Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & taking Clomid/Metformin #5

Hi ladies,

rhichichi, im on cd 17, I think im due to ovulate today or tomorrow.
    I did a fertility monitor test this morning and it still showed peak fertility but at 10am I did an opk and it showed negative, so maybe I already ovulated.

Anyway had enough of dtd, so hopefully tonight was enough. Now onto the tww.

Fx for you ladies

Clairesmummy - fire your questions away! That is what these threads are here for!

Bec - Good to know it is not just me! I knew O I late when I fell pg with DD b/c my dates changed from the start of June to the 15th June, but I thought it would be different on meds..... hmmmm I feel a bit better now. Gosh, I so hope it all our month! I just posted in another thread about how I am dredding not being pg for Xmas or New Years

RhiChiChi~ Thanks darl, I'm not going to be much help to you ladies though, as I said I'm very clueless with TTC while on Clomid, having been trying the natural way for just over 2 years now and as you can see with no success at all. I have been doing my temp since my MC in April and slowly figuring that part out and I only started doing OPTs a few months back as well, not that any of this has helped us get our BFP as yet, so fingers crossed Clomid does the trick for us. I may not be very helpful in the advice department ladies but I will give you all the support I can on here.

Good Luck to everyone that's about to O and or in the 2WW, praying for lots of BFPs before Christmas and the new year.

Hi Ladies, can anyone help me?
    I am on CD 17 today, had tiny pains yesterday and the day before. Today when i woke up the pains were worse and i felt really bloated. By the time i got to work at 7am they were quite painful. It was a dull achy pain all across my lower belly, the only relief was when i crouched over and squatted.

So my Q is, is this ovulation pain on clomid? or is this not normal? The pain continued till about 10am and gradually went away during the day. Last month I had O pain, but it was only on my right side and was more sharp and it only came in 5 minute intervals.

Also, if I have questions like this should I post in here or just general LTTTC?

Thank you

Hi Tasha,

I have found that Clomid can intensify O pain, but also that each month is different. Some months I swear I can pinpoint the exact moment, other times, I just feel generally achey and have twinges for days. What you felt sounds like ovulation to me, is it around the same day as last cycle? I usually ovulate on CD17, so when I feel pains around then, I usually know that it's coming! Hope this helps!

Bec - I know exactly what you mean, but unfortunately I tend to think EVERY month is THE month as some stage through out the month! I just can't help it!!

Tasha, thats exactly how i felt too. But i felt more like something was dropping down all the time!!!!! and heavy. I also Od on CD17, you are two days behind me so hopefully we get to be bellly buddies!

I never had those pains before either so i think its clomid

Hi M2OSB,
    Actually I'm CD18, well 19 today, got my dates wrong! Feel good today so far, no pain. Gosh it was so annoying yesterday. It felt heavy for me as well, kind of like bad AF pain. We BD last night, we have every second night since CD14, so hopefully that was enough! You had a question earlier (can't remember the thread) about DTD. From what i remember being told you DTD every second night because the sperms need time to regenerate before "evacuating" again, so to speak
    Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

Hi Everone
    I've been MIA for a week or so i have just been really busy, DP ran into tree dirt bike riding silly fool. I will have to go back through and catch up on where everyone is at.

Tasha - Yes i have heard the same thing DTD every second night.

AFM - On CD 10 so this weekend we should be busy if im right with when i should O think i might do some ovulation tests to make sure. Really excited seeing my FS next week to get any prescriptions i need and get ready so i can start IUI
    on my next AF which hopefully wont come but the last week of Dec it will be due.

LOTS OF BABY DUST TO EVERYONE

Rai~ I hope you advised your DP that trees won't move out the road for you to fly by......lol....had to hurt though, hope he is ok and still up to getting his grove on for you for the week end darl....Good Luck with catching that egg and sending you lots of baby dust and some great BFP vibes darl.

Good luck to everyone else waiting to O or in the 2WW sending out truck loads of baby dust and BFP vibes to you all, FX we get a few before the end of 2010 and lots more in 2011.

AFM~ Tomoro night I start my Clomid journey with all you wonderful ladies in here, when should I expect to get any SE if I get any? A little concerned I'm not going to cope with the mood swings if I get them and feeling a little like my body has let me down by having to go onto Clomid. But no doubt I will deal with it all in time. I guess my main concern is that I'm not sure what I will feel like if it works and I do get my BFP and take home bub. We have been trying for what seems like forever and after so many let downs and BFNs I think I will have a coronary if we get a BFP on it, IYKWIM. LOL....thank you in advance for any advice girls and take care of you all.
    xox

Clairesmummy - lol that's what i said to him. His getting better now but has been in alot of pain. I will make sure his ok to DTD this weekend after all the complaining i have heard over the last week and a half. Thank You
    I'm really sorry i cant answer about SE i was lucky and did not have many at all, wishing the same for you. I know the feeling your body has let you down its so fustrating when some people can fall pregnant so easily, it
    just should not be this hard. But the bright side is that your doing something positive with the situation and taking clomid and i'm really hoping for you that its first time lucky. Sending you lots of Baby Dust. GOOD LUCK

hi girls,
    rai- I hope your DH is on the mend and up to a full weekend of rolicking good fun for you both

Tasha- sounds like you've done your bit towards a BFP this month, and it definately soudns like you o'd yesterday. That's the pain I usually get.

Clairesmummy- I know what you mean about feeling like your body has let you down, but at least we should be able to correct things, and clomid is what it might need for now. To answer your question about SE I got mine from clomid day 2 for the time I took the tablets, and then to a lesser extent thoughout the cycle. HTH

Hi to everyone else, I hope you're all well. Who coming to the end of TWW's? I know there were a few; keep us posted!
    Jules- GL for your scan tomorrow, hope there's a nice big follie for you!

AFM: I'm CD9 today and for the first time ever I think I might be ovulating early! I've got a scan tomorrow, so I'll find out in there are any follies ready to go. I'm having a bit of trouble with the jabs this round, they have been hurting heaps! That's never happened before. Who knows hey? I have everything crossed that this month is mine for a take home bub, I'm a little over being patient!

Have an awesome weekend girls,

Bec

Hi everybody
    I haven't posted in a while, just been trying to not think about ttc because last month it sent me crazy and i had such a bad meltdown when AF came.
    Im on CD16 and got a +OPK today so im hoping i'll O tomorrow. I DTD last night and have been every other night since CD 9. Should i DTD every night from now? My Ob says it's fine to DTD every night but there is so much conflicting info out there im not sure!
    Neways,no SE this month! YAY!
    I wish everyone well, and hope someone gets a magical christmas BFP.
    xx

Hi Yas,

Mine said it was fine to DTD everynight, but every second is fine too. I read an article that said, while DTD every day means that the semen volume may be slightly decreased by more frequent intercourse, 24 hours is more than enough time for him to raise enough troops to do the job. So in short the article suggested that you will get more troops if you DTD every 48 hours, but there will still be enough troops available after 24 hours and because timing can be a bigger issue, DTD every 24 hours may actually be better where female factor fertility is the only issue. This wouldn't work though if your partner had any fertility issues also.

Hey all,

Sorry I have been MIA - been busy trying to keep up with household jobs and pre-christmas catch ups. The days fly by

Had my scan today - one nice follie on the left 18mm, so looks like I will trigger tomorrow, just waiting to know what time then AI on Monday. Going to work from home on Monday, just waiting to hear back from my boss if that is ok for sure........

Go to go, have a tradesman here fitting some rollershuttersa, will try to get back later or on the weekend.

Hey ladies, just a quick one as I wanted to give you my story on when to DTD.

I too was always told to DTD every second day so that DH's sperm could build back up again. Well we tried this (whilst trying many other things from naturopaths to clomid) for 3 years. The first month that we decided to do something different since it clearly wasn't working, we decided to DTD everyday (around O time that is) we ended up concieving. I must also tell you that this was 3 months after my lap and I was on 100mg of Clomid but I definately think it had a lot to do with it also.

So my thoughts on the subject are that if you can handle it and dont find it too exhausting then go for it everyday, the more sperm you have in your hoohaa has totally got to help I wreckon.

Anyway that's all from me, hopefully I'll be popping back in within the next few weeks to give you our BA, 9 days till DDay now.

Hope you are all well and wishing, hoping, praying and crossing every bone in my body that there is LOADS of BFP's in here for Chrissy, you all deserve that long awaiting BFP. GL fabulous women.

Xxoo

Default Feeling Excited but also Nervous as anything.

Rai~ Thank you for your kind words hun, I really appreciate them. Hope your DP is feeling better and is ready for your action packed week end.

Becnxavi~ Thank you hun yes it does help alot, at least I will have a bit of a heads up of why it's happening if I get any SE, I just didn't think the SE could or would kick in that early, wow I could be in for a hang of a ride.....lol....I keep warning DF that I could turn into a totally hormonal freak on Clomid he just keeps laughing at me....lol Hope your scan goes well hun and you O soon, good luck with catching that egg and here's to a BFP for you soon, FX.

Yas~ Woohoo for no SE that's got to be a great feeling. I would go for it every night if you can, it can only help I would say. Good Luck hun and sending you out some Baby dust and sticky vibes.

RhiChiChi~ I'm guessing but that sounds like a great sized follie, good luck for Monday darl, got everything X'd for you.

Keli~ Good Luck with the birth of your beautiful bub in a few weeks, hope it all goes wonderfully for you, can't wait to read your BA.

AFM~ Well today is CD5 and tonight I start my Clomid, feeling very excited about it atm but trying not to get my hopes up to high as I don't want to be let down if it doesn't work for me IYKWIM. I'm off over to my parents place for the week end and to see my very dear friend as well. Really looking forward to a few days away, hope I don't turn into the woman from hell while I'm on these tablets though. Hope you all have a wonderful week end and hopefully I will get to read some BFPs in here when I come home next week. I shall leave you all with a truck load of and .

Hi, sorry to post just this, but I am hoping for some advice from the IUI/IVF ladies (I posted this in another thread, but want your opinions)

'I need some advice from, I assume mainly IUI people & /or IVF people.

I am currently on CD 20 and had a scan & bloods today to check my follie sizes etc... I have one follie at about 19mm. I just got a call from the nurse who advised that my LH had started to surge and the egg may be on the way but they can't tell for sure. I have no symptoms (ie: sore bbies or O pain, EWCM) to suggest I have O. She advised not to continue with puregon tonight & not to do the trigger. I then became concerned b/c from my past history, I know I do not O regularly (PCO). She then said I can do the trigger, but to do it tonight and then come in Monday for AI. She told me that it will do no harm to do the trigger and only provide hormones to support any pg. What would you do? I am thinking of doing the trigger. BTW we BD last night & have been advised to BD tonight & tomorrow night.'

I'd do the trigger Jules. Mainly becasue I know I (like you) don't always o even when it looks like I'm definately going to on my own! If it won't hurt at least you can cover all bases? I've not ever done AI or IUI etc, but that's what I'd do based on my OI experiences. GL!!!

AFM: My scan today was ok, things are happening, but no follies over 10mm so I have to up my dose and go back Wed for (hopefully) trigger. That's it from me!

Bec

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast