Thread: LT TTC in Rocky

babygirl1978 Guest

Default LT TTC in Rocky

Hi to to everyone in this forum!!

I have been ttcing for (counts on fingers...) 18 months now?? Couldn't be.. Anyways, have just finished my first IVF/ICSI cycle at MIVF here in Rocky. Not successful. I noticed a few women on here mention Rockhampton so thought I would do a shout out and say hi and good luck with your treatments.

I will be signing up for round two in july (fingers crossed).

babygirl

Hi Babygirl,
    I have just moved to Rockhampton with my DH and DS. Sorry to hear about your first IVF go.
    Sending you lots of baby dust for your second round.

hey

i am not from rocky i am from biloela an hour and half drive away and i am looking into doing my ivf with monash aswell, was originally going to go to QFG in mackay but i think i might stick with rocky.

babygirl1978 so sorry that you guys didnt get bfp here is hoping that july is your month
    how did you find the people at monash?? the reason why i ask is that i have herd a few stories about them and they werent real good apparently, but then i have been on the phone with them a couple of times now and they seem really nice and caring. who is your fs is it layden or prasad?? i have to pick between them and i dont know which one to go for?? i just wish dr phoo would come back, how dare he retire lol

krysalyss welcome to central QLD, how are you finding it?? hope the move wasnt to stressful for you?

babygirl1978 Guest

Yeah Im not sure about Monash in Rocky yet. I am a bit annoyed at them at the moment. Dr Leyden is my FS and I am going to check out Dr Prassad to see what he is like. The women at MIVF are lovely and really caring but to be honest I found one or two to be a bit patronising and didn't listen to my concerns. I guess they aren't used to being questioned. Our first cycle didn't feel right from the start. I was under stimmed "as a safety precaution" and it resulted in us getting only 2 embryos and we were told we couldn't have them both transfered. I didn't see the point in only freezing one as we wouldn't risk a frozen transfer with only one to defrost. So we don't really have an option but to stim again. $$$

What ever you choose just ask a heap of questions and make sure you are very clear on what you are after. Dr Leyden is good at what he does - I didn't hurt after any of his interventions but he is still only a dr..

mummy2chloe, hope you don't mind me jumping in here... with regards to Leyden, I've only ever heard good things about him, but that was when he was practising as an OB, I haven't heard anything about him at Monash though. With Dr P, I've heard good and bad, just like Dr K. I think it just comes down to personal taste.
    goodluck with your upcoming cycle

Nic

hi there I am in Moura we aren't doing IVF but I see dr leyden for fertility treatments scans and clomid, honestly he is excellant, dr prassard was my OB and well I found him to be very clinical and not personal at all, mind you if we are againn lucky I will use prassard again, if you feel like things didn't go the way you wanted why not talk to leyden about your concerns he is so easy to talk too, and would surely help answer any questions you might have

you'll have to come hunt down the members in rocky thread

hi there,
    i'm in gladstone about 1 hr south of rocky, and have just started seeing dr leyden for fertility assistance. we've been ttc for 18 months also (goes quickly doesn't it), and from the appoints i've had with him so far, he seems like a nice dr. he answered all of our concerns at the first appoint and we see him again next month when he visits down this way. it definately comes down to personal preference.
    sorry to hear about you negative result babygirl, good luck on your next attempt.

I have just seen this. We have been TTC # 2 for over 18months , and are currently seeing Dr. Leyden. While he seemed very nice , i wasn't really happy with what he had to say. I would love to chat to a few other local LTTTC'ers .

babygirl1978 Guest

Default Hi MIB

MIB,

Hi!

yeah we just had an appointment with Dr Layden before we signed up for our 2nd stim cycle. I cracked at the MIVF ladies about a heap of things and the first 10mins of my appointment were a bit tense. I have to say though that he was a lot better - they must have said something as we are now on 200 of the pen instead of 125 and we are having a day 6 blood test and one a week after ET so happy with that. He also agreed to try extra progesterone so I am actually feeling positive about this one.

We wanted a long term plan in case we needed one (don't think that is too much to ask) and now we have one. Hopefully we wont need it but at least we might have the choice to do a FET if round 2 doesnt work.

Would love to chat,

Babygirl

Dr. Leyden asked me to lose weight before he would treat me. I was devestated

babygirl1978 Guest

OMG are you serious? Thats a bit rude. They are a bit funny about weight I thought too but for the opposite reason. One of the ladies at MIVF said I am starving my body and that is why we aren't pregnant. hubby has over 98% abnormal sperm - that is my guess as to why we aren't preggo.

How rude - that has made me angry.

Did you go see Prasad?

wow Mib I'm sorry that was the case I fully expected to be told the same thing when we first startedseeing Leyden but wasn't :hugs: