Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & taking Clomid/Metformin #5

Liz & Claudette- I know what you mean! It's so disappointing! hugs guys* Just give it a little time and it'll happen
    Thanks Jules, Liz, Hope & Rai on your best wishes to Xavi. he pretty good, my little trooper! He isn't in too much pain, which I am amazed at, and I really hope it's not becasue there is nerve damage or something! We have another check on Monday, so hopefully still going well.

AFM: My scan today was not all good, although not all bad. Nothing at all on my right, 1 biggy (not mature enough yet) and 4 smalls in the left. Up my dose to 112 (like you Liz!) and rescan Monday. Although my FS isn't working Monday so she is sending me to the u/s place at melbourne IVF, which also isn't open Monday! So I don't really know what to do. I'm waiting for FS to call me back. I'm feeling a bit niggly so I think I'm coming up for o, but we'll see, I've been wrong so many times before!

Enjoy the rest of the week!
    Bec

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes, I think I have just gotten a little overwhelmed with eveything I think. Oh I don't think I have written it down bout I am CD22 for me today.

Bec that is good to hear the Xav is feeling better. Also great news about the follie. For the last week I have been getting niggling cramps and since yesturday having the larger dose it feels like my ovaries are having spasims. I think that is why I was disappointed at the scan, thinking that I was moving forward in the cycle from what I was feeling.

Hope everyone is travelling well and we get some good news on here soon, think everyone needs to hear good things can happen.

Hi all

I agree with you epayne. It's been months since we have had a BFP. I think Porsche was the last one. Unfortunately, good news isnt going to come from me this month. AF is definitely on her way I have cramps at the moment

I can totally relate to how you feel epayne. I feel the same way. It is good to have youth on your side though (sorry, you are probably sick of hearing that). But there are new processes and technologies being developed all the time at such a rapid rate. By the time you are my age (39) I think there will be a way to fix all fertility problems! Not sure if that helps at all, but keep your chin up and take care

Bec- hope you sorted out where to get your scan. I am kind of in the same boat. I was meant to have a scan on the first couple of days of AF (for the endometrial hyperplasia investigations) but because of FS being away on Monday and Cup Day I will now have to wait until next cycle. Very annoying! Good to hear your little boy is on the mend. I have had DD to the doctor this week too. It must be the season for it! Good luck with Monday's check up!

Everyone else, hope you are feeling well and not letting this whole LTTTC thing get you down.

Take care all x

n2l

Hey all,

Sending everyone tons of *hugs*

We definately need another BFP!

Not much to report here - had my first u/s to see how my follicles are coming along and they are about 10mm. She said that they should grow approx 2 mm per day, so it sounds like I am on track. Have to up my dosage to 67 and go back Monday for another u/s. Hoping that the follicles keep growing 2mm or more a day so they will be above 14mm when I go back.....

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all well

Hi everyone,

I am excited to start BD on my first round of clomid. I'm CD 14 today so now is the time to start!. Haven't felt any O pains yet, hopefully in a few days i will. So frustrating not knowing exactly when to BD as it is hard to fit one in all the time!

Wish me luck
    And for everyone else!

Tasha- yah! GL with pinpinting o, I hope it doesn't make you wait too long! FX for this round

Jules- Glad things are happening for you! So they would be expecting you to o about Thursday? How are you finding the jabbing? I had a doozy yesterday; huge bruise! Other than that I'm not findinf them too bad?

n2l:bugger about AF, I hope she stays away!

Liz: I'm sure things will start happening, sometimes it just takes time. I wish we had some exacts!

How is everyone else? Porsche, how are things going? All good I hope? Claudette- how was your appointment? Shan? All our lovely graduates? Hope you are all well!

AFM: Well I haven't managed to sort out scans so I'm just gonna wing it and go on Wednesday. If I o before then, well so be it! I'm not sure how those of you who've done the FSH injections found them, but I've found my mood swings are shocking! I am a blubbering, angry, anxious mess, and I am barely managing to deal with even the smallest change in my routine! I feel aweful! I just want to o and get it over with so I can stop the jabs. I was like this when I was pregnant, but at least I knew I was getting a baby out of it! My FS said I may not even o this cycle, and she'll be happy if we get an o in the first 3 cycles! ah, no, I WILL NOT BE WAITING THAT LONG!!!!! Sorry for the rant, I'm hoping I can get on top of things this week!

Enjoy the weekend ladies,
    Bec

Bec - Sorry to hear the side effects are really hideous for you. Must be the dosage??? FX you O straight up, bugger three cycles :S

I have no idea when they expect me to O. I assume I have to do the trigger then DH will produce a sample & I will O???? I am confused :/ I am really sick with a virus too, so I hope this won't affect my chances of falling pg...
    Last edited by RhiChiChi; October 31st, 2010 at 03:39 PM.

Hello everyone
    Sounds like everyone is having a downer ATM, hopefully someone posts a BFP on here soon (or baby arrival announcement). It sounds like we all need some cheering up.

Bec hope Xavier's appt went well today, maybe he just has a high pain threshold. GL with this cycle and I hope your moods improve soon.

Epayne I know what you mean about feeling like you aren't meant to have kid's, I have been having the same thoughts this month too. One day (hopefully very soon) we will all get our much wanted bubs and all this pain and torture will be worth it.

Claudette maybe they scanned too early? FX'd that it was just too early and you will catch that egg

Hope hello to you too, how are things going with you?

N2L how is everything with you? Did the dreaded AF arrive?

Hello to everyone else out there

AFM - I have had a crappy week and it seems to be continuing unfortunately. Have been feeling yuck for about a week now and the mood swings haven't been real good either. Have been trying to organise my new mobile and am getting constantly stuffed around and I am ready to snap. Was meant to have my new phone today (well I was meant to have it 3 weeks ago but that drama is too long to post), and when I rang to find out when it would be arriving they inform me that it was only picked up today and that it won't be here until Thursday, not much use to me as I won't be here. Currently waiting for someone to call me back, she has until 2:45 before I ring back and ask for her supervisor. Sorry for the rant but I am ready to start throwing things.
    I am currently CD 44 and no sign of O'ing or even AF atm. I have no idea what is going on and I am getting very frustrated. Also strating to think that maybe it just isn't meant to happen.
    i am off to Port Douglas tomorrow for a conference which should be good (except I will miss DH as he can't come). Will check in but probably won't be able to post. Hope everyone's week improves.

Hi Everyone,

So sorry that I have been missing for so long. I won't attempt to say hello to individuals, as I am so far out of the loop. I stopped getting notifications for some reason, and then I was just having a little break anyway to help me be less crazy! Well so the theory is anyway. I hope that everyone is well? Surely someone has a BFP due! I am beginning to think that they are just a myth!!

Well it turns out that last months AF, was just a light AF, not so sure that I actually ovulated last month though, but thankful that I wasn't stranded in no mans land and got AF anyway. I am in the 2WW of my third and final cycle with the OB/GYN now. I ovulated yesterday - CD18 (a day later than normal, but started my Clomid a day later too this cycle as I forgot the first day!), so now I am just waiting! Had positive OPKs for a couple of days and I could feel the pains yesterday, so lets hope it was a big fat egg! I was also a major cranky cow for the couple of days before and I actually had some CM too, so looks like the hormones are pumping!

I am hoping and praying this month (as always), but especially so because THREE of my friends announced they are pregnant last Friday! I couldn't believe it, all before lunch too and none had any idea the others were pregnant! One of the girls has been trying for 3+ years for #2 and she finally got her BFP, so I couldn't be happier for her. It was a natural cycle this month, but she has been on and off Clomid for a while. One of the others is having #1, but she literally conceived first time they BD'd! Her fiance is in Melbourne at the moment, so they know exactly when they conceived and it was the first time trying for a baby! The third is also having her first, but not sure exactly how long they had been trying, not very long at all though, maybe a few months at most. Why is it soooo easy for some? I always get this nagging feeling that maybe it's natures way of telling me I'm not meant to be a Mum?

Hi Ladies

Been a little quiet in here lol.

Mel - I'm so sorry your friends annouced their pregnancies. It's never an easy thing to hear when your actively trying and constantly getting no results. Do they know of your TTC?? You ARE ment to be a Mum. It's just taking a little bit longer than you would like is all. It will happen I know it will. It will happen for you all. It's a sucky journey that's for sure but I truly believe that some higher being has chosen us all for this rocky path because they KNOW we have the strength to keep going. The ones who fall at the drop of a hat don't realise how lucky they are.

Tammara - that baby must be due any day now!!!!!!

Hi ladies

Yes porsche she is very close, we are down in melbourne (clayton) just waiting for her to make an apperance. Ive not really had and signs that she is on the way except yesterda had a really sore back and i think my mucus plug is starting to come out but other than that just waiting. My actual due date is this sunday so any time i guess.

Hope your all doing well

Ohh, Good Luck Tammara! Can't wait to hear your birth announcement!

AFM: I don't know what's going on with me, I thought I ovulated Tuesday, but not sure. I can't get into my FS till Monday, but I've got a form for a BT for tomorrow, so I guess I'll get some idea! Even though FS said don't DTD untill I've seen her again, we did a few times to make sure that if I did o we don't miss it completely. May end up with triplets or something...lol

Bec

sounds like hubby has SUPER SPERM bec lol i think i would hve done the same to make sure

Hi Ladies,
    Its been a while since i have been on here! I was previously stalking the thread but then the laptop got a virus!! *sigh* its all good now though!
    So as i said last time clomid was a fail *thumbs down* so we are moving onto the next step.
    Have an initial appt with Dr Bedson from Repromed on the 8th Dec. Has anyone on here used/using them?
    We had a choice between adelaide and melbourne, however melbourne monash don't do visits to my town where as repromed in adelaide do!

Anyway, even though i haven't taken clomid in a couple of months i find that i am still having hot flushes and a few mini mood swings. Apparently it can stay in your system up to two months after taking the last tablet!
    I have a lot of pain in my right ovary today and its making me wonder whats going on down there as i have never ovulated on my own before (like seriously never ever lol)

Hmm that would be it wouldn't it! Getting preg whilst waiting for the doc! :P

I WISH!

I also noticed since being off the clomid i am not as irrational, for example i just found out some old friends of mine are pregnant and i was so happy for them, i didn't cry or have a hissy fit or anything! *smug smile* so proud of myself *pats on back*
    Also DH and I have been getting on so much better as we don't have that pressure of having to perform. I am actually enjoying the break before we move onto injections. Hopefully looking at starting them in march / april next year. But first, we have to save some money.

Hope you are all well, sorry for the no persies as its way too far back to find where i was up to! Lol!

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I can't often read everybody's posts because my internet is wireless (no land line!) and it's really unreliable sometimes
    I need some help actually, this is my first round of clomid and i am Day 21. for the past 2 days i have had really uncomfortable pains in my right ovary and some in the middle. The pains have mainly been at night and always worse in the morning (especially after i pee) Is it possible to ovulate this late? I took clomid from days 5-9 and it just seems too late to be ovulating. Is this normal with clomid? I'm getting paranoid that something is wrong! I had my Day 21 BT today so i can't call my Gyno till Monday to check if i have ovulated this cycle.

Any help much appreciated

Hi Tasha,

It sounds like it is ovulation pain to me. It definitely is not too late to ovulate. I didnt ovulate until cd21/22 my first round. I know a lot of girls here on clomid ovulate much later. So I wouldnt panic if I were you (easier said than done though!). Are you having scans to check follicle size or having trigger injections? Or are you relying on HPKs/charting, etc as well as the blood test?

Keep well and dont worry too much. I am sure it is fine

n2l

Thanks n2l,

Oh thank goodness! The pain is gone tonight, but had pains this morning. Do i still have a chance? we didn't DTD last two nights because i thought it was too late! No trigger shots and no scans have been ordered for me and OPK's always read positive so I'm totally in the dark about when (and if) i ovulate, always have been
    Can you ever have pains and not ovulate?

At least i know for next cycle

I guess it's possible to have pains and not be ovulating as they may have nothing to do with reproduction (eg. you can get pain in that area which is muscular or referred pain, etc, etc). I would still put my money on the fact it was ovulation pain.

If I were you I would ask to have scans/trigger shots to determine when you are going to ovulate, especially as the HPKs dont work for you.

As for whether you are still in with a chance, they say the best thing is to DTD for three days (before, during and after) around ovulation for your best shot. If you are not sure when you ovulate you should DTD every second day over the second half of your cycle.

That said, "good" sperm can live inside you for five days so you never know...

Good luck

n2l

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast