms so the last thing I was expecting from my BT was a good result. You just never know so try to hang in there till you have that little test. Sometimes those peesticks - even the early ones like I used - can be very wrong. No period yet is also a good sign. I had cramping and stuff like mine was about to start but it never showed. Really hoping that you get some good news next week.

Have a peaceful weekend ladies.

thanks sweetie, but it is hard to stay positive... just feel so PMS... anyway will wait and see... when are you due Melbo???

love leis xx

Leis - it's okay to feel down, truly. Sorry, I hope you didn't think I was trying to jolly you along or anything because I think after everything you go through in long term TTC, you've got every right to feel down from time to time. I'd be the last person to tell someone to cheer up because I would often hit the skids with monotonous regularity. Also after my experience with peesticks, I'm very wary of them too and I know how they can ruin your day.

Thanks for asking about Apple (the bump). He/she is due on April 4. It's a shock I'm still getting over I think!

Excuse my ignorance, but this was an IVF baby Melbo??? How many cycles or where you guys lucky and hit gold first go??? thanks for your kind words... i bet you are so happy about your bub.. may i also ask how old you are???? I have just turned 30 and get sick and tired of Dr's and scientists and nurses saying.. 'oh but you are so young'.... hohum??

thanks again.. leis xx

No probs Leis. It was the first IVF cycle and I'm 37. We had two transferred and one stuck.

Melbo you are my light. I am 39 in December, we are opting to have 2 embies transfered. So I am praying that 1 will also stick 2 would be just a bonus. We were suggested to have the two for the fact we would have a 15% better chance of being able to keep one. I will go with any thing at this stage.

All the best. AND a huge huge CONGRATULATIONS....Well done.

Just how far are you?

Hi Melbo,
    Which IVF clinic was it? I'm starting my down reg with MIVF at the end of the month. Always nice to hear positives.
    Cheers,
    Didge

skyelar Guest

Hi ladies!
    I am new to this thread but wanted to say Hi & introduce myself.

I am currently TTC number 2 & have been for 12 months now. We have a little girl who was concieved the month before our IUI was due to start.

I have PCOS & have been using Clomid for 6 months to ovulate. Found out yesterday that Hubby has big problems with his swimmers so looks like it will be straight on the IVF band wagon #-o looks like I will be going to Westmead IVF in Sydney, might see you there Trish!!

I will be "listening" in to your info about IVF & wishing you all good luck!

Thanks Skye

Hi Skye and welcome to LT TTC.
    You'll get lots of info, support and the odd giggle in here. Hope your stay is short!
    Sue

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast