Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & taking Clomid/Metformin #5

Keli thanks, yeah hoping that it is third time lucky and won't have to go through any more.

Kris, sorry that it didn't work, it's quite disappointing when things just don't happen. Best of luck with IVF and you have a bub growing inside you soon.

WBM, yeah I'm certain that it is AF, the cramps are just rediculas (again) and I am that heavy it's not funny.

Rhi hope that this cycle works for you, FX'd for ya.

Well, CD2 and day 1 of clomid. I must say that I am not enjoying having a really heavy AF in this heat, it is going to send me crazy. And to top it off, we are going to rainbow beach on sunday to catch up with DH's bro, wife and kids and I can't go swimming

Hope you all have a good weekend, looking forward to getting some sleep

Oh Liz, I am so sorry to hear that AF turned up! What a bugger. It is same process this cycle?

Kris- sorry to hear Clomid didn't work for you. I can't help you much with Adelaide docs, but Monash IVF has a good rep in Vic, so maybe a good rep over there too? You can check recommendations on BB I think, just type it into the search engine or google it. GL!

Hi Jules- hopefully this will be your cycle. I have my fingers crossed for you!

WBM: Good luck for your cycle this round. How are you feeling?

Porsche- when was that next scan? today? I hope thinks are still going smoothly for you? Nearly to 12 weeks!

Tammara, Mez, Pumpgirl, Keli: How are you all feeling? Tam & Mez, not long now! Can't wait to hear all about your beautiful bubbies!

AFM: Still waiting for AF but I'm feeling very crampy so it's probably on it's way. To make matters worse (Sorry TMI) I have an awful case of thrush, which is also making me feel uncomfortable! I'm hoping AF will arrive tonight so I start jabbing on Saturday with a bit of luck.
    I totally fell off the wagon with my walking for the last week. I've only walked twice and played volleyball once! oh well back on it again now! I'm hoping all my hard work will pay off and I'll get UTD this month and it'll be a sticky one. I keep dreaming of twins...hehe.
    Stay well everyone,
    Bec

Hi Ladies

Bec - Last scan was Monday. All is well. We saw the little bubba lying in the sac all looking great. So we can relax now until 13 weeks when we have our nuchal scan. I think we all fall of the wagon exsersie wise lol. All good intentions and all. Hurry up AF.

Liz - That sucks about heavy AF. It might be raining on the weekend any way so swimming could be off of the cards.

That's awesome Porsche! GL with the nuchal scan, I'm sure it will be fine.

AFM: Well AF finally arrived so I'm officially CD1! Woo hoo! Jabbing starts tomorrow. Quick question for anyone who's done FSH injections; I have Gonal f from my last cycle left over (unopened), but my new FS has prescibed Puregon. Do you reckon I can take the Gonal for the first few days. From what I've read they are the same essentially just different drug companies. I don't want to stuff the cycle up, but this stuff is relatively expensive! Any ideas would be appreciated.

Have a good weekend!
    Bec

Bec, yep we are doing the same this cycle and if it doesn't work then we will be doing full IUI cycle next time. Yay for AF finally arriving and best of luck with the jabbing. Are you doing them or is DH going to do it for you?? I'm not sure if I will get DH to do them this time.

Porsche I'm sure everything will be fine with your scan, should only be a couple of weeks away now.

Well AFM AF has starting to slow down now and only having slight cramping which is good. I must say I have been a little moody yesturday and this morning, DH and I had a bit of an argument this morning, and both just needed to walk away and calm down. Am feeling better now, and DH said that he had thought over the last few days I was a little wierd, so I am thinking everything has finally caught up with me, oh well.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Bec - i wouldnt risk it, it probably wont do anything to affect it but i personally dont think it is worth the risk. Maybe call the chemist or if you have an after hours number to call and just check.

Not long at all to go for me - 4 weeks tomorrow and im deffinately feeling 36 weeks preg (not that im complaining) just getting to the uncomfotable stage i think.

Glad things are still going along nicely for you porsche.

Good luck ladies cant wait for some BFP's take care and night xxoo

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well. Think that we really need a BFP soon, I think that we could all use the motivation right now!

Well I am just waiting for AF. I am technically day 29 today, but as I don't know when or if I even ovulated, I can't say where I am up to!? I of course couldn't help myself and have done about a thousand pregnancy tests, but all negative, so really I have no idea whether AF is on her way, I am UTD but too early for a BFP or I am still waiting to ovulate!? *sigh*

Hope everyone is doing well.

I am on my second round of Clomid and dont think I can do another month. I have been basically bedbound with agonizing back pain, due to the relaxing of the pelvis muscles. All fingers are crossed for this month. I am CD10 today and looking at possibly a whole 2 weeks of Bding to make sure. I have charted everything right down to the last second this month, simply because the pain of more clomid is too much.

Not that it will happen (positive thoughts) but I was wondering, what else is being used out there? If I was to have to go on something else?

Also I am going for my first ultrasound this week... can anyone tell me what that is about? Follicle size??? Whats a good size??? I have no idea what all this is.

Thanks in advance and BFP Vibes all round.

Tess

Hi Ladies

Bec - Yay on AF arriving. I agree ith Tammara with the gonal and puregon. I wouldn't take it unless I had spoken to a nurse or FS. I still have a purgon carteidge hedre unopened from my cycle but I can't return it as they can't guarentee it has been stored right so it seems a waste to me.

Epayne - I'm glad AF has settled down now. She's a horror at the best of times.

Wannababymumma - I think a BFP is due in here as well.

Tammara - I can't believe it's almost time. It's a bit sad for me as well. My EDD is fast approaching and I'm trying not to think about it.

Lady_Tess - The next thing to try would be FSH injections and possibly timed intercousre or IUI after clomid. You have to move to more agressive treatments. I can't help with follie sizes I never had scans to check them whilst on clomid.

AFM - 2 weeks till our 13 week scan. DH flies out tomorrow so MIL will come to the scan with me. M/S is stil around but has eaased off a little over the last 2 days. I last threw up on Saturday so I'm averaging 1-3 times a week lol. I'm a little over it now.

Hi Lady_Tess: as Porsche said FSH injections is the next step. Do you know whether you have ovulated on Clomid? I've not heard of such severe pain before. I had a lot of trouble my first round of clomid with nausea and cramps and migraines, but it calmed right down after round two so you might be ok. A lot of the other girls have said that the symptoms calm down after the first round too. Unfortunately the best laid plans of charting, timing, knowing exactly when ovulate still don't guarantee anything (I know what you mean about charting everything, I used to do it too!) I don't mean that it won't help, but I know I used to beat myself up when AF arrived thinking "what else could I possibly have done?" We just have to do all we can to help things along and the rest is up to fate I guess. I hope that doesn't sound too preachy, I can just so sympathise with how you are feeling. BTW 16-18mm is the size they generally want follies before ovulation. Are you having pregnyl shot to induce ovulation or they letting you ovulate on your own (both are normal)? GL with the scan, I hope you have some nice big juicy follies!

Porsche: I'm so excited for you! I know you must have been waiting with baited breath for 11 weeks to roll around. Bugger that DH is out of town for your scan, but I'll bet your MIL is excited to get to come. I know what you mean about Tammara's due date rolling aorund being hard on you. I reckon it's absolutely fair to still feel a bit jibbed about last time, even though you now have another beautiful soul growing in your tummy. hugs for you for when that date rolls around.

Tammara: 4 weeks! WOW! Have you got your names sorted out? THat was my biggest stress with DS and we knew what we were having! GL with the birth, I realy hope it's short sweet and stitch free for you!

Liz: Hope you're feeling better.

WBM: I know what you mean about that rollercoaster. I can never just trust a BFN untill AF arrives, and even after that sometimes! I hope it was too early, and you have a BFP on the way.

N2L: how are things going with you?

Jules: You must be coming up to the end of your cycle? I've lost track. I hope you are well though.

HI to everyone else, sorry for no persies!

AFM: Well CD3 today and jabbing began! I decided to just use the puregon (thanks for the advice girls) so I was a day late in starting. I'm due to go for a scan late this week, but things NEVER happen quickly for me, so I'm assuming it will be next week till I see anything. Remember I said ages ago that a psychic told me I would have a Cancerian baby next? Well, if I fall pg this cycle, the baby would be due early to mid July...middle of Cancer starsign! I hope it's this month!

Bec

I know exactly what you mean porsche and i think its perfectly natural to feel that way. I cant wait for you to reach 20 weeks - thats when i started to sort of feel safe

Yes bec we have had names for ages now - our boy name Dylan i chose before we even got pregnant and maddison we chose a couple of months after we got preg. So she is maddison sheree. Im hoping for a short sweet stitch free birth also but seeing as she is in the top 90% size im thinking there might be some stitches.

Have a good evening ladies hope your all well.

quick question to those of you who have had puregon...I just picked mine up and I got the needles and the cartridge but no pen! should the pen have come with it? Or do you have to get that seperately? So I took the Gonal f and I'll just have to fill the script I had left over from the last FS! Oh the dramas!

HI Ladies

Oh Bec - The pen should have come with the first script. I was given mine at my FS office I didn't need to fill a script. Ring your clinic and ask just to double check. I wouldn't worry about missing a day I was injecting air in my first week of jabbing lol. They'll up the dose if it's not working lol. Good Luck!

Tammara - Maddison is on my list as well but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lily. It will be Lily Judith Kay for a girl. DH has Hudson picked out for a boy and he just won't budge. Hudson Donald for a boy. I still need some convincing. Any thoughts ladies I could really need some convincing on Hudson lol.

Hi all

Sorry, it's been over a week since I posted. Just busy with work and life...my usual excuse!

I haven't got time for thorough persies - sorry! - DD is in the bath and I need to keep an eye on her to make sure she is actually washing herself rather than just playing.

I did want to say to Lady_Tess that it's not just follicle size they will be looking at but also thickness of endometrium (uterine lining). From memory it should be about 10mm to be viable for implantation. Sorry to hear you are having issues with the clomid but, like everyone else, I recommend you stick with it because the side effects disappear after the first round (well, they did for me!)

Bec - good luck with your jabbing. I dont think you need to worry about taking the last of your gonal f - I am pretty sure it and the puregon are pretty much the same thing.

WBM - how are you going?? I was thinking this might be your month....Especially given the pink CM. Fingers crossed

Epayne...hope AF is on her way out and you are gearing up for the big O in a week or so. Sorry to hear it was so painful

AFM - CD15. I have a scan tomorrow to check follicle size, etc. My usual FS is away so it will be interesting to see what her replacement says/does. I might take the opportunity to sneak in a second opinion on whether I should do another clomid round (this is meant to be my last). It HAS to work this month....IT HAS TO!!!!!

Hello to everyone else. I hope all is right in your respective worlds.

take care all

n2l x

bec - we also got the pen with our from FS

porsche - i actually like hudson, we must have the same thinking i also like lilly

POrsche- I love hudson! Lily was my girl pick when we had DS but since then I taught a thoroughly annoying Lily so it's off my list! beautiful name though. I love maddison too both very pretty. We've got Scarlett Katherine or Finn or Archer if we have another one, I love baby names!

I will ring my FS about the pen and see what she says, but I've got enough Gonal f for this round so I'll just go with that. I started jabbing yesterday and I've found I have been really sore and bloated today. Is that normal? CAn't be OHSS yet, so I don't know why it's happening! Yet another bizzaare symptom to add to the list!

Welcome back N2L!

Have a good night everyone,
    Bec

Wow it looks like everyone has been busy.

Bec I'm not to sure about the difference between the 2 but I am sure they are just different brands. When I got my gonal f injections in the box it had the pen (with stuff in it) and the needle sticks to put on the pen. So not sure why you weren't given the pen as well. Oh and I so hope that your right about th July baby, will have everything crossed for you.

Tammara that is so exciting only 4 weeks to go. yay!!

N2L GL with your appointment, and yeah it would be interesting to see what the replacement is like, I don't think that my FS has a replacement, last time he went on holidays we had to put off moving onto the next step until he was back.

Porsche wow, only 2 weeks until you get to see your bub again. Keep thinking positive thoughts about holding your baby in the next 29 weeks.

Hi to anyone else I know I have missed a few of you, hoping you are all travelling well.

Well, AF finally finished and I am off to the FS tomorrow to start jabbing for the 3rd round. Oh I thought that I have been going well with the clomid dosage until this cycle. I have been easily anoyed and snapping at just about anything that is even only slightly anoying I sort of didn't realise it till DH asked me last night again what dosage I was on and when I asked why he just looked and said that I have been quite moody that last few days.
    I did have a little pick me up this afternoon, I had a long chat with my sister last wed about everything and I recieved a package in the mail from her (chocies and a card), I think it was just what I needed and in 15 days I will be seeing her, BIL and my little nephew. It was quite funny talking to her she asked if I would be finished the injections, well yeah we should be, but hey my body doesn't always do what it is supposed to. I said, well if not then we will be sleeping in the shed out back instead of my folks then won't we
    On the names topic DH have sort of decided on the names we like for a girl Eden Lily and for a boy Christian John. Oh and Porsche Hudson is a lovely name.

Looking forward to some more BFP's on here, just think we all need a pick-me-up.
    Last edited by lilminion; October 12th, 2010 at 09:07 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Hi Ladies

I'm more accepting of Hudson now lol. Just need to get used to it as DH won't budge lol.

Liz - Yay on the chocies. What a great pick me up for you. And what a thoughtful sister. You're very lucky.

Bec - At least you have enough gonal to get you through. I didn't noice bloating until EPU but I know i is a S/E lol. I think we've had them all about now?

Nothing2lose - Good luck. I hope you have a nice looking follie about to pop!

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast