Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: LTTTC Two Week Wait - June 08

ooohhhh its getting exciting in here! I'm so pleased that there are others going into the TWW at the same time as me. It was so quiet in here for a while.

Possums - how fantastic that you have your lovely embie on board! that it is a sticky one.

Dusty - no problems about the note, you and your sister are really inspiring. I so hope that your 2 embies are lovely sticky ones. You really deserve it

to all of you

Can't wait to join you in here on Wednesday. Make sure you all put up your BT dates so we can start to keep track of when all the happy news will start rolling in.

Janie xxx

Am feeling impatient and distracted already!! and washing from excited and positive , to nervous. Need to calm down...lol

Oh Possums... welcome to the dreaded TWW! Everything you are feeling is so normal. It is such an exciting and scary time. In the lead up to transfer you were able to control things as you were injecting and going to FS appointments etc. Then when you move into the TWW all of a sudden there is nothing to do!

In regards to exercise, I think the main thing is not to do anything that makes you too hot. I go for a lot of long walks, but at an easy pace and find that this helps my sanity. I don't know if you can knit or anything, but I am knitting our future baby a shawl and find that during the TWW in particular that this is a great way to keep my sanity and feel connected to my embie. Perhaps taking on a task that is specific for your future baby would help??? I know a lot of girls do scrap booking. Reading is also a big hobby of mine and I find it a god send in this time.

AFM Started on the progesterone pessaries last night. First time I have used them as used Crinone in Stim Cycle. So far so good, but yuck to how oily they are and having to lie down for 1/2 an hour afterwards! And they are soooooo expensive! Dusty you must be on them also... I'm on dose of 400 in the morning and 400 at night. What are you on?

Just waiting on call from nurses today to confirm transfer time for tomorrow. Have decided this time that I am going to take a sick day off work. When I did stim cycle, I went to work then transfer then straight back to work again. Just felt like I was rushing everything. This time I am also incorporating acupuncture pre and post transfer, so having the whole day to be able to do that will be great.

to Possums, Dusty, Saph and LuckyStrike. Bubbles if you read this, come on in and post in here... I believe you are in the TWW also

Janie xxx

Hi everyone, I had my transfer on sunday morning and am now on day 3? of my tww. So nervous and scared as well, i didnt get to freeze any eggs so we are praying for this little one to stick We had one blastie transfered and this is my first IVF cycle.

I have been taking my 2 litres of water each day. And have done pretty much nothing the last 3 days. Cramping has gone down a bit today. I wonder how long does it takes for a blastie to implant? I heard it was the first 48hours, is that right? Would that mean mine would have implanted by now also finding a bit uncomfortable when sleeping, tummy feels weird and sore lower back and i dont know if anyone is the same but gassy as well? When will be the earliest that we can do a hpt?

My BT is 17th July so not long away. Really hope that I will have some good news to announce by then! Hopefully we will have many BFP!!

Hi Bubbles, welcome to this thread. I don't know yet if we have any to freeze. They were going to check on our remaining two embryos and decide today and I have to call tomorrow.

I am taking pressaries and have found that since the egg retrieval I am still bloated and have had a lot of tummy upsets and cramps and yes, lots of wind pains! I also feel very tired all the time, which I assume is a reaction to the hormones etc.

I really hope lots of BFP in the coming weeks girls!!

I am back at work today - would rather be home, but then I would probably be even worse with nerves!

HI Bubbles, good to see you here. Lots of for you!

I don't know when a Blastie implants I am afraid, but in regards to the cramps and gassy feeling, I can totally understand that. I think when they do the egg retrieval that they may pump some air to separate your organs... makes it easier for them to locate everything apparently. After my EPU I felt like I had air up under my rib cage for about a week afterwards. I also suffered some pretty severe cramps early on, which I believe are from the Crinone and also from the fact that your ovaries have been pretty severely "bashed" in the collection process. Again, it took just over a week before all these symptoms started to settle for me.

In regards to the HPT, it depends on what drugs you have taken. The trigger shot can give false positives on HPT. Best thing to do would be to ask one of the nurses at the clinic as they will know. Me, I have a hate, hate relationship with HPT and have sworn off them as they do my head in more than anything.

Girls if you want to let us know when BT's are so we can keep track of them. Pretty sure that mine will be on 23rd July, but will know for positive tomorrow.

So that means so far we have:
    Bubbles - Thursday 17/07/2008
    Janie - Wednesday 23/07/2008

Still waiting on transfer time. Will call them at 2pm if haven't heard from them.

Janie xxx

Good luck girls,

Bubble, similarly to you I thought Blast should implant 24-48 hours later but I later learnt that depending on the quality of the embryo and whether it is a day 5 or day 6 transfer ,the embie could implant on day 7 to day 10 (some say to day 12 but my nurse said up to day 10). I will keep my fingers cross for you all.

Kahlan

Hi All,

Well I have times for tomorrow:

Pre Transfer Acupuncture is at 7:30am
    FET is at 10:40am
    Post Transfer Acupuncture is at 1pm

Can't wait!

Janie xxx

My BT is on Friday July 18

Janie, glad to know all the symptoms I have are not unusual!

I felt great having acupuncture after my ET. Good luck with yours!

I am having more acupuncture on monday next week.

wow! it does take quite a while! I was feeling a little grim as i thought that implantation could be sometimes like a pulling/tugging sensation around the belly button area and i dont think i have felt that yet i think. I'm trying to keep my hopes up and be positive
    Janie: so exiting! not long now..!
    Possums: hope your bubsicles make it and you will be able to freeze them both, that would be great news!
    is anyone on a special diet whilst on tww, like to help increase implantation or something?

Hi Everyone and a big hello to the ones I havent met yet!

Saph - good luck on the natural cycle, that would be the best result of all!

Dusty - sorry about the embies not freazing, but with any luck you wont need them. I have my fingers crossed for you, I was reading your journal and I think your story is UNBELIEBAVLE and you are lucky to have such a great sister. I really hope it all works out for you, and you have BFP at the end of all this!

Janie - good luck for tomorrow and enjoy your day off!

Bubbles - Hopefully you wont have to rely on freazing embies, and you'll get a nice suprise on the 17th. Isnt that early for a BT? I was insemenaated on friday and my FS just said see you in a couple weeks. Its probably different to IVF, but I think its something to do with the Ovidrel I need to take on Thursday, it must give a false positive if they test me too soon.

Possums I hope your bloated tummy settles down soon, but wouldnt it all be worth it if this was "your" month!
    As for special diet, I am not doing or eating anything different, I was paranoid about drinking 1-2 cups of tea/coffee a day and FS said it was nothing, so I have decided to not get worked up on all that.

ASM I was insemenated on Friday so that makes me 4 days post IUI (or do I include friday which makes it 5??) anyway, I am not feeling a THING! Not even tender breasts which I normally do (even when I am not trying to get PG) So I have to say I am not very hopefull. I wish and prey that I get a suprise at the end, but I just cant see it happening at this stage.

As for BT, I guess I'll call the nurses up in 2 weeks if there is no AF and work the rest out from there. That would be arouund the friday the 18th I guess. I think my FS said I need to wait an extra 3 days before they test me though, so I'll just wait and see!

Good luck everyone, I wish everyone in this thread gets a BFP, its about time good things start to happen here

Sorry if I missed anyone, it wasnt intentional, havent been on for a few days there have been lots of posts!
    Last edited by LuckyStrike; July 8th, 2008 at 04:26 PM.

good Luck To Everyone In The Tww, Please, Please We Need Some Bfp In Here!!!!

Janie: Hoping Your Transfer Goes Well, Prayers For You.

Hi Luckystrike!- I really do hope you get a positive surprise this time.
    And yes, all my symptoms would be well worth it for a BFP!

Bubbles...sorry you didn't have any frozen embies by the way...but it only takes one, so I hope your little one sticks!
    I have been wondering if there is anything special i should do too...am just trying to eat healthy and not do too much. It's hard not to second guess things and worry, but like you, trying to stay positive and not obsess on it too much (easier said than done!)

JBM and Kahlan- thanks for the well wishes.

Janie...hope tomorrow goes well

Hi all sorry for being a little quiet, just my way of coping with everything. I really didn't expect to be here as we are not doing a drugged cycle and I didnt expect to ovulate with out them. Janie 'i dont have a BT date so will just wait for AF to arrive or until the morning sickness kicks in. Had it so bad with DS that at birth he weighed more than what I put on through my whole pregnancy. Best I had looked in years. Hope eveyone is doing okay stick little embies we need some BFP in here after all the BFN last cycle.

saph- i hope you get good news this month!

I just had some good news...one of our remaining two embryos A(we had three eggs fertlise) has been frozen. Yay. we didn't expect that as we were relieved just to get one to transfer.

HI Everyone,

Hope you are all well and not going to crazy in the TWW. Well I have officially joined you all

We had a beautiful 6 cell embie transferred this morning Unfortunately we lost one embie in the thaw process, but this one transferred was only 4 cells when frozen and once thawed has continued to grow.

I have been beautifully taken care of today by my acupuncturist with both a pre-transfer and a post-transfer session. I am so pleased that I decided to take a day off this time. I really felt rushed the last time and did not want to feel like that again.

to everyone.

Janie xxx

We must have posted at the same time Possums... Hooray for your little frostie

Janie xxx

glad it all went well today Janie! I am finding the acupuncture great too...and I am sure the little embies appreciate the extra energy flow

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast