Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: LTTTC & Assisted Conception ~ January 2006 #2

janee Guest

Thanks for your support sushee...I remember reading your posts some time ago....I notives you're a WA girl too...which clinic did you go through? I'm with Hollywood Fertility and they are really supportive, bar one nurse who drives me insane....
    I'm trying to stay positive and sane, although the wait really drives me nuts...why oh why can't someone come up with an instant preg test the minute you are! Wouldn't that be worth a lot of money.....take care all

skyelar Guest

WOO HOO Leis for your friend, I replied in the other thread.

Janee~ I know exactly where you are coming from . I have a DD who is almost 2 & when conception is so hard for us I began to think what can't I just be happy with one gorgeous healthy child? I am just not finished yet. I want more children. I am amazed at how many ppl don't understand that ](*,)

SuzyQ~hope your holiday plans are coming together! Wish it was me

Sushee or Trish~have you used Crinone with your IVF before? I have AF type cramps & am wondering if it could be the gel?

janee Guest

Skye, yes I know what you mean....our DS is already 5 and a half....so for years now I've endured the insensitivities of people saying "when are you having another, are you having another, don't you want any more children?"......sometimes I just have to walk away to stop from going crazy at people...I know they don't know, but surely people could guess that maybe it's not OK to ask.....fortunately I'm away from work on a holiday right now, so I don't have to endure those comments as much.
    Hope you're all having a good day. [-o< for BFP's for us all!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Skye
    I used crinone twice and I did get AF cramps -worse this second time -when I got BFP - I could hardly believe it when I POAS - considering the cramping I'd had on/off for 5 days

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

janee,

I was with Concept from start to finish. I liked them, everyone knew me and treated me really well. At first they seemed kinda conservative, but in the end, they, and my FS, were willing to work with me and do whatever they needed to do to make it work. I had at one stage considered transferring to Hollywood, but the two things that stopped me were that they wouldn't take me if my BMI was over 35 (it was 36 at that stage) and they wouldn't transfer more than 1 blast. I decided to stick with Concept and they surprised me by showing me a more pregressive side to them I didn't know existed! Lol!

skye, I've used Crinone, but only on my very first cycle. It is very normal on any sort of P4 support to get cramps, so don't worry too much okay? I admit I didn't like Crinone, you had yucky clumps of it coming away (tmi, I know) and it was just awful. Even though the pessaries were more inconvenient, I did prefer them.

As for people's comments, I'm now going through the 'it's your fourth child??!!" comments, and there is complete amazement from people to hear we not only planned this, but was trying for over 4 years, and spent thousands in AC to conceive. But you know what? It's my life, and as long as I'm not asking anyone to pay for it, whose business is it anyway what I do with my body and my money?

love
    sushee

Janee, I am also with Hollywood in Perth as well. Would be interesting to discuss your thoughts on the nurses. I've been there since Nov 04 & have found them to be good also. I'm not around at the moment because in October I had an EP & m/c, with no AF since (thus the use of BCP). Maybe we'll pass each other one day.....
    As Sushee has said, they only transfer 1 blast, but I am happy with that.

I've just decided I'm going to stop my BCP today, only 2 left though. Then hoping AF comes while I'm at home rather than work next week. Can't really see any problem with that, I'm sick of all the indigestion & sore BBs.

Good news for your friend Leis, those type of stories are so 'cuddly'

My comment when asked about any more kids is 'it doesn't happen easily for us'. I feel that covers all bases in a nice way. I don't have to explain & usually they don't ask!

Take care all

skyelar Guest

Trish & Sush thanks for that. The cramps are worrying but I guess it is doing what it is meant too. So glad you mentioned the clumps. I was too to say anything but now that you mention OMGoodness it is horrible. :shock: IVF is TMI central isn't it

janee Guest

Tam, sushee and Skye, thanks for your thoughts....isn't it a small world Tam? we may have already passed each other in the waiting room and not known it....funny old world! Yeah, I like Hollywood...we basically chose it because that's where Dr Turner is...he was our ob/gyn for our DS and I really like his sense of humour, albeit very dry. I'm sure he has offended some people with it in his time, although not us.... it is good to be able to laugh in the face of adversity isn't it!
    Take care all....
    Jane

suzy Guest

Skye - both times I've used crinone, I've had AF cramps. The first time they were worse, that was my bfp. So I'd ignore it.

Sushi - thanks for the advice, I"ve called the clinic and asked them to ring me every day.

Mrs Maloo - I'm with IVF Australia in Chatswood with Dr Quinn same as SuziQ. On the whole, my experience has been positive and with a take home baby then how can I criticize?
    The first time I did IVF, the hospital really didn't have its act together, and neither did their administration. The last time and this current time, those things were much better. Dr Quinn is a honey - no complaints there, as Suzi said.
    Then again, I have nothing to compare. I get the impression that Sydney IVF is more commercial/impersonal/streamlined, but I have no idea really and if this cycle doesn't work then I might go and get an opinion there - but then again, I'd feel a traitor to Dr Quinn.
    IVF Ausralia do EPUs in Sydney on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Leis - great to hear about your friend. what a buzz!

Off to bed now, and to that bloody crinone gel.

Suzy

Hiya Mrs Maloo

I have two girlfriends who have used IVF Australia, one with IVF bub after three cracks at it and another without after only one go, but both were very happy with it all. I think one used IVFA at St George Hospital and the other at Maroubra.

I was with Sydney IVF city clinic for EPU and ET but all scans and bloods done at Sydney IVF Port Macquarie, as we live up that way. I was very happy with them, although unfortunatley we weren't lucky enough to get what we wanted, but we will head back at the end of the year if the baby Gods don't provide us with a natural conception between now and then.

Best wishes

leis xx

sararms Guest

Hi ladies

Skye I hope you are doing ok post transfer. This is the hard part isn't it. I was told by the people at my clinci that the progesterone I was taking was the mai cause of the cramps I was having. (I don't know if it routine for you Aussie ladies to take progesterone after transfer). I had pains that were very much like period pains with it. At times I convinced myself it was implantation, and at others that I was going to have my period. In the end it was nothing and I didn't get lucky. The best advice I can give you is to try and relax if you can. Good luck.

Is anyone taking Vitex here? And do you have to stop when you start the IVD drugs?

Hello Guys :smt039

I though that I should move onto this forum as DH and I are looking at starting IVF in Feb/March after unsuccessfull attempts with clomid/IUI. It's good to see some old faces (?) and to have some new people to share the journey with as I am feeling a bit in limbo land at the moment, as I had started on the pill expecting to start IVF this month, which didnt go ahead, so technically I am not even trying to conceive, which is way bizarre after 3 years of trying!!! ](*,)

I lam looking forward to getting to know you all better.

[-o< Skye - I was so excited to see you in here and to read that you are in the TWW with a little emby - how cool. I am praying for you.

Bye Bye

skyelar Guest

SARI!!!!!! Old buddy, old pal how are you?
    So nice (kinda, wish it was in preg forum) to see you in here I am so sorry to hear your IUI were unsuccessful We skipped that & went straight for IVF. I am so excited about sharing this journey with you. Can't wait till we both get our long awaited BFP!!

Tam~ I love your comment regarding more kids. I am going to use that one from now on. You are right it is too the point but in a nice way. Thanks!

I think my Dr used to work at Sydney IVF but left & started his own clinic? I googled his name & found all this stuff on it. Maybe someone else will know some more? I am at Next Generation Fertility with Dr David Knight.

Have a great day ladies!

Hi Sari

Welcome to the forum.. you will find lots of support from us gals around here and i hope that your stay is short and sweet and in no time you are moving right on over to the preggie forums...

best of luck

leis xx

Hi Girls,

Just a quick update from me.....no personals tonight though..sorry.

I've had a pretty rough day today and yesterday as well. As you know i've had constant spotting since AF arrive on 27th Dec, and only due to the fact that i have been on the clomid and had my U/S's that I know that i have ovulated etc and was well into the TTW.

Well late yesterday and again today, i've had quite heavy bleeding to the extent that I had to use a pad today (sorry if TMI). I was so positive that this was my month, but now I'm not so sure. Since Monday i've had this really strange taste in my mouth, almost like when you put a spoon or something in your mouth and it's all metalic like, i've had pulling accross my abdomen and today back pain, and i was more than happy to ride the rest of the week out and to test next week.

But my worries got the better of me and i rang the clinic looking for some condolance. They have no idea what is going on so i'm off to have a B/T tomorrow morning to test progersterone and pg. If neither come back good, then i'm not sure what is going to happen. I just can't understand it though. I'm only on CD23 and it is too early for AF, so don't know why I am bleeding. It's stopped a bit now, but I don't know for how long!

I had a cry on DH's shoulders this arvo and my frame of mind has just dropped into all those bad feelings. Depression, Anger, Guilt, Sadness, Frustration etc etc etc.

I guess i will just have to hang out until tomorrow arvo to find out a) if anything is going on down there or b) what the next step is.

I'm sorry for the vent, but i had to get it out.

I'll let you all know tomorrow arvo what the outcome is and try to get to some personals then.

Love and Hugs.

Shan

Clomid can be a horrible drug and I don't mean to get you down, but when i was on it, it constantly gave me so many pregnancy symptons, including the metalic taste in my mouth, nausea, weird cramps, emotional, insomnia, and the list goes on....

I understand why you are so emotional, having no control over the situation is just so hard. Take a deep breath and take each day as it comes.

I hope everything is ok Shan... and take care of yourself

love and hugs

leis xxx

Thanks Leis....I think i just needed to hear from someone whose been there that it's okay and that I have some support. Thanks heaps.

I guess i was getting upset coz this second Clomid cycle was so different from the first. Oh well, i guess i'll find out tomorrow hey.

xoxoxo

Hi there!
    I had the u/s this morning and it's definitely !!!
    Was pretty cool seeing their little heartbeats, still hasn't completely sunken in though. And they're measuring 6wks 6days, which is exactly what they are today, which was good to hear, can relax a little now.
    Cheers for now, I think I need to go and do something productive
    Didge

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast